It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User
A decrease in fetal movement??

I started feeling our baby move at about 19 wks. He has been pretty active now for the last two weeks. I just turned 21 wks today, and he has been pretty chill today. I didn't really feel anything during the day and even now while laying on the couch with my DH he wasn't moving much. He is most active ususually first in the morning and at nite when I am ready for bed. I am just worried something is wrong in there. Is it kinda common to have them move more one day and not so much or nothing the next?? I am freaked out!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 09-22-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Re: A decrease in fetal movement??

At 21 weeks it could be totally normal. I had the same thing happen and it freaked me out. Try drinking some juice and laying down on your left side. The baby hasn't really established a routine until 28 weeks. If you are worried, you could always call your Dr. and see if they will put the doppler on you for piece of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 06:53 AM   #3
(female)

moonangel007 HB User

i had that same thing happen when i was pregnant w/ my 1st and i went to work that morning all freaking out and upset and my friend made me a fruit smoothie and OH MAN...he was swimmin and doin flips in there in no time! i would try juice or something like that first and if you're still worried....definately call your dr...that's what they're there for!

Old 09-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

JellyB_3 HB User

Hey Jackie,
as you know, I"m also 21w. I definetly have days where he's not as active. Also, I feel absolutely nothing everyday between 10am and 1pm and then again between 3pm and 5pm, then sometime at night around 8. Must be his nap times

Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

In that mid-second trimester timeframe it's common for the baby not to be felt as much on some days. There's still lots of room for him to swim around and not touch the abdominal wall (which is the only time you'll feel him, unless he's kicking another internal organ).

Eat something and then see what happens. That usually jolts 'em up and starts 'em kicking. You might also try putting something cold on your belly and see if that causes a reaction (like a bag of frozen veggies).

If you don't get a reaction, contact your doctor.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

You know, this thread remains me to a story my mom told me years ago. My oldest brother rarely ever moved in my mom's belly (or should i say almost never?). My mom was 17 years old when pregnant with him. She said that when she was about eight months, she finally felt him kick, and that was cuz some kids were playing "run and hid" you know with the can, and one kid threw the can in the wrong way and hit my mom on the belly.

Now, my brother is perfectly healthy. He has three degrees: "Electrical Engineering", then he went back to school for "Law school", and just graduated last year. And I think he has another degree that I can't remember. I think a master in business.

But I do tell you my brother has a characteristic that identifies him and that is that he has slow movements. Takes his time to do everything. Most of the time when we eat together he is usually the last to finish. His slowness seems more like laziness moves. His personality is like the serious type of guy. Even when he tells jokes he says it in the serious way... we are all cracking up and his face expression has not changed. Then at the end when we all have pee our panties laughing at his occurrences, then he laughs so loud to join us. He is the sweetest brother I have.

Ok, I went off here. I am just thinking of my dear brother and how funny he never kicked in my mom's belly but yet he is OK .

Last edited by rbettis; 09-22-2006 at 01:12 PM.

Closed Thread