It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

gio82 HB User
February moms continued...

I figured to start a new thread for Feb moms. The other one had a good number of pages on it and I wanted to see how everyone is doing?

I also have a question. I'm in my 13week at the moment, and lately, I have been getting so nauseous! It didn't start until recently. I've been taking my vitamins at night incase it's them that have upset my stomach. I was just wondering if any other moms started to feel this way, too, while starting their second trimester? It's horrible. I have no real appetite anymore, and just swallowing my saliva can get me nauseous.

-Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tiff24 HB User
Re: February moms continued...

I am a February mommy too. It is completely normal to start getting morning sickness (or all day) at this stage even if you've never had it. I had pretty bad all day sickness for the first few months and I found that I felt the worst when my stomach was empty. Try not to let yourself get hungry. I'm 17 weeks 3 days, I'm not sure if I was 13 weeks but I do recall my own saliva making me feel ill. I've read that you get an excess amount when you're pregnant so it makes sense why swallowing makes you sick. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
(female)

gio82 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I tried eating when I get sick, but that hasn't helped. I am going to keep trying it jus tincase. Right now it seems I just end up putting something in me that comes back up not too long after. Although when I do puke, I know TMI, lol, I feel a bit better. I only throw up once a day or twice, nomore than that, though. I tried saltines and lemon drops. Nothing seems to help. I just hope it goes away. And soon. Thanks for the advice and best of luck to you! I'm just glad I'm not the only one who might have started getting sick in my second trimester or there abouts.
-Liz

Old 08-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
(female)

getting_tubby HB User

hiya! i'm a february mommy too! i'm currently 15 weeks.

most of the queasiness has passed now, but i still get nauseated every once in a while. i try to eat before i get too hungry because i know that makes the nausea kick in, but sometimes it's so hard to eat right when the hunger starts. i've found that vernor's ginger soda, black licorice, lemonade (that's more on the tart side) all help me.

good luck with your pregnancies. i look forward to hearing/sharing stories with you!

Old 08-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Gio,
I am 17 wks along and the first trimester was not morning sickness but all day long sickness! My diet was so bad b/c the only things I could keep down was what I craved. And what I craved was powdered doughnuts and pop tarts. I figured by the second tri. I would feel better, which I did for the first 2 wks of it. Now I am getting it back. I am eating more now, but if I don't eat every 2 hours, ON THE DOT, I get so sick I wanna die. DH finds it funny b/c I always ask him if it's been 2 hours since my last snack and I get it on the nose every time. I would try to think of something that sounds good (I know it's hard) when you are feeling this way. Anything! And try to just eat a little of it. It is different for everyone so I am sure you are going to find your own ways of dealing with it, but I wish you the best of luck with it. I know how you feel. Just keep in mind that it is temporary. And for such a wonderful cause!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 09-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

victoria48 HB User

Are any other February mommies not showing yet? I have only just started to broaden around my middle but I haven't got what you would call a bump yet. I'm still wearing my normal clothes and I'm 17 weeks. I'm quite thin too, so I thought I would have a bump really early.

I also haven't felt any movements. I know everyone is different so I'm not worrying too much. This is my first baby.

I would just like to hear that I'm not the only one!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
(female)

cowgirl18_06 HB User

hey everyone.im also a first time mom and due in february.im currently 18 1/2 weeks and im feeling some movement.not to the point where it hurts though.I will find out next week what im having!so excited.havent felt to bad.the father wont even be in the baby's life but I have a b/f who wants to be in it even though its not his.I hope everyone else is having a good pregnancy and that everything is going well!

edd february 1st/2nd

Old 09-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
(female)

getting_tubby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria48
Are any other February mommies not showing yet? I have only just started to broaden around my middle but I haven't got what you would call a bump yet. I'm still wearing my normal clothes and I'm 17 weeks. I'm quite thin too, so I thought I would have a bump really early.

I also haven't felt any movements. I know everyone is different so I'm not worrying too much. This is my first baby.

