It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
(female)

pregogirl HB User
Angry Is diarrhea (sorry!) common during early pregnancy or am I eating the wrong foods?

My stomach is making so much noise I feel people can hear it from the outside! I'm running to the bathroom like every 2 days with loose BMs. Is this common during the beginning of a pregnancy or is it the foods I am eating (I don't eat anything spicy or unusual-just meat, pizza, pasta, veggies, etc)?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
(female)

lrguyer HB User
Re: Is diarrhea (sorry!) common during early pregnancy or am I eating the wrong foods?

A lot of people have trouble with constipation during pg, but there are just as many who suffer from diarrhea. I did this same running thing with my first. I never really found anything foodwise to make a difference. Usually drs say that immodium is okay to take while pg so you might ask your dr and try that. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
(female)

getting_tubby HB User
Re: Is diarrhea (sorry!) common during early pregnancy or am I eating the wrong foods

i'm one of those who has the loose stool issues. it was freaking me out at first because i'd have yucky bm for a week at a time, then it would calm down for a couple/few weeks, then it would get bad again. i didn't find that my diet varied when i had these issues. all the books/websites i read say that constipation is a common complaint, but my doctor says the pregnancy hormones can cause diarrhea also. someone else on this board told me it's probably some bad food i'd been eating, but being as careful as i am about what i eat, i don't think it's possible that i could be exposing myself to "bad" food that often. i'm 29wks now & it hasn't let up yet! i figure i'm better off with this problem rather than being stopped up. sorry for the long post!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:57 AM   #4
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User
Re: Is diarrhea (sorry!) common during early pregnancy or am I eating the wrong foods?

Hey, I am in the same boat too....loose BM all the time...I can't remember once where it was completely solid!! I am soooo glad that I am not the only one. I was going to ask but then I didn't coz I have been posting way too much LOL....so I am glad you asked it pregogirl!!
Here's hoping it all disapears soon. But I agree with getting_tubby and I would rather this than constipation!! Never had to deal with it in my life and hadn't been looking forward to it now!!! Are any of you ladies taking prenatal vitamins? I am and thought for sure my BM would be much more solid....alas no!! LOL
Well, off to work I go...thank god it's only a half day today...christmas lunch!!
Ciao for now!

Flutter

Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
(female)

getting_tubby HB User
Re: Is diarrhea (sorry!) common during early pregnancy or am I eating the wrong foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterby2574
Are any of you ladies taking prenatal vitamins? I am and thought for sure my BM would be much more solid....alas no!!
Flutter
i've been taking prenatal vitamins since just before i got my bfp. the iron in it hasn't done a damn thing for "firming" things up. if you start taking an additional iron supplement along with the prenatal you might get stopped up? i'm trying my very best to load up on iron-rich foods so that i won't have to be put on iron. yuck. my doc told me yesterday to always eat (even if it's only one slice) some orange (some other things that increase absorption of iron are: orange juice, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapefruit, broccoli, brussels sprouts, tomato, tomato juice, potato, green & red peppers) with my meat/fish/poultry.

crossing my fingers for no anemia!!

Old 12-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

I dont know how common it is but I had it very bad. I started eating rice atleast once a day. Like th elipton rice that is flavored, chicken rice, brocolli & cheese etc. Then when rice didnt taste good I started having oatmeal atleast once a day. My Dr. said no immodium but kaopectate was okay. I also bought some preparation H with aloe cause my bum was sore from the diahrrea. The rice pretty much did it for me. & it did not constipate me at all. & So far now I have not been constipated once.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
(female)

ChristineLynnS HB User

My bm are loose too, but do not come often enough. It feels like I am constipated, but then when it finally happens, its loose and burning! My dr. said that I might be producing alot of bile, and its secreted into my intestines and making the bm loose. ( I vomit bile every night). Anyway, Im only able to go about once a week.... And Im eating anything that will stay down, usually oatmeal, grilled cheese sandwiches, and ocassionally a hamburger. Oh, and I do well on mashed potatoes and applesauce. lol

Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #8
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Christine, are you eating any veggies? Right now the only vegtable I can stomach is frozen peas. But salads & brocolli were good up until last week. Also cereal is good for making you go more often too. The fiber is what does it. I used to only go once a week but since I have been adding the fiber I have been going a lot more often.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
(female)

ChristineLynnS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrniidgrl
Christine, are you eating any veggies? Right now the only vegtable I can stomach is frozen peas. But salads & brocolli were good up until last week. Also cereal is good for making you go more often too. The fiber is what does it. I used to only go once a week but since I have been adding the fiber I have been going a lot more often.
The only veggies Ive been able to eat is Corn. And I dont think there is much nutritional value in that! as far as cereal, I can not tolerate milk. the INSTANT milk hits my stomache, boom, I vomit curdled milk. The Dr says that is also do to the increased bile & acids in my tummy. Right now, survival is key as I have severe morning sickness and dont want to end up in the hospital. Though if you guys dont hear from me after wednesday (My apt) that might just be where I am as soon as the Dr. realizes my weight loss, etc. But I hope not!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:26 AM   #10
(female)

flutterby2574 HB User

Hi ladies!!
I am thankfully not suffering like you guys. I have a bout of nausea every now and then but then I think it away (don't ask, I don't know how I do it). Anyways, I do know what your going through tho as my best friend is also pg and she had m/s so bad the doctor put her on these anti-nausea pills but for women who are pg. She said it helped...now she says it's managable and she takes one in the morning, waits about an hour and a half and then eats something light. I feel for you guys as it is never fun! Maybe you could ask your doc about those pills?
Good luck Christine on your appt. tomorrow and hope it gets better. My best friend is going on 3 and a half months and I think it is finally starting to subside. How far along are you? Oh and she was chewing on crushed ice and it seemed to help??!!!
Good luck and take care.

Flutter

Closed Thread