It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Braxton Hicks or baby just moving around?

hard to tell...i'm 24 weeks now and i've had some tightening but it's always where the baby is moving or kicking......how can i tell if it's just the baby or if it's really BH? always seems to be around my belly button.

doc told me on monday he thinks it's bh but i have to say i may disagree.....one night i was lying down and i had the tightening feeling and then my baby looked liek she had rolled to one side of my stomach!

anyone else have this and which is it?????

should i be concerned?

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
(female)

mrsb816 HB User
Re: Braxton Hicks or baby just moving around?

I would ask your dr for more info on bh, but I have had the same question sort of. I think though that bh would make your entire uterus hard, not just one section. My baby pushes out with her butt and back and one half of my stomach gets hard and it hurts but if I feel the other side and its not hard I assume its her, not bh. Also, now that I'm further along (31 wks) and she's bigger its easier to tell body parts and tell its her so you may find that happens with you too. Pay close attention though. Preterm labor is worth taking seriously. Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

From all that I've read, BH start at the top of your uterus (the fundus), and that's where I always feel it first. For me, it's not painful at all (yet!). It feels like a small, electrical vibration, very similar to the very first flutterings of baby. Yesterday was the first time I've felt it in my back (though it started in front and then quickly moved to the back).

Old 08-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Mrs....that's how I feel....the rest of the stomach is not hard and it's only one spot.....i think it's the baby and not BH....that's what i'm going to go with for now until i see my doc at 28 weeks.

thanks all.

Closed Thread