It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

shawnaslover HB User
Hungry too soon

I am 5 weeks with my second pregnancy. I feel hungry all of the time. I didn't do this this soon with my first. I keep telling myself it is my head but it really isn't. Is it too soon to be hungry all of the time? I feel like it is. What do I do?
Shawna

Old 08-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

AGemini HB User
Re: Hungry too soon

Are you eating enought protein? That seems to work for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

In the first trimester I lived on string cheese (no mess). Lots of protein and calcium. I could grab a handful of crackers to go with it and it seemed to really help get through those hungry times.

But the entire first trimester I had this feeling that when I wanted to eat I had to eat NOW! Not in 5 minutes. Not when dinner was ready. NOW!

Old 08-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

mandrea HB User

Are you starting out underweight? When I became preg. I was a little underweight but I made up for it fast during the first trimester, lol. I felt like my body was trying to stock up on certain nutrients, etc. I'm in wk 34 now and I don't eat as much as I did those first few months. Your appetite will probably be different throughout your pregnacy. I also had all day nausea my first trimester and I was constantly eating trying to find what tasted good/didn't disgust me. Some people get ms and don't eat anything - I wasn't one of those

Old 08-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

Hello,
I am not underweight. I am 5'2 and 112lbs. I just feel so hungry but I can't hold much food at one time. I am trying to eat frequent small bits of food.
Shawna

Old 08-23-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Shawna I know how ya feel! I am 17 wks tomorrow (god willing), and if I don't eat every 2 hours, ON THE DOT, I get so nauseous and ill that I almost have to lie down. Hubby laughs at me b/c w/o even looking at the clock, my body knows when it's been about 2 hours, and I always ask him if it has been that long since I last ate. He finds it amazing that I know right when! HAHA! But anyways, even in the beginning of my pg, I had terrible m/s, but if I didn't eat every so often I would feel like I had eaten a thing all day long. What works for me, if that whenever I have to eat, and say it's not breakfast time, lunch or dinner, I keep those soft baked pretzels in the house. They take 3 minutes in the oven and they seem to kinda kill the nausea until my next meal is ready. Or if you are on the go try crackers, or even pop tarts are good (even tho, not a lot of nutritional value, they have some sugar in them which sometimes you need if you blood sugar level dips too low). Good luck, and with you I hope this "need to eat" feeling passes!

~Jackie~

Old 08-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #7
(female)

mandrea HB User

Shawna,

Frequent small meals are actually a good thing. I just plain overate early in my pregnancy, and was nauseous all the time. From what I've read, though, you are much better off eating smaller amounts 5-6 times a day rather than 3 large meals. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mandrea

Old 08-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User

Hmmmm, I was like that with my first. But not now. I am 5 weeks, and I am not as hungry with my first. I do believe snacking on fruits, and eating small meals will help with that hunger.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #9
(female)

Sumami HB User

Hi Shawna!

I'm just over 5 weeks and I'm also always hungry. No morning sickness but just always want to eat then when I do I get full really quickly. I'm not sure if that's normal but at least you're not alone!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:05 AM   #10
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

Thanks girls,
I know this is going to sound weird but I feel like my jeans are getting tight already. I didn't need maternity clothes until 5 months with my DS. I feel like I am going to gain alot of weight with this one. I haven't gained yet however things are getting tight.
Shawna

Closed Thread