It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User
Question about getting hit in the stomach at almost 7 weeks...

Just have a question for you ladies.....

I was laying down with my 3 year old son today, reading to him and he accidently fell on my stomach while I was lying down flat. It wasn't directly on my uterus - it was up a little higher to the left of it........

It wasn't a horrific blow - I was just caught off guard by his fall - he was sitting up and lost his balance and fell directly on top of me.

I have a lot of padding in my stomach - I'm currently 225 lbs.......I think that actually could help me.

I had very little pain afterwards.....it just kinda felt like I got punched in the stomach......and it just lasted for about 10 minutes.......and I laid down for an hour afterwards.......and woke up fine..

my question is : Could the baby have gotten hurt? I know I'm just 7 weeks along........ and the baby is very small and deep in my pelvis.......but I'm a worry wart and I am just fixated on this.....and am worrying like crazy -

Can someone help me out here???

Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

getting_tubby HB User
Re: Question about getting hit in the stomach at almost 7 weeks...

someone else posted about a similar incident several months ago...i think they were a little further along than you, but they asked their doc about it & the doc said they would be fine. tiny baby + lots of fluid/tissue protecting them. call the doctor just to see if they're concerned at all? sorry i don't have any more info, but i just thought i'd post this to help put your mind at ease at least a little bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

I would think that since the baby is still under your pelvic bone that would protect him. Just a guess though.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

shekarblan HB User

Im 16wks And My 8yrs Old Son Naps With Me All The Time And Kicks And Knees Me In My Belly While Hes Sleeping. I Dont Think U Should Be Worried.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
(female)

hlowrie HB User

Honestly, the baby is well protected in the uterus. I think it would take alot for the baby to actually be injured. There are women that I have heard of that fall on thier abdomens when they were much further along and the baby was fine. So, just watch yourself, if you have any bleeding or cramping I would contact the doctor, and definintely mention it to him at your next visit. But I would not get too worked up over it. HTH.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
(female)

Starbuk498 HB User

thank you ladies so much for taking the time out and making me feel better.........

Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

scaredycat23 HB User
Talking Re: Question about getting hit in the stomach at almost 7 weeks...

well, i can tell you im 15 weeks with a autistic+adhd 4 1/2 year old, he likes to jump on me when i dont expect it and when i have to hug hold him to calm him down i get a good hit or too, he has gotten alittle better, but i got a gut shot from him about 4 days ago,lol. i was so worryed, i went to the hospital, im 190lbs right now, and the baby was fine, he got a high shot, im sure you will be okay, but just remind him he has a baby sisy or brother in there, and hes gotta be carfull. hope this puts you at ease

Old 01-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Well, I think you are okay. I had IVF and about 2 weeks after the process, I felt down the stairs. Then about at 7w, I got up in the middle of the the night to go pee and I didn't see a table. I was trying to wake up as I was walking to the bathroom. I hit the table really hard hitting my lower abb.

I am 25 w now and she is okay.

Closed Thread