It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
(female)

candice82 HB User
3 days overdue and getting impatient

Can anyone help??? Im 3 days overdue with my 1st baby and suffering from bad period like pains in low abdo. Rang mw and she said its irregular contractions and to wait just concerned as my next ob app isnt until 10days overdue.. Is this normal and should I have had an internal exam by now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

OrangeCouture HB User
Arrow Re: 3 days overdue and getting impatient

It just means that you are close. I started those pains and a week later I had my first baby too. I also used a midwife and waited until it was right to go in, stay patient, your baby knows when to come. Keep in mind that the pain you are experiencing are mild contractions and maybe like me within a week your baby will be here! There is NOTHING you can do but wait!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User
Re: 3 days overdue and getting impatient

I know they say old wives tales don't work (sex, spicy food, etc.), but my friend's sister was overdue, ate some chili, and went into labor that evening. I've heard similar stories about sex. Good luck!

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

I don't know about the rest of the old wives tales, and I am sure that sex is the last thing you want right now, but sperm is known to ripen the cervix. And yes, I would think you should have had an internal exam by now. I hope you go soon.

Amy

Old 02-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User

i know you want this kid out since its past your due date, but really a due date it a figure, it could be afew days off, but i know how it feels to want the kid out now!!! lol, so ill give you some advice that worked for inducing my little one so if you get desprit like i did you can induce labor

i did this all continually... i walked to the local store, which was 4 or 5 blocks away, and got some caster oil, (this works if you take the right amount for you) i also got a 20oz sprite, i walked back home, and ate a half can of hot nali chili, then followed it with about a table spoon of caster oil, and all the sprite you need, then i put my son down for a nap(this was my second preg.) and i made love to my bf, mostly for the sperm to ripen my cervix, then i took one more table spoon of caster oil with sprite, and went to walmart to do somthing to get my mind off what i was doing... i shopped for a half hour and then went home and ate the other half of the chili and did the baby dance again and went to sleep, i woke up the next morning in labor... now i warn you that the caster oil has been known to give some people direa and thats it, but it worked for me, i dont know if your up to having the baby dance, so if anything have your man get to his point then release inside you, as i said this is desprit messures but i did this with my daughter as i was very desprite... good luck, if this seems like to much do a google search for inducing labor.. good luck

Closed Thread