It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User
Vitamin C Vaginal suppository??

Has anyone ever heard of this or taken vitamins this way? I tested positive for Strep B and now my doctor wants me to take vitamin C (vaginally) to help build my immune system before labor. Is this really necessary? Does anyone know if I can accomplish the same thing through oral vitamins?

My doctor said taking vitamins orally was not an option, but she is also very old and is always giving me medication in weird forms. I am trying to get in touch with my doctor back home to ask her, but I was wondering if any of you knew anything about it. I can't find much when I do internet searches.

If this is the only way, I will do it, but if it hasn't been proven to be more affective I would rather not stick anything up there so late in my pregnancy. (38weeks) TIA!

Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User
Re: Vitamin C Vaginal suppository??

i tested positive for strep b with my first pregnancy also. i never had to take any kind of vitamin or stick anything up there. i don't know what she means by building you immune system. it is just something people have. there is no cure. during labor my i was given 3 rounds on antibotics i.v. they said they like for you to get at least 2 rounds before the birth. they didn't test me with my second pregnancy, they just said they would treat me as if i had it just to be on the safe side. i have never heard of anything like that, so i would definately talk to your other dr. and see what she thinks. i understand what you are saying about putting anything up there this late. risk or infection, etc.
i think it is best that you are getting a second opinion.
good luck and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User
Re: Vitamin C Vaginal suppository??

Thanks for your reply. I spoke to my other doctor and she told me not to use it. She said the vitamin C isn't really going to help anyway, but if I want to take some extra to take it orally. I think my doctos here might be half old-fashion and half crazy.

Closed Thread