It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User
Horrible Cramps

i am about 24wks and 4ds. I am having some horrible cramps. I thought it might have just been because i needed to go to the bathroom but that hasn't helped one bit. I have been expierencing these since last nite, I thought they were just going to go away through the nite but they didnt. Now im in horrible pain, plus my lil one is sick, so now i'm in horrible pain. I have been trying to relax and it's hard, DH told me to just take it easy, and since we only hav eone car and I dont have a sitter for DS I am sticking it out. Anyone experience this and know what is it?? If so PLEASE let me know!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User
Re: Horrible Cramps

You could be experiencing braxton hicks contractions. I have been having them also (im 33 weeks) and mine feel like horrible menstraul cramps. My stomach gets really tight and hard. I have heard that they can be felt as early as 20 weeks. Are the cramps occuring at regular intervals? I would drink a few glasses of water and lie down with your feet up. That seems to help me when I have these pains. If they don't subside then I would call your doctor, he may want to see you.

I hope that helps...good luck and keep us posted

Koukla

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Thanks for the advice, I have been pushing water, laying on the left side, and am worried that it's the start of pre eclampsia again. I'm really not wanting to deal with it again, but I have a feeling it's going to be happening again. It's so hard to relax chasing a 10 month old around. LoL. If it's not gone by tonite, I'm going to labor and deliver or something. I thought they were BH but than I wasn't sure because it didnt seem that my abdoman got tight. Of course I wasn't really paying much attention, just in a lotta pain!! Thanks for the advice again.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

how are you feeling? did you call your doctor? Just thinking about you. keep me posted.

Koukla

Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I ended up going to Labor and Delivery..well turns out one of my cultures that a dr had redone in Nov..came back positive for a really bad UTI...and it has just gotten progressively worse!! So now I'm on antibiotics for the rest of my pregnancy, and I was also told as well that I will have a pre term baby. Thanks for the worries

Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

Wow, Sorry to hear about your UTI. I had one first trimester but didn't have any symptoms. I just had a fever for a few days so i went to the doctor and that's what they found. Im glad they were able to determine what was wrong. How can they tell if you are going to have a pre-term baby? How early do they think your baby (boy/girl?) will be?

take it easy and drink lots of water and cranberry juice!!!

Hope you are feeling better
Koukla

Old 02-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I would push more cranberry juice but I cant seem to stomach it right now. Umm they are saying I'm going to have a preterm baby because I had my son in April of last year, and he's only going to be a year and bout 2 months when my due date roles around. And they said that since they are so close that more than likely I will have preterm. We still are unsure..they said a boy, but I have other feelings, so we're waiting to see when my dr gets his ultrasound machine so that he can tell us. LoL. I guess it's because I didnt' fully heal from my first one. I'm not sure... And I as well had UTI's with DS and never had any symptoms, but I guess this one was just that bad, and if I hadn't done anything bout it..that I'd have kindey failiure so I'm guessin it's pretty serious, especially since I have to be on meds for the rest of my pregnancy.

Closed Thread