It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User
What makes your stomach feel better ??

Ok, the nautiousness has set in. I am in my 6th weeks of pregnancy now. I am feeling sick morning and into the day time. ( i haven't gotten physically sick yet ) but walk around with a " car sick " kind of feeling. Girls, is there anything that works ??? Can you tell i'm feeling miserable ??? I know that it is soooooooo worth it in the end !!!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User
Re: What makes your stomach feel better ??

saltines are awesome. Even just one is like a magic pill .....for a short while anyways. And when I am feeling okay...which is rare... I find I crave fruit...firm peaches, crisp apples, and sweet oranges to be exact.

Some women find that sprite can settle their stomach. Not for me though.
I know this stinks ebing sick eh? I hope you find something.

Last edited by pradasweets1983; 08-22-2006 at 11:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

suesy HB User

although I've only had one major bout of nausea so far (now at 7 weeks), I've heard that simple grains can help - like saltine crackers (which I thought was an old wives tale, but actually has worked for several people!). Or, drinking a lot of fluids and making sure to eat every couple of hours are other solutions I've heard can help. But on the down side, my stepmother told me that when she was pg, nothing at all helped, and she had it pretty badly. So i guess it varies a lot by individual. I hope you can find something to help and that you start feeling better soon!!

edit:
ps - pradasweets & I must have posted at the exact same time! (she's one of the saltine ppl I was talking about! )

Last edited by suesy; 08-22-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

Preggie Pops, they sell them online, or at motherhood maternity stores. they are made with ginger, and ginger is suppose to help with nausea. they make them in suckers and drops (almost like a cough drop) they make them in just ginger and in different flavors (containing ginger).
they worked for me and some people even use them to fight car sickness.
good luck, hope this helps

Old 08-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

im currently 8 weeks n 3 days and i feel sooooooo sick all the time, just like the car sick you describe, the thought of food or drink just makes me feel worse and i think i have gone through just about every old wives tale to relieve m/s,
there are some special acupuncture bands that you wear on your wrist that is said to help, theyre sometimes called ''sea bands''
ginger is also said to help, try and have a ginger biscut before you get out of bed, ive bought some ginger gum (so yukky but it takes your mind off it) they kinda taste like the nicorette gum haha,
ive also bought something called queasy pops but im yet to try them to see if they work.
try not to let your stomach get empty as thats when you feel worse try to eat little and often (easier said than done sometimes )

hope this helps

Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
(female)

Just~A~ HB User

I've heard ginger is the way to go, too. I bought some ginger "chews" (that are like gummy bears), but they're a little spicy for me. I force them down when I feel pretty bad. I like pickled ginger that comes with sushi rolls, tho. I think I'd rather eat that if I had some....
I'm feeling better now at 13 wks, but this morning was rough. Just "some days."

~A~
via IUI #2 w/ injectibles

Old 08-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
(female)

Vtthomas HB User

I'm currently five and a half weeks...saltines are my best friend! I find I get really nauseous if I don't eat alittle something every hour or two.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #8
(female)

mrsb816 HB User

I had m/s for about 4 1/2 months. I found preggie pops helped a lot and anything with ginger. Sprite doesn't really help b/c it doesn't have ginger, ginger ale is good to drink though. Its best to keep a little something in your stomach at all times, eat small frequent meals. Also, many women find salty or sour things easier to eat.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
(female)

getting_tubby HB User

i'm 14 weeks now & most of the queasy spells have passed, but these are the things that helped me most.

*tart lemonade

*vernor's ginger soda (some ginger ales don't have any ginger in them, but this soda does!)

*black licorice (i hate the stuff but it worked for me!)

good luck girls! i hope this helps some of you

Old 08-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

whatishappening HB User

Thank you everyone ! I will try everything you suggested !!

Old 08-24-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
(female)

moonstarlet HB User

Ginger beer helped me a lot. You can get it at the grocery store in the Jamaican food section. It's like a really spicy ginger ale. You don't even have to drink a lot. Also, don't let your stomach get too full or too empty. Snack throughout the day...

Closed Thread