It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User
Cool April Mommies Take 3

April Mommies Take 3

Hello April Mommies,
I hope you had a nice weekend. Our thread was closed, so I am reopening another one with a question.

Suesy, you said that you started to feel hiccups, how do you feel them? How can you make a difference? I am at 20 weeks and I have started to barely feel the bubbles. Specially at night when I am watching my last show to fall asleep. I read that by now she is 10 inches from head to heel and she should weight about 11 ounces now. My belly is definitely growing.

Have any of you seen any stretch marks yet? I don't know if it is too early to start seeing them.

Love_Me, as you know I am due April 27. Responding to your question, my last period was July 20, 06. My Dr did the egg transfer on August 5 and I felt implantation the very next day, August 6. There is a calculator when you search the Internet. It is pretty accurate.

Hey, I saw videos in babycenter.com from delivery (all three stages of labor), to how the epidural is injected, to how to give a bath to your new born, how C-sections are done, how/what to do when you have breastfeeding problems, baby sleep 7 tips, etc. They are very nice 5 to 10 minutes videos. I think they are good for first timers moms!

I had to Edit:
Love_Me, My data above was wrong. Looking at my notes, this is what I have:
Last Menstrual period 7/20
Egg Retrieval 8/4 (Friday)
Egg transfer 8/9 (Wednesday)

I could had swore I felt implantation on Sunday 8/13 (not sure), but I felt the pulling cramps on both of my sides all day long. From Monday 8/14 to Sat 8/19, I had menstrual cramps, but I was tested BFP on 8/18 (Friday). The menstrual cramps disappeared after that.

Last edited by rbettis; 12-04-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Re: April Mommies Take 3

I have felt fluttering~ I think! It's more like a quivering but it's so slight that I'm not sure if that's her or not!?!? I have also felt twinges at times that are sometimes sharp but are usually in the same spots. Nothing really feels like kicks yet!

Also, to answer the stretch mark question~I unfortunately have quite a few and they are NOT pretty! They started at my hips and are spreading all over my belly. I use the cream every day and I'm hoping it's at least minimizing the effects. I hope they will at least fade after birth.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User

Hey Gals!!!!

Rbetis and Krissi, thank you! It's just that with my son they confused me up, and I was still confused on pregancy stages, and implantation. I know that was all Pregnancy 101.

Anyway, I have been getting some stretch marks, as well as, an itchy stomach. I have started putting cream on it.

I have been feeling her more now. She makes constant "kicks", from time to time. And it is like she is rolling from one side of my stomach to another while I am at work. She must be sleeping now, because I don't feel her as much, now.

Has anyone come up with names, yet?

Old 12-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

Hi everyone,

My stomach is itchy all the time too!!!! I just keep putting on cocoa butter and victoria's secret body butter, it seems to be helping. I don't have any stretch marks yet...and i hope it stays that way. My sisters and mom never got any so i hope i inherit the same genes.

im feeling my little girl alot!!! no hiccups yet...or atleast i don't know what they feel like. we have thought of a few names maybe you guys can give me your input.

1. i always wanted to name my little girl after my grandma josephine, however i really don't like josephine but i love josie...so we are thinking josephina possiblyand just calling her josie????

2. i am greek and ellianna (ellieahnna) i really like so ellianna marie and maybe call her ellie

3. love the name ava but it reminds my dh of hitler's wife???? dont ask...hes a huge history buff.

that's really it...im leaning toward josie and dh is leaning toward ellianna....who knows...what do you guys think?

koukla

Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Hi guys,
mmmhhh i see, I hope once my baby has hiccups I will know the difference. It took me a while to realize that my fluttering was indeed my baby, I thought it was gasses due to my constipation.

My fluttering is felt mostly on the right side. I have read other post where the baby sits only on one side and when the belly grows bigger you will noticed the belly loopped (sp?).

I have stretch marks on my sides (hips), but you can't notice them tho. To tell you the truth, I don't know when those even appeared, one day I just saw them. I am assuming I will get stretch marks on my belly. I read if you have them on you sides (hips), you will most likely have them during pregnancy. Besides, mom has them. Every day I look for them. My belly has not itch (yet), but my breasts have lately. I'm putting like 3 kind of creams all at the same time (Soothing oil, cocoa butter concentrated cream, and another one from "MotherLove" for the itch called Pregnant Belly Salve). Don't know if it will help. I particularly don't like the smells, but I need to keep using them.

Regarding names, we are working diligent on this, but nothing clicks yet . I have always liked "Isabel", but DH does not like that name, he says it is old. So I have compromised to use it as second name. So we are trying to find something that rimes. So far no luck. We came up with "Andrea Isabel" then "Raquel Isabel", but we are not sold yet. My DH walks around with this big book with names. He is the type of guy that when he goes to the bathroom takes his newspaper, now he takes the baby name book LOL (sorry TMI).

Koukla,
You know Josie is pretty, how about Joselin? (just a thought). I like Ava a lot, I know a girl named Eva (similar), and I always liked the sound of it. But you mentioned it reminds you of someone else, however, I wouldn't consider it if what it reminds you bothers you.

Seems we all are doing well. Good to hear that.

Last edited by rbettis; 12-05-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #6
(female)

smsm HB User

Hi Ladies ,
I missed writing here , how are you all doing ?

I had my 19 weeks ultrasound yesterday , I saw the baby , sooooooooo cute , and guess what , my feeling was it is a girl , but NO , it is a BOY , I am sooooooo happy , this is my 2nd boy, the tec. told me everything looks normal and the baby weight is 9ounces , I will see my Dr after 3 weeks , this time my DH feelings was true , from day 1 he is saying a boy and I am saying a girl , anyways I am asking God to give me healthy baby and this is the most important .

