It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
URGENT...brown discharge 30 weeks

so scared! just went to bathroom and noticed brown discharge when i wiped and on my underwear...have a call into doc but waiting...anyone else know what this could be????

Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Re: URGENT...brown discharge 30 weeks

anybody have this? still waiting to hear from my doc....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jonanner HB User

Could it be blood mixed with discharge. Possibly old blood from sex or an internal exam? I really don't know. I'm sorry you aren't getting any answers. I know you must be scared.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

not sure...no signs of blood or pink......and sTILL waiting...just called back to make sure he has my file on his desk...he does and had to run out for a delivery...will call me as soon as he gets back...i want him to see me today.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
(female)

Zuzu's Petals HB User

Hi, I have a 4-month-old dd, and just wanted to tell you not to get too alarmed. I had the same thing happen when I was further along in my pregnancy with dd. I went in to get checked out as well, and my doctor told me that there are alot of blood vessels in that area, and it is possible to have one rupture especially during sex. I was told it wasn't anything to worry about, it sounds like old blood. Your doctor may tell you to refrain from sex. That's what mine said. I was scared as well, but the fact that it's not fresh blood is a good sign.

Zuzu

Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

thanks....that is a relief to here. i haven't had sex so this came out of the blue. it just happened today and do have an appt on friday am but want him to see me sooner. it's not coming out each time i go to the bathroom so i guess that's good and it was very light brown.

i'll let you know what dr says...thanks for comforting me.

heather

Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

xinerevelle HB User

So, what did the doctor say?? Inquiring minds want to know...

I hope all is well...

Old 10-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #8
(male)

icansee HB User

My wife is 20 weeks and has been brown spotting off and on for about the last 8 weeks. The diagnosis was a "low lying placenta" NOT placenta previa which would require bed rest. Brown discharge is old blood and I woudn't be too worried. Calling your doctor is the right move and they will probably do an internal sonogram to check you out. Keep us posted.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

well, i had to call the dr back for the third time around 4pm. they passed me right thru since he was back from the delivery. told him what was going on abd told me to head to the hospital! got up and left work crying scared to death! wondering what was wrong with me or the baby. got checked into the labor ward (first time i was ever there..at least i know where it is now). hooked me up to a fetal heart rate monitor and contraction monitor. believe it or not i was actually having contractions...only had two but didn't feel them and they said it was normal and good i wasn't feeling them. heart was good even though the monitor would show from time to time a drop from 150's to 120 -said that the cord could have been sat on or something.....hoping it's not wrapped around her neck...they insisted all looked good)

did a painful internal exam and saw that my placenta was very ripe-normal at this stage and i was experiencing some brown discharge caused by popped blood vessels on the placenta. let me go after all was checked out and saw that my cervix was still completely closed and i wasn't dilated and placenta was still in tact.

worse part was i did this on my own.....george was at work and only one there and couldn't leave...he felt horrible and i was ******....even though i knew he couldn't do anything about it.....my boss wanted to drive me to the hospital but told him i should be fine (felt uncomfortable having him go to the L&D with me!)

so, no bedrest and all seems fine. i'm glad i have my reg OB appt on friday am to reassure myself. i wish they did an ultrasound when i was at teh hospital but they didn't...guess no need. but will have one scheduled when i'm in there on friday since he mentioned that last time...he does another ultrasoud at 32 weeks.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #10
(female)

Zuzu's Petals HB User

That sounds about what my doc said to me when I had the same experience. I'm glad to hear it's not serious. Take care of yourself.

Zuzu

Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Zuzu-

How long did the spotting last?

i still have some today. nothing this am but a bit while at work.

heather

Closed Thread