It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User
Signs labor is near?

I was just wondering if there are any signs to tell you if you will go into labor soon. I'm dialated to 2 and based on that and the position of the baby my doctor seems to think I will go into labor *very soon* (by Wednesday, matter of fact). Are there little signs to tell you days in advance, or does it just sorta hit you with painful contractions?

Old 01-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
(female)

lekstroh HB User
Re: Signs labor is near?

Are you close to term?? I ask this because I don't believe that a doctor can tell you when you are going to go into labour.

When I was pg with my 2nd, I was 100% enfaced and 2 cm dialated, and she was at +1 station. The doctor told me it would be really soon, and day now. Almost every night I went into false labour, I would have strong contractions which got to 5min apart. I went 3 days past my due date. At every doctors appt she would be shocked that I was still pg. The day I went into labour I had NO contractions just a HUGE cleaning urge, then my water broke.

With this pregnancy I am 36 weeks and she has been telling me again that it will be soon, I don't know what the believe.

Unless you are close to term, like 39 or 40 weeks they don't "know" I just don't want you to get your hopes up. I cried every night that I didn't do into labour, my doctor had my hopes up so high that it would be over soon, and when it wasn't I got very upset.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

I'm 38 weeks.

This probably sounds stupid, but when I told my family and his they were so excited, now I feel like if I don't have the baby this week I'm letting everyone down.

Last edited by ament; 01-15-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Ya, I would tell people that it would be soon, and I felt so stupid when it didn't happen. Or what I found the WORST is those phone calls, "Did you have the baby yet" Oh I wanted to scream! Anytime I went out I would have 2-3 messages of people saying "oh you are probably in the hospitial having the baby" I would have to phone people back to tell them no not yet. That went on for 4 WEEKS!! So I hear ya about that disapointment. Luckly you are 38 weeks, and even if you go to term, its only 14 days.

Good luck

Old 01-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

Oh, I feel your pain, I was so desperate to deliver at 36 wks, it was mid of summer and I was so huge and so hot. Unfortunately I didn't have any signs. I went to the hospital at 38 wks, they wanted to monitor my blood pressure b/c it started getting high, and the next day after I woke up from my nap, my water broke and four hours later I went from 1cm to 10cm, and this is after my doctor told me that my baby has not dropped yet, and I was no near labour yet.

So, sorry they really don't know, but you don't have much longer to go. Now I'm prggo w/ my second baby, and I worry that I'll deliver in the car on the way to the hospital.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

The day before, I had some period like cramping, and my back hurt a little. The night before, I got super nauseous, and skipped the last lamaze class! The next morning, I had diarrhea like 5 times, and then I started contracting. That was it, just the day before!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #7
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedy View Post
Now I'm prggo w/ my second baby, and I worry that I'll deliver in the car on the way to the hospital.
I know that feeling, With my first, my labour was 3 hrs from first contraction to when he was born. And with my second my labour was 1.5 hrs, from first contraction to when she was born. I am now 36 weeks and I am scared that I may not make it, or my husband, or the doctor.

My doctor was even sugesting breaking my water at 38 weeks, to ensure that we will all be there at the hospitial.

Closed Thread