It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User
Feeling the baby

Hi all,

When you first start to feel the baby, do you feel it frequently? I thought I felt the baby 3 days ago...but just twice...then nothing again until yesterday when I felt something one time. I'm guessing that I'm wrong and it wasn't really the baby just a weird something in my body. I'm just getting overly excited about a lot of this stuff all of a sudden!

When you first started to feel your baby how often did you feel it the first couple weeks?

Just curious,
Sarah

Old 01-30-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
Re: Feeling the baby

Hi. I know for me, it was not constant at all. It is just starting to become more and more frequent in the last two weeks, but I've been feeling the baby since about 14 weeks (I am almost 18 weeks now) At first I was the same as you, thought maybe it was but then just figured it was something weird going on with my body and not the baby at all. The more it happened the more I knew. So I think that sounds pretty normal. I think it just gets stronger and more noticeable with the passing weeks. Of course I don't have much to compare it to since this is my first but I hope it helps!

Last edited by Delia79; 01-30-2007 at 04:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 07:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

I know that people start feeling the baby between like 14-22 weeks. I am 18weeks and I haven't felt anything yet...at least I don't think I have. The only time I think I may have but I am not sure is I woke up one morning last week feeling A LOT of pressure down in my pelvic region. So while in the shower I turned the nossel to the massager and was putting the warm water pressure on my tummy to help ease the discomfort. Then all of a sudden I felt this tickle or something I can't really discribe. It actually gave me the shivers. So I don't know if this was baby or not. But everytime I shower I give it another try and unfortunately...nothing!
The other thing is when I lie on my back(head elevated) I get this weird bubble like feeling. Like BIG gas bubble has moved up a little when I got on my back. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Do you think it is ok that I haven't really felt anything yet? I am a little concerned now.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
(female)

Candy_Girl HB User

I'm at 14w4d and haven't really felt anything either. This is my second so I was hoping to feel things earlier but no luck. A few bubbles but I'm pretty sure it's just gas. With DD, I didn't know for sure what I was feeling until about 19 weeks. And it starts slowly and gets more and more obvious until there's no doubt that it's the munchkin. I can't wait for that! It's one of the best feelings and greatest gifts of motherhood.

Of course we should be careful what we wish for... a friend of mine was complaining to her doctor that her ribs really hurt a few weeks after delivery. It turns out that her son kicked her so hard, he cracked a rib

Old 01-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Oh my gosh, cracked a rib!?! That is crazy. My best friend is 20 weeks and she is just starting to feel her little one kick. So I think it's normal. Just different for everyone.

Last edited by Delia79; 01-30-2007 at 08:05 AM.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Depending what baby it is..normally it will feel like butterflies. Now for me..omg I'm feeling him everyday all the time. I feel like i'm going to have my insides on the oustide pretty soon. LoL. A lot of the time you wont notice movement because you are doing other things. That is how it is with me a lot. It really could have been the baby you wont recognize it a lot of the times.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mjbrandon HB User

I guess I am just weird because everyone said that when I felt the baby it would feel like butterflies, but I never felt that way. When I first felt our baby girl it felt like someone flicking me really soft from the inside of my belly. I also thought it felt like popcorn popping in my tummy. I first recognized that I was feeling her at twenty weeks, but I think that I actually felt her at 18 weeks, but I kept thinking it was gas or something else because it didn't feel like butterflies!

Hope everyone feels there little ones soon!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

I started feeling mine at about 13 weeks. It was very random (sometimes only once per week). Now I am 18 weeks and I feel the baby everyday 4-5 times per day. The baby is wiggling around right now. Feels like a creature squirming around in there. I get little pokes and tickles and bumps. Very light but quite obvious. This is my 2nd.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:03 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

MJBrandon,
I totally agree with you. Everyone said it would feel like butterflies or a flutter but you are right on the mark, it feels exactly like someone flicking me from the inside very lightly. I never felt that butterfly/fluttery thing. Always just the flicking.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 AM   #10
(female)

Kathp HB User

With my daughter, I was well over 20 weeks before I experienced any movement. With this one, I started feeling the 'flicking' around 14 weeks. By week 16 it had progressed to what I can only describe as what felt like the baby 'shivering'! Since 19/20 weeks (I'm now 23 weeks), baby has been wiggling, thumping, kicking, squirming and rolling all over the place! I feel movements all day and night! You can feel and see my belly contorting as he/she moves around in there! At my 20 week scan, baby actually kicked the ultrasound probe off! Lol!

To be honest though, if I hadn't already had a child, I doubt I would have recognised those early movements as movements. I would probably have thought I had gas! If you are feeling baby, the movements will get stronger and more identifiable over the next couple of weeks!

Last edited by Kathp; 01-31-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Closed Thread