I would just like to hear that I'm not the only one!
i'm 16 weeks & not showing yet either! i stopped wearing my normal jeans & had to start wearing sweatpants really early on due to severe bloating, but i don't have the "bump" yet. i've gained between 4-7lbs but the weight seems to fluctuate a lot from day to day. i wasn't thin to start with, i was a very muscular 5'3" 122lbs. i'm not gonna complain about not being big yet, though. i had my first ultrasound 2 weeks ago & the ob says the baby is measuring normal. yay!

happy preggy-hood, girls! i hope those of you who are feeling icky will get better soon! <3

Old 09-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #9
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Victoria,
I too am due in February (1st or 2nd). And I am currently 18 1/2 weeks with no belly. I am thin as well. I started off weighing 95 or 96 lbs pre-pg but I now weigh 105. I don't see where it's at tho. People don't even believe me that I'm pg yet! I was worried at first b/c even my OB thought I was rather thin at 16 weeks. But when she did the u/s she almost fell off the chair b/c the baby was "big" already. Go figure! I get bloated sometimes and my belly looks more round but I hear ya totally! Well, I hope we get little bumps soon! Good luck to you all in your pregnancies Feb mommies! Take care!

~Jackie G.~

Old 09-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
(female)

getting_tubby HB User

where are all the feb mommies? i just had my 20wk ultrasound yesterday (i'm 19.5wks) & we're having a little boy. is everyone else doing well? i've finally got a little bump going. yay! still not feeling the baby move on a regular basis, though.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tiff24 HB User

Hubby and I are having a boy too! We found out a few weeks ago, I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow. Did they tell you approx. how much he weighed? They said our little Aden was 11oz. when we had our 20 week u/s done. Isn't it so much fun to get to see him?! We have an appointment in a week and I can't wait to see him again!!

I swear he's going to be a soccer player, he kicks a ton! I can feel him rolling around in there now. You'll be able to feel your little one everyday pretty soon, you'll be surprised at what a difference a few weeks makes.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:21 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

victoria48 HB User

Hello everyone

I'm almost 21 weeks now and I have got a little bump. I think people could guess I was pregnant if they saw me in my swimsuit but not in normal clothes.

I've also started to feel little movements. To me they feel like muscle spasms in my stomach and they mainly happen after I've eaten.

I go for my second (and probably final) scan on 3rd October. By next week I might know if baby is a boy or girl.

I will keep you updated.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #13
(female)

gio82 HB User

Phew! I thought I was the only one not yet showing. I'm eighteen weeks and some days and I was complaining to my mom that I wasn't showing just yet. I have a tiny bump you can see if I lift my shirt, but in regular clothing you can't see it at all! My mom laughed and told me to remember the conversation we had, cos in another few weeks, I'll be complaining.

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing great! I haven't felt the baby move at all yet. I get butterflies, but it doesn't feel like a baby, lol. But everytime I go for a listening of the baby's heartbeat, the doctor grins and says he/she's got a good heart.

Congrats Getting_Tubby and Tiff24 on your news!

I go for my 20week sonogram in two weeks, thanks to having to wait for an appointment because the office was redoing their computer systems. Ugh! Doctor offices can be such a pest when you want something done at the exact moment. Lol.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:45 AM   #14
(female)

gio82 HB User

Well, I just found out yesterday that I'm having a girl. I honestly thought I'd be having a boy! My DH and everyone else said it would be a girl. Do I feel wrong or what? Lol.

I was wondering how long was everyone's US for the anatomy? I was on that table for an hour! Everything is perfectly fine and she's the right size, but it took them alot of scanning to measure her. She was curled into a ball the entire time. Sometimes her hands were at the sides of her head and I told the nurses that she was getting a headache from all the noises we were making in fuss over her position. At points her legs were up over by her face and feet over her head like she was a gymnast. Did anyone else have that problem with their DS or DD?

Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing great!

-Liz

Old 10-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #15
(female)

hlowrie HB User

hey i am due feb 21st, and I'm having a little girl. No name yet. I am so excited to be here. It's been awhile since i have posted.

Closed Thread