It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
Round ligament???

I have been having such horrible pains in my groin area on both sides. (Mostly left tho) I have been to the OB about it and they can't find anything wrong. It is like a pulling pain and sometimes it hurts so bad I can't stand up straight. But the pain changes in different positions. They tell me that I am prally experiencing some round ligament pain. But does anyone have or have had this pain and it has been pretty bad? I never really hear about women that have severe ones like I sometimes get. I am built rather small. I weighed 95 or maybe 96 lbs pre-pregnancy, and I now at 19 wks I weigh 104. So, could it be that my muscles and ligaments are just growing to accomodate the little bean or what's going on?? Any advice or input would be very greatly appreciated! Thx!!!!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
(female)

mandrea HB User
Re: Round ligament???

They can be severe - mine were. When I was in my 2nd trimester, they hit me out of nowehere, and I had them pretty severe for a couple days. I couldn't walk the pain was so intense anytime I tried to get up. After that, I've had them occasionally, but the pain isn't near as bad. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I didn't have them with my first 2 children, so I was pretty surprised when I got them. Hope you feel better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

unadventurous HB User

Hi Jackie,
I've had the same problem since I was at week 18. Now I'm at 33 weeks and it's not getting better, it's just changing a little. The sad thing is that they say there's not a thing I can do about it. Part of it is the muscle stretching and part of it is the pubic bone softening up getting ready for the stretch it needs to make for the baby to be delivered.

One big problem that I had is that I was on bedrest in the hospital for about 3 weeks and I think not being able to walk around made it even worse. I find that if I walk around at least once an hour the pain is a little more bearable. It's always the worst when I'm turning over in bed or when I first get up in the morning.... and putting pants on.... owie! I suggest making sure you get up and walk for at least a few minutes every hour, that's what I've been doing, even though it hurts.

Sorry that I don't have a good answer or any solutions, but at least you know you're not alone!

Old 09-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

No, please! You both were a lot of help. It definately helps to know I am not the only one! It is just scary b/c a lot of moms that never had any of it kinda give me disconcerting looks when I look like I am in pain when I get up. But I can't help it. Some ppl even think I am overreacting for being only almost 5 months along. Tonite DH and I went to an arts festival picnic type thing, and I noticed that if I kinda stretch a little while sitting, even rocking back and forth a little to to keep movement in my stomach and back that it isn't as bad when I stand. I have terrible scoliosis too, which doesn't help. All the weight I have gained in the front I think is also pulling on my back and groin. Oh well, as long as it isn't hurting the baby, I will deal. But DH laughed at me today and said he thinks pretty soon I may need a scooter or hover round to get around! haha! Take care ladies and thx for taking time to post!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
(female)

unadventurous HB User

hey Jackie,
I didn't mention this, but I have scoliosis as well, and I'm convinced that has something to do with it!

I have a giant yoga ball that I sit on when I'm working or watching TV, that helps. But I'm just about ready for the Lark or some other scooter thing... I'll pass it on to you when I'm done!

Old 09-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

Hi,
I had really bad pain in my last pregnancy, I thought my hip bones were out of joint or something because I couldn't stand up straight or walk normally. After a couple weeks of it not letting up I decided to see a chiropractor...which I was skeptical about but desparate for help. Turns out I had a pulled groin which is VERY common in pregnancy because of the relaxed ligaments. I only had to have 2 adjustments about a week apart and I was back to new, she said it could take several adjustments depending on how tensed up the muscles and ligaments were but 2 is all I needed, and I didn't have any other problems the rest of the pregnancy. Maybe call a few chiropractors and ask if any are experienced with pregnant patients...or ask friends and family to recommend one, I was referred to my chiropractor by a friend.
Goodluck.
p.s I think alot of women have these type of issues because our whole sense of gravity and centre is off balance with the extra weight so our bodies have to compensate and sometimes our bodies just need a bit more coaxing. LOL

Last edited by kierrasmommy; 09-10-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #7
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

I actually started seeing my old chiro since this started. And she has fixed my psoas muscle, which is the muscles near the groin, everytime I go in. I seem to be pulling them out a lot. I do feel better for a few days afterwards. But since mt back is so bad to begin with, I think it won't hold an adjustment well. Unadventerous, this scoliosis stuff sucks!

~Jackie~

Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

how about just rolling me around in my bed everywhere! i've been getting these pains taht are actually interfering with my work now! i'm 27 weeks tomorrow and have had these pains where i can't stand, walk, sit or even breathe for about 2 lovely months now...i'm so jealous of the pregos out there that feel so great during their second and last trimester.....not due until december but am anxiously awaiting my epidural and my baby! don't want her here early but do want her out-think alot of it could be that she seems to press agaisnt the same spot in my lower right side. sometimes the pain will go away if i touch it (hurts at first) but i'll feel her move or kick and that's right where some of the pain stems from. it also could be constipation believe it or not. sometimes your colon can eitehr spasm or just constrict and become very much like the sharp pains your going thru. i have ibs and my ibs has acted up as well due to the increase in hormones.

let's just hope for healthy babies and healthy us....we'll feel better soon and get back to ourselves soon.

heather

Closed Thread