It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User
early braxton hicks

I have been having braxton hicks contractions at 17 weeks. Has anyone else had this? This is my 2nd and I am going in to see my doc on Wed. just wondering if anyone else has had them this early?

Old 01-22-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

archelle HB User
Re: early braxton hicks

Hello Rouge,
Please tell me how B.Hicks should feel? I was reading another post about baby movements and how it should feel, but I feel as though mine is more like B. Hicks contractions. They say it stars as early as 4 weeks of pregnancy. I am 19 weeks today and I am really trying to determine if this is the baby kicking or b. hicks. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
(female)

getting_tubby HB User

i think i started having bh at 16 weeks. my tummy would all of a sudden get really hard & turn into a strange looking ball. i can only assume those were braxton hicks. i didn't have them frequently until about 28wks, though.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge View Post
I have been having braxton hicks contractions at 17 weeks. Has anyone else had this? This is my 2nd and I am going in to see my doc on Wed. just wondering if anyone else has had them this early?
With every pregnancy, you will get more B. Hicks and they will be stronger. I am 37 weeks pg with my third, and with every pg, they started earlier and got stronger. I was having them at 14 weeks. I am very slender so I can feel them easily. Are you slender? That may be why you can feel them early also.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

Yeah I am am really slender so maybe that's why. When I called my OB they said that it is not normal to have them this early and I should come in. I hate having to go all the way there for nothing.

How do they feel--- My uterus gets really really hard and kind of balls up. It lasts for about a minute.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
(female)

lekstroh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge View Post
How do they feel--- My uterus gets really really hard and kind of balls up. It lasts for about a minute.
Yes, that sounds about right. Do you get a back ache or menstral cramps with them??

Old 01-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

No backache or menstrual cramps - just the hard uterus.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

As one who had a 26 week preemie, don't assume they're HB and wait to tell your doctor at your next appointment. I thought my uterus hardening into a ball without much discomfort was nothing unusual - and was I ever wrong!

Call your doctor without delay and tell exactly what you feel and what your tummy looks like. Let your doctor be the judge of whether all is normal or not. Better safe than sorry!

Wishing you well - Barbara

Closed Thread