It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User
brown discharge ?

hey everyone,
this morning i woke up and had lots of brown discharge. my lower tummy feels dull and achy. no cramps, though. i am 7 weeks tomorrow and i am really scared by this brown discharge.

when i miscarried in oct. it started out with brown discharge as well.

my doctor's office is closed and i 'm not sure what to do ?

really scared....
m

Old 01-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
Re: brown discharge ?

Hi Meluca,
I would take myself to the emergency room, you can call your Dr's office & speak to the Dr on call, there has to be somebody available to call back, but regardless I would go the the ER & have them do an U/S. If you are 7 weeks they will be able to see the baby on U/S by now.
I too had brown spotting, it started when I was 5wks-5days, my Dr had me come in immediately, did an U/S, but it was too early, he didn't see my baby yet, however I went back a few days later at 6wks-2days, and the brown discharge had just gone away that day, and we saw the baby & HB. The brown discharge returned a week later for a day, and all was ok. This can be very normal, but I would get it checked out right away.
Please let us know how you are doing... wishing you & your baby all the best!!
-Sweet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User

thank you so much for posting . i called the oncall doctor and they told me to elevate my feet and drink lots of fluids. so i have been doing that. they said if i get bad cramping, lots of brown discharge or bright red blood then i need to go to the ER.

so i am here with my feet up thinking good thoughts.

thank you so much for posting. it really really helps to hear other people's stories.

thank you,
m

Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
(female)

justpeach HB User

Hi Meluca. Glad you got in touch with the oncall doc. When will your doc office reopen? I agree with the oncall doc-just kick back, put your feet up & take it easy til you can get in to see your doc. Let us know how things go, I will keep you in my prayers hon.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
(female)

RedOnion HB User

meluca,
try and hang in there. i know it must be frustrating to not be able to just go into the dr. office for an u/s. If they were open, they'd probably let you come in just for peace of mind.

It's so hard, especially after experiencing a m/c- there's almost nothing anyone can say to make you feel like things are okay. I've had 2 and with this pregnancy, i had some bleeding at about 5-6 weeks off and on. it was pink and then bright red. everything I read sounded like the bright red was a big concern and brown wasn't anything to be concerned about. If it helps, take comfort in the fact that SO many of us, especially in the Aug. Mommies thread, have had some bleeding- brown, rust, pink and/or red. It just shows you how common spotting really is. i said this before, i wish when you go in for your first appointment, that they would give you some kind of literature about spotting, since it's so common- you know, something that says what is cause for concern, what you should do, etc. i hate using the internet as a resource for this pregnancy stuff because you find such varied answers.

Just wanted to say take care and my thoughts are with you. i know it's hard, but try to just take it easy and think positive thoughts.

Closed Thread