It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

principessa HB User
Any October Mums?

Hi All ,
I have just come over from the ttc board. Have been ttc for over two years and had 1 missed m/c diagnosed at 12 weeks and several chemical Pgs in that time. I am 5 weeks 2 days and due 2nd October (BFs b'day!). Yippee!!

I am totally terrified that I will m/c and a bit concerned that I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever. When I was Pg before I was sick as a dog, had strong cramps and very tender BBs. So I keep waking up hoping to feel different and then HPT to reassure myself that I still am Pg (LOL) - it's costing me a fortune in HPTs!

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and I hope to be lurking around this board for the next 8 months!

Princi xxx

Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

meluca HB User
Re: Any October Mums?

congratulations !!
i am an aug. mom, but i know what it is like to be afraid of m/c. i had one in oct. at 7.1 weeks and it never leaves me.

i didnt have any preg. symptoms for a while. at about 5 weeks i had a dull achy throb in my lower tummy and slightly sore bbs and couldnt stand the look of beef or veggies. the aching only recently went away -- like last week. i never really got m/s. but at week 7 i got acne and week 8 i got extreme bloating and now those symptoms are subsiding a lot.

i got to see the h/b at week 6 and week 7 with a vaginal u/s, so maybe you can get one too to help put you at ease.

i am now 10.3 weeks and have my next appt next wednesday. i am praying baby will be strong and healthy. i have no sysmptoms right now - other than hungry and frequent trips to the loo. i'm not showing in my tummy either. i do burp a lot !!

i will keep you in my thoughts.
i never thought pregnancy would be so emotionally draining.

xo,
m

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

vigette HB User

yayyyy Princi. I am so glad you made it over here!!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
(female)

Tigrilla HB User

OMG Princi!!! My 2ww confidant! I just posted on the sept mommies board because I was waiting for more of the new mommies to join and create a Oct mommies! I think we are all a little hesitant to believe it this early. I am so so so happy to see you here!! My due date is Oct 1. I think I am 5weeks 3 days. I have really no sypmtoms other than a decreased appitite (due to stess I think) and feeling tired. I tend to be more of a slacker anyway so I never have bundles of energy. I am of course worried about m/c but I got some progesterone supplement, that have put me more at ease. I haven't had any more spotting. My insurance didn't cover the cost and I had to pay out of pocket $200 for an 18 day supply! Don't think I can keep that up, so we'll see if I need to continue with what I'm using. I have already spent a small fortune investing in this little cous-cous! I just got some B-6 and Omega-3 supplements as well after reading up on them. I about to be broke becuase I am leaving my job to work (volunteer) for the non-profit I co-founded, so I'm investing now while I still have $$. Lots of love!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
(female)

mommieoftwo HB User

Hi all -

haven't been to the doctor yet - but with my calculations I should be about 4 weeks pregnant and will be due in October. This will be my second child and - I will have a scheduled C-section since my first was born by c-section. Anyway - I'm very excited and a bit concerned. I am now 37 years old and have to consider an amniocentesis and all that other risky stuff...ugh! Anyway - my son Eli is 2 1/2 years old and a COMPLETE joy. I can't wait to bring another angel into this world. Hope everyone is doing well and I'll rely on you guys for support as I did the entire first pregnancy back in 2004.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

PRINCI!!!!!!
I am so excited to see you here! I hardly had any symptoms at 5 weeks either so try to stay positive
Congrats to you and all the new October mommies!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Congrats Oct. mommies!! I am a July mommy with my first! I didn't feel anything at 5 weeks either. Actually, I didn't really have ANY symptoms until I was nearly 8 weeks (right around 7 weeks 4 days or so) but then BAM! I was sick all the time, tired all the time, achey all the time! yuck! I'm so glad that's over with. But it was reassuring.

I also bought a ton of pregnancy tests! I took 6 the first few days right after my BFP...then in the weeks after (before my dr's apponitment) I would have to make myself drive past the pharmacy so I wouldn't buy anymore! I would tell myself, "Save that money and put it away to buy baby stuff."

