It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
(female)

mamatbg HB User
Having chills 5 weeks pregnant?

I am 5 weeks pregnant and having chills off and on. Has anyone else experienced this? With my other 2 pregnancies, I did not experience this. My doc did and ultra sound and could only see the sac and said everything looked okay. I just wander has anyone else experience chills with pregnancy before and should I be concerned?

Last edited by mamatbg; 02-07-2007 at 09:36 PM.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User
Re: Having chills 5 weeks pregnant?

Oh yea, I had the chills big time! That was in the first tri!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

mamatbg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbettis View Post
Oh yea, I had the chills big time! That was in the first tri!
Thanks so much for responding. That make me feel better. How long did it take for them to stop and how far along are you now. Just wandering. I had a miscarriage before I had my baby last year so when anything happens out of the norm, I get a little nervous.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatbg View Post
Thanks so much for responding. That make me feel better. How long did it take for them to stop and how far along are you now. Just wandering. I had a miscarriage before I had my baby last year so when anything happens out of the norm, I get a little nervous.
Yea understandable. I am 29 w now, and I remember to have the chills for about 3 months (during my first tri). We had a thread going about a lot of girls experiencing the same thing and we were just about the same time. When you get into the second tri, a new ball game starts . I think even you already have a child, your second pregnancy can be totally different.

To make sure I asked my OB if I was low in iron, or sugar, or my blood pressure, but she reassured me that it was a normal feeling. I think you just have a baby that is sucking all your energy .

Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
(female)

vigette HB User

I am the same way. I am 11 weeks and constabtly have chills!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

Yep me too and I am 9 weeks. It pretty much started as soon as I found out I was pregnant It also made me nervous (I always thought you would feel warm), but when I found out others here have been experiencing it I felt better

Old 02-08-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
(female)

mamatbg HB User

I started having chills as soon as I found out too. It is so nice that you guys cared enough to respond and now I feel much more at ease. I had even thought well maybe the baby is okay and this means after I have the baby, I will go through early menopause. The mind can play terrible tricks on a person. My husband laughed when I suggested the menopause thing and said you only 34 and I don't think you can be pregnant and go through menopause at the same time. Though he cares and tries to understand, he doesn't know how devastating it is to miscarry a child that you carried inside of you and loved and wanted from the beginning. And even though we just had a baby last year, the new baby doesn't mean that you forget the one that you lost. Anyway, I had never had the chills before and was really really scared that it meant I was going to miscarry or that somthing else was wrong. Thank you guys so much for you responses. My doc further confirmed that so far the baby is okay, although it is still early . I believe everything will be okay and I need to just really trust God, and it also helps to have responses by you guys without feeling like I have asked a weird question or somthing. Thanks again!

Closed Thread