It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

tmb2006 HB User
Breech Baby at 32 weeks, any suggestions?!

Hi everyone:
I'm 32 weeks, however the baby is always measuring big... him and his big head. anyhow, around 30 weeks he turned breech, after the entire preganncy being head down, the kids turns breech! Anyhow, the rib cage pain is unreal. It's been 2 weeks of this, and I'm dam near insanity. Non stop head in the same place. I've tried everything, all the positions and I'm just worried he's not going to turn, I have the worst feeling about it. Like, he's not going to turn and I'm going to have to have that procedure done...
anyone had this situation, what did you do? Did anyone use any other methodsd to get him to turn, what are they and did they work??! I need help, this rib cage pain and chest pain is getting baaaaddddd.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Breech Baby at 32 weeks, any suggestions?!

Some women opt to let the doctors turn the baby, however this can be painful, and it doesn't mean that the baby will stay in the right place. BUT, my friend had her baby in the breech position till week 39, she was scheduled for a c-section, and right before they were bringing her in to prepare for surgery, they did another u/s, and the baby moved! She had a great regular vaginal birth, so there is hope he will move again! I'm sorry about the pain though, what did the doctors offer to do?

Last edited by dizzygirl; 12-30-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

soon2bmommy HB User

My son was breech until about a week before I delivered him. They kept saying he was a HUGE baby too. My dr doesn't do or recomend the procedure where they turn the baby, but that's just my dr. There is no guarantee they will stay in the position, I remember looking up statistics on the baby staying head down and they weren't too high I think.. Anyways, my little guy was head down the entire pregnancy like your little one. Then he flipped. I couldn't beleive it! I felt him flip back to head down. It was the weirdest (and not that pleasant) feeling!!!!

Old 12-31-2006, 08:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

scaredycat23 HB User

my cousins gf had this problem as well, about 33 weeks it turned breech, so they tryed to move it and it didnt work, they schedualed a c section and the night befor she was to go in for it she went into labor, when she got to the hospital they did a u/s and the baby was back head down, she had a healthy 8lb baby, do what your doc wants, just to be safe, but dont panic to much, you still have 8 weeks to go befor you gotta worry about it

Old 12-31-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
(female)

gio82 HB User

This happened to my sister-in-law and she actually used acupuncture(sp?) to turn her son around. It must have worked, because he turned the right way and she delivered naturally. My baby is also breech, but in the Frank breech position. Her legs are up by her face and she's bottom down. Same way she's been since the start. It's nerve wracking. I'm gonna just let nature take its path. If she's still breech when I need to deliver, then I'll let my doctor handle it. I have faith in her. Afterall, she's done it a gazillion times and this'll be my first birth, lol. Try not to worry over it. It won't do you any good or your little bean.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:26 PM   #6
(female)

Beyondthesky37 HB User

Chiropractors have a certain technique that can help the baby turn. THey don't touch the baby in anyway. They just adjust you a certain way. There is no risk to the baby with this method. Having the doctor turn the baby manually is a lot more risk and can send the baby into fetal distress. You still have plenty of time for the baby to turn. When I was pregnant with my two boys my doctors wouldn't even worry about it until You were at least 36 weeks but even then some babies turn right before delivery.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
(female)

alpdance HB User

tmb2006--
I think you probably may have already delivered by now, but I thought I'd share my experience with you. My daughter was breech and I tried all the positions and tricks and the chiropractic treatments to get her to turn but nothing worked. I see midwives in a birthing center and they advised me to get the external cephalic version. I was very nervous about it but was looking to avoid a c-section. The midwives agreed that it was worth a try to avoid having to do a c-section. I went into the hospital and was given an IV with fluids and a drug to relax the muscles of the uterus. Conversely, the drug also makes you feel hyper like you've had way too much caffeine. The waiting was the hardest part for me. When the doctor came in to do the prodecure, yes, it hurt, but it worked on the first try and it was quick. (I was told they would make 3 attempts.) For the remainder of my pregnancy (about 2 weeks) I felt like my entire abdomen was bruised, which was less than comfortable but she stayed head down and I was able to have the natural delivery I planned at the birthing center.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #8
(female)

tmb2006 HB User

My baby turned on his own the following week, been good for a couple of weeks now, thank yoU!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
(female)

levi'smum HB User

most babies dont turn til laround 36 weeks so still have hope and some do it just before they arrive i dont thinkits any thing to worry about untill its time to give birth and he hasnt turned. i have read that sitting forward when you are sitting and not sitting leaning back coaches the baby to turn and ingadge so maybe try that.

Closed Thread