It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

Angellica HB User
SEPTEMBER MOMS-grand finale~

Here is a new thread because the old one is getting too big~

I can't believe that some of us could deliver anyday now!

I just had an my 36 week appointment, and the Dr. said
that her head is really really far down!!

Have all of you got your bags packed yet???

I have most of mine done~***

I am getting really excited.....that it is getting hard to sleep~

Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User
Re: SEPTEMBER MOMS-grand finale~

Ok my appt wasnt till tomorrow but my contractions were getting pretty bad today so I called and they wanted me to come in and get checked. Well after she checked me I lost my plug and am having some bleeding. Im still 1 cm and 70% effaced but she did say that her head is lower than it was last week and she could feel the bag of water. So even though I havent dialated or effaced any more since last week I am having some progress. I go back next Thursday unless my contractions get real bad again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User

oh my gosh it is getting sooo exciting... so tell me... does it hurt when they check your cervex??? how bad does it hurt, if it does at all??? does it feel like a pap smer

Old 08-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

I think it hurts a little. Not like a pap. Like they are trying to put their whole fist in you. It wasnt as bad today as it was last week but she dropped a little more since last week too. I have had my bag packed for 2 weeks and in the car for a week. Angellica did they tell you if you were dialated or anything yet? They wouldnt even check me at my 36 week appt.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
(female)

Amink HB User

Hi,

I was a member here over a year ago, when I had my foot surgery.

We had been ttc since 6/2000. in Janurary, I found out that we finally concieved with the help of metformin and BCPs.

I am 36w today, and so excited, but so worried. We are in the middle of some drama, we moved out of our home in the country closer to DH's parents and his work, now 16 miles from NYC, and it is very scary here!

Not to mention things aren't going well with the house, we still have not sold it, and 2 weeks ago (after we moved out) a pipe broke and flooded/destroyed several rooms in the house. So now we are just waiting on fixing the house before we can try to sell again.

I am hoping the baby stays in long enough for us to find a buyer and close on the house!

But I have started packing my bag, and we finished our Lamaze DVD, but I just don't feel ready...

Good to meet you, and hope to get to know you over the next few days and weeks

Old 08-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #6
(female)

Angellica HB User

At my last appointment, I had my group Beta Strep test done, and at that time I asked my doctor if she would check to see if I was dialated or effacing.

She said last week that my cervix was very very soft and she could feel the head right there and I was 1 cm.

This week I am 36 weeks and they did not check my cervix. My doctors normally do not check the cervix becasue they do not want to start something too soon or expose any bacteria to the baby.

They will if you ask, but they normally do not do it on a rountine basis.

They said that my baby feels small 4 1/2 - 5lbs right now, and I am measuring 33 cm at 36 weeks which is 3 weeks behind.......so, I want this baby to grow more before she has her birthday~***

I am just getting so excited~

Old 08-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #7

joeyrose HB User

Hi, everyone. I have my 36wk appointment later today. Last week I asked the doc to check me and he said I wasn't dilated at all, and the baby's head was high. Starting the next day, I have had LOTS of Braxton Hicks contractions everyday, to the point of fairly severe discomfort and distraction (though not pain). So I am going to ask them to check me again today. I am curious about what's going on down there.

My daughter (now 2) was born at 36w5d, so it could happen anytime. My labor with her started with my water bag breaking (my husband and I had gotten a bit frisky the night before, and I think that contributed). I have a feeling this one (a boy) will stay in me a bit longer, but maybe not MUCH longer.

Our house is on the market, too. I feel for you (the woman who just moved), because I understand the stress! Getting our house ready has been really hectic.

Jessie

Old 08-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #8
(female)

Mommy's Girl HB User

Just my luck, I got a yeast infection!!! The doc says it's pretty common at this stage of pregnancy. Bummer! I'm treating it with a cream but I'm getting a little bleeding and now can't tell if it's maybe a sign of impending labor or due to the yeast infection.

The first internal exam I had hurt a lot and caused some significant bleeding but the second was a lot less uncomfortable. So, either we know more what to expect or maybe it hurts less as our cervix thins out and we become more dilated.

I have had my bag packed for awhile now but my DH keeps adding and taking away from his side which is starting to freak me out!!! Am I the only one that is getting really obsessive about things and maybe a little b*$chy about the way things are set up? I am trying so hard not to be moody. I really can't tell if it's my nerves and hormones causing me to be so sensitive or if my DH really is trying to make me have a nervous breakdown

I can't believe how close we are all getting. I feel like I am ready to explode with anticipation. My baby brother finally returned from overseas last night so I feel like all systems are go. Our baby is considered full term now so all he's doing is haging out and getting BIGGER Maybe he'll come this weekend.

I hope all is well with you ladies, have a great weekend and take good care of yourselves!

