It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
(female)

kekette12 HB User
HELP! Brownish discharge at 12 weeks

Hey everyone--
I am in need of some advice here. I will be 12 weeks on Friday and have been experiencing some pretty weird looking brownish discharge the last week or so. The last two months around my period time I did have some bleeding (dark red...so old blood) and have had way more than usual discharge throughout this whole thing so far. I haven't been to a doctor yet, primarily because I am stuck in a very small town and can't go to the clinic here without everyone and their dog knowing my situation and I'm not telling anyone yet. I have an appointment in two weeks in the bigger town up the road, but am so stressed and worried. Of course I've been looking up "brown discharge" on the net and see things that say it's normal, it's' not normal, it's OK, it's this, it's that, etc.... I can say that it seems to "start" after sex and then usually calms down about 3 days later...could this be an injury to the cervix? Another thing, I'm 35 so I'm considered "high risk" I guess...maybe it's just my body being "older"?? Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this same thing and what happened....
thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Re: HELP! Brownish discharge at 12 weeks

I am 6 weeks, and have been having similar to what you are having. At 4 weeks, I had the red blood for about 8 hours, went away...had blood tests, etc. and all is fine. I still have some brown stuff on and off. The OB told me that it was normal and would probably last all my first trimester. He said it was "old" blood and not to worry. The only time you really need to worry is if it goes to bright red blood with cramping. I understand you fear, so when you go to your doc, ask for a u/s and you should be able to see the heartbeat and know that everything is fine. I have had sex for the first time since our scare and had some light spotting. My mom also had that on and off for her 3rd baby (my sister) and she was 30 and fine. I am sure you are fine. Maybe you could call your OB and see if they could move the appt up? Tell them your worries, and sometimes the doc/nurse can call you by phone and ease your mind. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

heathermoe HB User

I don't want to freak you out, but I would FOR sure make an appt ASAP. I'm 30 and I'm 12 weeks and have already had 3 blood tests and 3 ultrasounds. At a certain age, this should just be done. Good Luck to you.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
(female)

hlowrie HB User

I wouldn't worry too much. As long as the blood is not Bright red, dark, and lots of it, accompanied with cramping. You should be ok. I do believe that it is quite normal to have some brownish discharge, even small amounts of bleeding at times. You really do need to see a Dr. and get started on your prenantal visits. If sex is what is causing the discharge I would stop having it at least until you find out that everything is ok. You should be ok, but if you have any heavy bright red bleeding, and any cramping, I would go to the emergency room ASAP. Good luck.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
(female)

Mvhrt HB User

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and up until about 15 weeks i would also occasionally have the strange brown stuff... i do believe as others have said as long as it's not bright red it's ok. It could be your uterus empting out old stuff that your body doesn't want in there for the pregnancy, if you have had sex recently it could be from your cervix since it's ultrasensitive right now. I wouldn't worry to much... i know it's hard to not to but i don't think it's to abnormal =)

Closed Thread