It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

archelle HB User
Question Pelvice Pressure and Frequent Urination

I need answer to my question about pelvic pressure. I have been feeling this pressure right below my belly button for two nights now and the other one is this weird gassy bubbles (but not GAS PROBLEM) and it's pressing on my bladder a lot? Do anyone of you felt this during your 20 weeks? I am so mad at the substitute doctor today when I saw him, he was useless!! He prescribed me anti-biotics and I refused to take it until I get my urine results, he is saying I have UTI but that's impossible bec. I don't have the common symptoms except for peeing constantly as soon as drinking water! After I pee'd everything and washed my hands I feel the urge of going again. Meanwhile I thought I just emptied my bladder! I don't have burning sensation and pain during urination NONE OF THAT! I KNOW I DON'T HAVE UTI. I just know. When they do the urine test it always has a slight trace of blood and ketones? But nothing to be alarmed by my primary OB.

So is the feeling bec. of the baby moving? Is that the feeling of it??

I wasted time at the doctors office, I'm just afraid that I was feeling pelvic pressure w/c I shouldn't feel yet until the last weeks or pregnancy. Plus, I don't want to take the meds Macrobid, unless it's really needed. So give me advice here.

Pleasey please any advice would be helpful especially from those who experienced this before.
Thanks much.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
(female)

oohjo56 HB User
Re: Pelvice Pressure and Frequent Urination

Actually with my first pregnancy, I have a severe UTI and didn't even know it. Only symptoms I had was pee'ing every few minutes. It can happen....

Jo
EDD 04/01/07 #3 w/ Complete Placenta Previa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

I'm sorry to tell you but for a while I suffered from a lot of UTI's. I would be in severe pain, but my doc would say that tests showed that it was very mild. Than when I was preggo w/ my first son, tests showed that I had UTI and i didn't feel a thing. I was shocked, and thought the doc was crazy. So it's definitly possible.

But like you I would wait for the urine result. If it shows that you have infection, you will have to take the meds.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Actually pregnancy messes with things and you might not have the "common" signs of a UTI..I had one with my first and I never knew a thing about it. You can try to drink cranberry juice it can help trust me, I lived off of it at the end of my pregnancy just to prevent from getting another. And I'm going to start doing the same again with my 2nd baby. Dr's aren't always wrong, just because you dont agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong. They are dr's and when it comes to pregnancy it's something to trust. I had not believed my dr with my first when he said I had pre eclampsia and everything but he turned out to be right, it's better to take the chances and listen than to not and it get worse.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mjbrandon HB User

I am not sure if it is the same with you, but probably around 24 weeks I started having some real pressure in my lower abdomen. I still feel it on and off. It just feels like the baby is sitting low or something. I asked the doctor about it and he says it is just ligaments stretching.

As far as the frequent urination, I was told that was common in pregnancy. I definitely felt like my urination became more frequent around week 24.

I can't say that your case is the same, but in my case, no UTI, just normal pregnancy stuff.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

Frequent urges to urinate right after emptying your bladder IS A SIGN OF A UTI!!! I have had many UTI's and have had all the symptoms however in my first trimester I had a UTI and had no other symptom but frequent urination. i thought it was b/c I was pregnant that I was going pee all the time, however i was way too early to be experiencing that frequency. I don't blame you for waiting until the urine results however sounds like you have one.

Good luck

Koukla

Old 01-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #7
(female)

archelle HB User
Cool Re: Pelvice Pressure and Frequent Urination

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who responded and I will definitely take everyone's advice into consideration. It makes me feel at ease hearing it from people who actually experience the same thing. I'm going to try the CRANBERRY thing bec. for some reason today I am fine the pressure went away but the constant peeing is still there . Also, little did I know that was the baby moving NOW I know how that butterfly thing or bubbles feel like! It was ***arre yet exciting! Once I get the urine test result and it's positive, I will take MACROBID meds he prescribed me. Besides 3 more days and I get to see my OB Doctor for the level 2 U/S. Can't wait. Thanks again...

Closed Thread