Old 08-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

bridget021182 HB User

Well Im due in 9 days. I am starting to feel like she is just not going to come out. I know that she will but I guess Im just getting impatient. Im tired of being pregnant. I cant get comfortable at night to be able to sleep for a good few hours and if it isnt that I have to pee 6 times a night or I have heartburn so bad I think Im going to get sick. Ive tried castor oil and raspberry leaf tea and walking and sex and they all get my contractions going but they dont last. I have made it further than anyone in my family. My moms and sisters kids were all born at least 2 weeks before their due dates. I have told dh that she will come tomorrow night since Mars is going to be closest to the earth in 5,000 years and I want to see it so she will decide to come tomorrow night. We will see. I told him that he will have to take the videocamera out and get it on tape unless im delivering at that time and then he wont leave. We will see.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #10

a_FoRgOtTeN_sOuL HB User
My wife just lost her mucus plug while I was at work. She had her weekly visit last Monday and the doc said the baby hadn't grown in a week and something might be wrong. So my wife is freaking out on the phone telling me this and the doc's receptionist said the earliest app. was in 2 days. My wife blew up and said it had to be now and so they did an emergency u/s and found the baby was too far down the pelvis area that the doc couldn't accurately measure the baby's growth. It was a relief but the baby is ready to come out any day now. My wife is 36 weeks and dilated 3cm. The doc wants to induce on sept 7(just two days before my b-day ) if she hasn't already delivered. It was also neat to see the baby;s pic from the u/s just before it's delivery which could be tonight, tomorrow or next week BTW it's a girl

Last edited by a_FoRgOtTeN_sOuL; 08-26-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
(female)

jukaam HB User

Mommy's girl, it sounds like we have the same bodies! lol I get very cranky too easily :| I had the worst soreness down there and didn't know what the heck was going on, and have since found out it's a yeast infection too. I have never had one, so I had no idea what it's like. I find it very very sore down there and it's hard enough to sleep, let alone with crap happening down there too. I was hoping that I would go into labour soon, but now I want to clear up everything down there before there is more pain in that area!

I had my appointment on Friday and the baby's head is +2, 50% effaced but I'm still only 1cm.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

Due Date: Sept.4th

Old 08-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #12
(female)

renee05 HB User

Hi! I am 37 weeks today. My dr. checked my cervix for the first time at 36 weeks. I didn't find it painful, but definitely uncomfortable. She said I wasn't dilated at all and my cervix hadn't really started to thin out. Hopefully there will atleast be a little bit of a change this week. I can't believe how close all of us are. On one hand, I feel like it has gone fast, but these last few weeks sure are dragging by. My ankles are so swollen from being on my feet (I'm a teacher planning to work until I deliver) and I'm just so uncomfortable. I know that he hasn't dropped yet so I'm hoping that he will be doing that very soon. Keep me posted everyone, I love reading how everyone is doing. Good luck!

Old 08-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #13
(female)

Mommy's Girl HB User

Well shoot, dangit! It seems like all of the signs they give you to go by are just to make it more confusing!!!!!!

I lost my musus plug this morning and I was sooo excited! I was clucking around like a hen finishing up the nest. I called my sister in law who is my back up coach and she told me that her friend lost her mucus plug three weeks before she gave birth but then my sister in law lost hers at Wal Mart and her water had broken by the time they got home!!! aaaackkk!!

So I did the most sensible thing, I ate some oreos, had a huge glass of milk and took a long nap! When I woke up he had dropped. I can't believe I didn't think it would be that noticeable. I feel like a whole new person. I actually ate a rather nice sized meal. No luck on getting rid of the heartburn though

Well ladies, I am so excited and it sounds like we are all on the same track. I am thinking of you all and wishing you long nights of comfortable,uniterrupted sleep with no heartburn Good luck to you all and hopefully my next post will be a birth story.

DanCee

Old 08-27-2006, 03:54 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

Wow. I'm so excited for everyone and their progress. I have an appointment on Tuesday and am hoping something has started to happen with my cervix. I am starting week 36 so I'm not as far along as some of you, but I'm really anxious to hear something. I just really want to have my baby in my arms already. I'm so excited.

Mommy's Girl- It sounds like you're making a lot of progress. It must be so exciting! I'm assuming my baby didn't drop because I haven't noticed anything dramatic going on down there. Does it look and feel different?

I know how you feel about the signs and information being confusing. Everything I read says " when *this or that* happens you will most likely go into labor within 24 hours or in a few weeks". What does that mean? Which is it??

Well good luck to everyone, and hang in there! Can't wait to read some birth stories!

Old 08-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #15
(female)

Mommy's Girl HB User

Jonanner - It does feel different. It's just like they descibed it. You can breath better and there is so much more room but, there is that added pressure on the bladder to contend with. It's a tradeoff I guess.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, just thoughts of all that has to still be done racing through my brain. I am in superwoman mode!!!

I don't know if any of you own animals but it's the strangest thing with my cat. We rescued her five years ago and she is an amazingly tight part of our family. She is very aware that something is about to change and I think she knows I'm pregnant. She loves to curl up with her back against my belly and sleep until my little one gets a little too active, then she gives my belly a dirty look and moves to the other side of the bed. Anyway, I digress, sorry... Ever since I lost my mucus plug, she has been pasted to me. I am running around the house cleaning and organizing and she follows me to every room and just waits. I don't know if she is aware of changes in my body or just reacting to my frenzy. Once my husband got home from work last night, she was done with me and went off to persure her own interests. Who knows. Sorry for the epic post

I am not experiencing any cramping this morning but a little olight spotting. Goodness, I am excited! Take care ladies, you are all in my thoughts. Be good to yourselves

Closed Thread