It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User
July Mommies III....

I figured since our post was getting so long and it is now moved on to the second page, I'd start a new one for us. Hope everyone is doing good!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

srivera HB User
Re: July Mommies III....

Has anyone taken Mucinex for a cold?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

i took sudafed for my cold. and everything is fine with ds now. also i had a ? about flying in an unpressurized plane. does anyone know about this??

Old 02-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

No. I do have a cold, but I haven't taken anything for it and it's killing me! I feel horrible.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

Hi everyone. I had my Dr appointment last night and gained just a smidge more weight than I should have. Since my last appointment 5 weeks ago I have gained 9lbs!!! My Dr said it wasn't horrible but is a touch too much. So far I have gained 17lbs and am only 20weeks+4 days. Does this sound like I am gaining too much weight???

Old 02-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

E1979,
I wouldn't worry about it. I have gained between 15-17 pounds also. My doctor said everything looks perfect. The only time they mentioned anything was one month when I didn't gain any weight at all. I think you are fine. As long as you feel good and you are eating, that is all that matters! My best friend has gained the same as me too. I think that is pretty normal.

I had my appointment on Thursday and the doctor looked over my ultrasound. She said she is not at all concerned about the hole in her heart and doesn't think I need the amnio. She said there were no other markers for Down Syndrome and that everything else is developing completely normally. So I am just going to go back on March 14th to have another ultrasound and fetal echo and they will just keep an eye on the hole to see if it closes. It actually makes me happy because I get to see my little girl again!

Last edited by Delia79; 02-16-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #7
(female)

Istyle HB User

Has anyone ever had a cord doppler? I am getting one the next two times I go then I start going every week and she said I will ether get a cord doppler, non stress test or a ultrasound each time I go. I am glad everyone is doing well. E1979 I wouldn't worry about your weight ether. Worry about it once the baby gets here...till then have fun!

Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Delia, I'm not sure if you can take Mucinex while pregnant, but you can take plain Sudafed, plain Robitussin (no initials after it) and Benedryl for a cold. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I'm glad your ultrasound looked good and that the doc's not concerned. That's gotta feel good!

Istyle, I haven't heard of a cord doppler. What is the difference between that and the normla doppler they use to listen to the heartbeat, other than obviously it has a cord? The non-stress-test is no big deal. Did you have those during your last pregnancy?

E1979, I wouldn't worry too much about your weight gain if you are eating healthy for the most part. The baby has a funny way of determining how much weight you will gain. Did you doctor tell you to change your eating habits or anything? During my last pregnancy, I gained 10 lbs. for 2 months in a row and I was eating healthy. I only gained a total of 35 lbs. exactly (the top of the suggested range), but I gained most of it those 2 months. If your doc didn't tell you to do anything differently, I wouldn't worry too much abou it. It doesn't sound like you're gaining a huge amount of weight to be concerned about.

Is anyone else having a hard time coming up with a name? I think I'm just going to call mine Jethro for now, since I can't seem to come up with anything I like to even suggest to DH...LOL! We still don't know what we're having, but since I have a feeling it's a boy, it's nickname will be Jethro for a little while. Maybe that will get DH to start thinking about what we should call the baby instead. Otherwise, we may end up with Jethro or Lulabelle...LOL!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
(female)

Istyle HB User

The cord doppler is a way they look at the blood flow from me through the placenta to the cord to the baby. They want to make sure they don't see any clots or signs that the baby is having a hard time getting oxygen. I just didn't know if anyone had one. I didn't have to have NST's last time. Last time I was considered a normal pregnancy until 28 weeks hit and I lost him. I called my baby all kind's of names before we found out what it is. I would call it sweetpea and even bugger boo! It didn't take us long to come up with a name...but my brother and sister in law barely agreed on a name. My niece got her name only days before she was born!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Jethro, that's cute! Sometimes my MIL calls me Lulabelle...not sure why... When will you find out what you are having? We haven't come up with a name for sure yet, but we are pretty sure she will be Ella Ann. It's really annoying though because my MIL keeps asking me if we have thought of any more names. I say no not really, I think of things I like but it just seems like she should be Ella. She will go, well hmmmm, ok, hmmm. I am not sure if that is her way of saying she doesn't like the name or what. And maybe it's just my hormones but it's annoying the crap out of me! If you don't like it, that is fine, it's your choice, but why can't people keep that to themselves, you know? It's not her child, it's our's! Of course everyone is not going to like the name that we choose, but it's not their decision, it's our's. I just don't understand why people can't keep their opinions to themselves in certain situations? I guess some people just have no manners.

Istyle, I have never heard of a cord doppler either. Is there a reason they are doing this?

My cold is still making me feel pretty crummy. I finally broke down and took Tylenol Cold because the OB said if it got worse after two days to take that. I was getting worried because it almost feels like it's turning into Bronchitis. I feel so bad for being sick because I worry it's making her feel sick too....is that stupid?

