It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User
Gained 8 lbs in < 10 weeks!!!

hello,

I am 9 weeks and 4 days pregnant and have already gained 8 lbs!!! They say epect to gain 2-4 lbs!!! I am way to over that limit.

I am trying to eat properly. Although, on weekends we go out and eat a lot! I am also constantly hungry... I am not nauseous at all... So i keep eating! And oh, I do have cravings every now and then!

Do you think it's bad to gain 8 lbs in less than 10 weeks. What if i end up gaining 10 lbs by the end of first trimester. Isn't that a LOT?

Sometimes i wish i has some nausea! Just kidding...

~LibertyGirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
(female)

mandrea HB User
Re: Gained 8 lbs in < 10 weeks!!!

I gained a good bit in my 1st trimester, then it levelled off in my 2nd and 3rd. Guidelines about weight gain are just to give you an idea about what to expect. I can't remember how much I gained those first 2-3 months, but it was more than 10 lbs., probably closer to 20, lol. Anyway, since then I've probably only gained 10-15 more, and that was between weeks 15-34, so it definitely slowed down. My dr never expressed concern about my weight either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #3
(female)

Safc-Chick HB User

I gained the majority of my weight in the first 12 weeks then it slowed down and leveled off with this pregnancy. I'm 41 wks almost and I've gained about 20lb - 24lb in total.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

Hi Mandrea and Safc-Chick.

Thanks for the responses. It has put me to ease! I think by the end of my first trimester, i would have gained 10-12 lbs!!!

Let's see how the rest of the pregnancy goes! As long as the baby is nice and healthy, who cares!?!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Good luck to Safc-Chick... The baby will be out any minute

~LibertyGirl

Old 08-24-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

Angellica HB User

I gained 8 lbs in one month with this pregnancy, and I did with my 1st pregnancy too. I think it must be how my body deals with the growth spurts of pregnancy. I gained the 8 lbs somewhere in the 18-20 something weeks.

I am 36 weeks and have only gained 22 lbs, so I think I am right on. I believe that we should listen to our bodies and eat when we are hungry and everything will be just fine. I did that with my first son, and he was 7 lbs 7 oz and 2 weeks early~

With my first son, I gained a total of 30 lbs, and was back down to pre-pregnancy weight within about 4 months with breastfeeding, eating when I was hungry, and running for 15 minutes every other day.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
(female)

mum2three HB User

Everyone is soooo differentWith my first pg gained 17lbs total. Second was around 22lbs this one, I am 26w 1d and have gained 45. My OB doesn't seem concerned but I am! This is not helping my aching back or swelling ankles. It just isn't healthy to put 45lbs on in 26 weeks IMHO. I have started walking a mile a day( the days I can) and hope this helps stave off much more weight. Good luck, it seems like just being aware early on will help you.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
(female)

getting_tubby HB User

i'm 14wks and i've gained a total of 7lbs so far, but 3 of those pounds i gained in the past 7 days! i just hope i don't continue to gain 3lbs a week from here on out. i'm not eating excessively & i've been trying my best to do 30-45 minutes of walking every other day. wish me luck!

Old 08-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
(female)

gio82 HB User

I'm 13 weeks and so far haven't gained a pound, nor lost any. But I am starting to show. I just think I lost it in other areas and regained it in my belly, lol. Which made me even out in my weight still. Everyone's different. My sister in law gained 15 pounds in her first trimester and the doctor told her that it was perfectly fine. If you have any concerns about if you think you've gained too much, or not enough, just give your doctor a buzz. Let him or her know that you're just wondering if it's okay to have gained whatever amount you did or didn't. That's what they're there for. To answer your questions.

Closed Thread