It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
(female)

mel-mel HB User
In what area of stomach do you first feel your baby move?

I will be 16 weeks on Thursday and I am anxiously awaiting feeling my baby move for the first time. What part of your stomach do you first feel the baby move? Also please post and describe what it felt like to you when you first felt your baby move. Thanks!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User
Re: In what area of stomach do you first feel your baby move?

Where you feel your first movements will depend on what size the baby is and what parts he/she is moving.

Many people have said it feels like flutters or bugs crawling. For me, it felt like small vibrations. Later in pregnancy, I've noticed that my Braxton Hicks contractions feel similar to those early kicks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

I never felt the butterflies...

I was about 15w or 16w and it felt like a ball rolling around in different directions, then it would be gone. about 1 week later, I started feeling little kicks by my belly button that felt like popcorn popping.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
(female)

shamrockcb HB User

it was very subtle and was extremly low in the first few weeks of movement
it felt like a little flutter here and there

Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

At approximately 17-18 wks along, it felt like little tiny flutters. When I had DH feel it, he was convinced it was gas bubbles.....but I knew otherwise. Men just don't get it! I like just turned 19 wks, and it feels like a pop or poke. The flutters I had felt were pretty low and generally either on one side or the other. The popping I feel right under belly button. If you eat something, and then lay on your back, you have a good chance of feeling or seeing the pops or flutters. I have yet to really feel anything while standing. I get freaked out tho if he doesn't move one day as much as another. Poor thing is prally so tired of being poked by daddy and I! Be aware it toally depends on the the size of baby, position, and how you are built. I am built kinda thin, so that is why they said I would prally be able to feel more things. But just be patient. Many women say their babies are active after they drink something very cold! Experiment and see what happens! Good luck to you and remember it is different for everyone!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 09-13-2006, 01:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tiff24 HB User

Keep in mind that at 16 weeks your uterus is still about an inch and a half below your belly button and is only the size of a small melon. So, you'd be feeling the movement in your abdomen not so much your stomach. I felt my baby move at 15 weeks. It was so light and quick that I didn't even notice it 'til a few seconds after. A flutter is the best way to describe those early movements. Once you feel it, you'll understand what women mean by a "flutter". I felt kicks the day before 18 weeks. Imagine what a tiny bubble would feel like popping and that's what the first kicks feel like. It's the sweetest feeling! I hope you get to enjoy those first movements very soon!

Old 09-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #7
(female)

jakelewis HB User

Mine felt like corn popping in my belly I was around 20 weeks with this one when I felt movement for me it felt pretty strong.I'm almost 27 weeks and sometimes it still feels that way and sometimes hard kicks and then my belly with move all over it's neat but kind of weird at the same time.My movements still feel low 99% of the time below the belly button or right on the far sides of it sometimes I get kicks above it or what feels like a foot or hand in me rib.With dd I never really felt movement high everyone is different you'll know the first time you feel movement it really is neat and then just wait until your trying to sleep and your like ok hunny I love you but you need to calm down

Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #8
(female)

KyMom2Be HB User

Hi!!

I felt the "flutters" at around 18-20 weeks, and then at my u/s she was jumping, and waving, but I couln't really feel it, a lot of times it would happen, but I didn't have time to concentrate on it because it would be gone too fast!! Now a couple of weeks after that around 22-now I am 29 weeks this week, she is really kickin, sometimes so hard I almost pee!! They are REALLY low, like right above my bikini line also, Sometimes at work I can see the bump jump, but before I have time to show anyone, she stops!!

Closed Thread