Last edited by Delia79; 02-17-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
(female)

Istyle HB User

They think I lost my ds at 28 weeks due to a blood clot. They are checking to see if they see one or if they see signs of trouble with the oxygen flow.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:11 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Istyle - I'm glad they're monitoring you closely. That has to be somewhat of a relief.

Delia - don't worry about your MIL not liking the name. Even if she doesn't initially like the name you choose, it will grow on her once that baby is born...LOL!

I think mothers and MILs just can't seem to get past the fact that, even though we're their children, our children are NOT their children. I STILL have issues with that with my mom not understanding that my kids are MY kids, not hers. She called me a couple weeks ago to insist that I'd better start potty training my 21-month-old because my sister and I were both potty trained before we were 2 and she doesn't want this one (as if it's HER toddler) to be behind. Yes, I admit that I'm hormonal to begin with, but shouldn't the timing of potty training MY toddler be up to ME, DH and my toddler showing signs that she's physically ready for potty training, not dictated by grandma's timing?! DD isn't showing signs yet, and all of the books I've read say to wait until 2 1/2-3 when they're showing signs and are physically able to hold their bladder. I've also been dealing with health issues and am not physically up for the challenge of potty training, especially if DD isn't either.

My ultrasound is a week from today. I'm a little nervous because of my out-of-control thyroid issues (and Lord only knows what else is going on that they're not monitoring), but at the same time, I'm looking forward to finding out the gender and, hopefully, getting relief that everything looks good with the baby. Most people only wait until after the first trimester is over to tell the world (if they're going to wait at all), but given my health situation, I'm waiting to tell the majority of people until after the ultrasound results at 19 weeks. I'm sure people will be upset with me, but I have told the people that I would lean on if I were to lose the baby or there were to be a problem. The people I haven't told yet are the people I don't feel particularly close to, although some of them may feel closer to me than I do to them. I guess they'd already be mad if I were to tell them now, since I'm already 18 weeks. I just wasn't thinking about it until recently.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

jmcummins--I know what you mean about wanting to wait...and I'm sure everybody will understand. My SIL waited until she was 5 months to tell most people because she had m/c a few times before and she didn't want to have to deal with the drama of telling everybody then m/c again. Everybody understood and we were very happy for her. (Actually, a few of the people she didn't tell had actually started to "guess" she was p/g just because she was acting differently...i.e. no drinking, no indoor soccer that winter, which was a constant for her).

I also have my u/s this week! Only 4 more days!! I'm getting excited. My DH is gone on ANOTHER trip, he's been gone more than he's been home lately, which has been difficult for several reasons, so I'll be glad when he gets home on Wed. & we get to see the baby on Thurs.!! I can't wait to find out what we're having...I keep thinking it's a girl, but there are SO FEW girls in my family I just don't know. (There are 19 grandkids on my side...only 2 girls. And my DH has 6 nephews and only 1 neice)...so we'll see.

Hope everyone is well and has a great week!!

Last edited by youneeak; 02-19-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
(female)

Candy_Girl HB User

It's been a while since I've posted. I'm glad to see everyone's keeping well and dealing with all the stresses of pregnancy as best as they can.

I have some exciting news - my sister had a baby boy on Friday! Baby William (Will is my sister's preference). Middle name is TBD. I got to be in the delivery room. I thought I might get queasy because I still haven't kicked the nausea 100% but it was all good. Didn't make me any more nervous about my own delivery at all - in fact I'm really excited about my turn! She had an epi and was very, very happy about it LOL!

I just got a call from my family doc. He wants to see me tonight. I reminded him I have my regular appt on Thursday but he wants to see me earlier. This is where I usually get nervous but he said not to worry. I'm hoping he forgot to send me for some bloodwork or something and I need to do it before Thursday. I have my first OB appt next week as well as my second liver u/s. I also think I'm finally starting to feel some kicks. Not often enough to be sure but I'm hoping that's what it is.

Stay well everyone! Good luck to those of you with u/s coming up.

Last edited by Candy_Girl; 02-19-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:19 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing great...I think there are a lot of u/s this week! Hopefully all goes well and (for those of us who want to find out) the little peanuts wiggle around enough for us to tell their sex!

I did have a question. Are you guys showing yet? I'm 19.3 weeks and I really don't have a pregnant belly yet. I can obviously tell and so can DH...but only when I pull my shirt up...when I have clothes on I don't look any different (well, I look chubbier, but not really pregnant yet). My hips and my breasts are HUGE...but i think those just hide the belly! I was just wondering when I'd start to actually look pregnant. Because this "in between" stage (where I just look fat) is driving me bananas!!

Just curious,
Sarah

Closed Thread