Old 12-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Whoho CONGRATULATION smsm on your baby boy. Glad to hear he is fine.
Whew! Glad to hear for another boy, seems our thread is getting really close to half and half (boys and girls).

BTW, I forgot to tell the girls that I have this Asian lady that does my facials, she advised me to use "OLAY Definity with SPF 15", it contains something that helps with the dark spots (freckles as well). She says that while we are pregnant, our melanin gets really sensitive and that is the reason why we get those dark spots on our faces. I have been using this since day one. I haven't seen one spot.... YET! She says she treats a lot of pregnant women and seems to have worked.

Another thing she advised was to use "OLAY exfoliating scrub" (the one you use on your face), but to use it instead on your belly while you shower.

Just thought to hand on these two extra tips. Hey, you never know, it may help us.

Oh I forgot, Suesy, Nami is soooooo cute too. I love names that are unusual.

Last edited by rbettis; 12-05-2006 at 12:32 PM.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

I think I finally felt a kick today! It was so soft and cute!
The stretchmark thing is a problem but I think if you're prone to getting them, it'll just happen, so I'm trying not to get too discouraged since there's nothing I can do about it now! (There is laser surgery that is possible for afterward though right? )

I've picked out Ella Rose for my daughter. Ella was my mother's real first name, even though no one called her that and Rose is his grandmother's name. My mother who was very sick at the time of my 3rd IVF was thrilled when we told her the names we were thinking about. She laid her hand on mine one day in the hospital and said that "Ella Rose will come." When I asked her how she knew I was going to have a girl, she said she just knew. About 2 weeks later, she passed. And a month later, we found out we were pregnant! So, I had a feeling it was a girl this whole time because of that. I love sharing that story because it's so close to my heart.
BTW, I love the names Ellianna, Mia, Ethan, and Isabela. Good luck to all of you deciding. Whatever you decide, it will be beautiful!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #9
(female)

oohjo56 HB User

I've come up with Dallas Matthew for my baby. The father and I are no longer together and he hates the name but I'm the one that gets to sign the birth certificate and now he's going to fight me for 50/50 custody. I'm not sure what laws are, but I would hope a judge wouldn't give that kind of arrangment with a newborn.

Jo
EDD 04/01/07 #3

Old 12-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User

Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! I can't seem to come up with any names. I liked Skylar for our little girl. Dh loved the name, than said he couln't stand it because it sounded like a tool. Then I went to Amber, Kenzie, and Heather. But, nothing sticks yet.

Koukla, I really like Ava. I wanted to name my girl that, but my sister in law named her daughter Avalaa.

Rbettis, I also like Isabella. I think it is very royal.

Suesy, I like all of them. Do you think Dh is trying to send you off a bit. Maybe he doesn't like any boy names because,... who knows?

smsm, Congrats on the little boyyyyyy! Yeah it seems we are starting to break even.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User

Km7503, I like Ella Rose, it sounds like a very peaceful, pretty girl's name.

Oojo, Dallas Matthew is also very creative. He sounds like is going to be an actor. And as for the baby's father, hang in there. For some reason, some men act like something else, while a woman in pregnant. Everything will fall in line, when this little one arrives.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User

Smsm, when did you ovulte? Out of curiousity.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Love_Me, I thought the same thing than you when I read Suesy's post: "that maybe Suesy's DH wasn't too worry about boys names... mmmhhh maybe cuz........ mmmmhhhh??? or Maybe he is doing it to throw her off? "smart guy!!!" Oh goodness Suesy, you are killing us here!!!! We want to know!! Ok, I will be looking forward your birth story. Oh btw, Amber is a good one. But I know what you mean when you say nothing clicks . bbrrggg.

Krissi, your story really touched my heart. Your mother will be in you forever. That was nice of you to name your daughter after her. I bet you miss her a lot huh??! "Ella Rose" is a very pretty name.

oohjo56, I think when they are little they have to stay with the mother. It will be hard for him to take the baby being so small. I have a friend in the same situation. Also it depends on your lawyer.

Today I'm so constipated that I have a lot of pain, specially when I'm sitting down. I had to put an anti-inflammatory suppository this morning to alleviate the pain (prescribed by my Dr). I think I have been pop-ping Colace like popcorn! Nothing helps with this. I am going to the store to buy prune (sp?) juice.. I hope that helps .

Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 PM   #14
(female)

oohjo56 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesy
you guys are so funny!!! Actually, DH and I had been talking about names well before he found out the sexes. And it's always been the same thing. It's not that he's not concerned about boy names - he just thinks they're all "too gay", whatever that means (yes, this is a man that I, a left-wing liberal feminist, voluntarily married...).

oohjo - one thing I've learned from experiences with both my sister-in-law and step-sister is that you should make sure that you give your baby your last name... and it's even better (easier in the long run for you) if you don't have the father's last name in there anywhere - if that's something you're willing to do. And that's not just the feminist in me talking (I took DH's name, after all)... he'll have more of a legal claim on the child if his last name is attached. Don't ask why - it's just something I've learned through my sisters' ordeals. But I agree with rbettis - I don't think they do shared custody with newborns.

I am giving the baby my last name.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #15
(female)

smsm HB User

Hi Ladies , hoping all of you are doing good
Suesy : I really like Nami , very nice name ., the 19 week ultrasound is really great , I love seeing my baby moving , putting his thumb in his mouth , really cute
Lovie Me : I am not sure when was my ovulation but I think Aug 1st , or 2nd .

Closed Thread