I totally understand all the m/c worries, especially if you've already had one. Everybody I know (family, friends) has had at least one m/c so I was so nervous with mine. This is my first pregnancy and I've had several scares, bleeding, visits to hospital, etc. But so far all is well! I'm 16 1/2 weeks and I still worry about it sometimes!

Best of luck to you and that little peanut...and all the october moms! How exciting to be just finding out!!

Congrats,
Sarah

Old 01-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Hello!
I'm on Oct mommy too..Oct 1st so it could go either way!
I don't have any real strong symptoms either...I'm scared of another m/c too, so we aren't getting too excited until the 1st trimester is done!!

Congrats to everyone and talk soon!
S

Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #9
(female)

cat1317 HB User

Hi Princi,
I was so happy to see your good news!! yayy!!!! Congratulations! Glad we'll be able to talk on the boards again.

--Cat

Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #10
(female)

broodygirl HB User

Hi October mummies

I am supposedly due October 10th if all goes according to plan. (I know it's early days and last month I had a chem preg)

I am also very scared but happy too and this is really nice to know that others will be 'growing' at the same time I also keep hpting to see if the line is still strong.

My bbs have been awfully sore for weeks now. The last few days I have been exhausted, sleeping all the time and my nose seems really sharp to smells for some reason, like a blood hound lol! But still enjoying a cup of coffee. I wonder if I will go off coffee? Did anyone else? And some foods I want to eat loads of and others I find overpowering or bitter. Wierd.

Hope to read your daily goings on regularly.
Take care!

Old 02-01-2007, 05:33 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

principessa HB User

Thanks for all you replies, it's great to catch up with old board buddies (cat vigette, megss ) and meet loads of new ones. I feel a bit more reassurred to know that having no symptoms is quite common - thank you!

Tigrilla - Fantastic to see you here. I am soooooooo going to be asking you loads of questions over the next 8 months. I still can't calm down about it and keep worrying all the time but all i can do is try to relax and see what happens. Once I'm past my 12 week U/S I will feel a bit more positive, it just seems so far away at the moment!

Princi xxx

Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Teraina HB User

I just wanted to say hi. I'm due October 9th. I feel a little nausea and sore bbs but other than that everything seems to be going well. It's exciting to hear from other October moms.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #13
(female)

Tigrilla HB User

Wow, we already have 6 October Mommies - congrats to us! Have any of you spilled the beans? I have been tempted but I havn't told anyone other than DH and a friend I work with who told me he thought I was pregnant before I found out I was. I think I am too tired to go out with my close friends this week, and I'll be staying in for Superbowl, so no one will be suspisious as to why I'm not drinking. We normally go out for drinks with friends at least once a week. Last week I went out with them and got a few quizical looks, so I know I can't get away with it twice. I told all my friends with my last pregnancy because I felt I'd be fine, but had a m/c at 10 weeks so I've learned from that. I told by supervisor last time around 6 weeks because I was having problems and had to see the dr, and he ended up telling the whole staff at a meeting I wasn't even at! I didn't even know about it until after the m/c After all that I still get tempted , but I have to remind myself to be very careful about who I want to know - those I trust who will send good thoughts my way.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Teraina HB User

I'm sorry about your previous pregnancy Tigrilla but congrats on your new one!! I'm waiting a little bit before I tell everyone. I kind of want to get used to the idea myself first. DH is the only other person who knows. I'm only 4 weeks so I figure I have plenty of time to tell everyone.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #15
(female)

broodygirl HB User

Hi again

Well, I am finding it very difficult to keep my mouth shut. I have told a few very good friends, my mum and of course my partner, but they are also aware not to build their hopes up at this stage yet. I have semester break now and go back to work in just over a week. That means I will be nearly six weeks then, and it is going to be very very hard not to spill. Also, I want to talk to my line manager, since there are/ were new projects in store for the next two semesters and they may have to redelegate since I will be just dropping it half way.

Closed Thread