It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
stretch marks

Hi Ladies ,
I hope all is going well in your pregnancies...
I just noticed yesterday that I have what I think might be a stretch mark... it is 1 white line about 1 1/2 inches long along the right side of my belly... I thought I might escape them because my sister never got them, and she is very small too. Anyway, I am 22+ weeks, so I still have a long way to go, I use lotion every day, and then supplement with stretch mark cream on my belly & boobs... is there any kind inparticular that will prevent them? or do you get them no matter if you moisturize or not? If you get them, do they ever go away?
I know this is a small price to pay for creating a miracle, I just pray for a healthy, happy baby... but if there is anything I can do to prevent stretch marks... I'm all ears!
Take care!
Sweet

Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User
Re: stretch marks

From what I have read there is really nothing you can do to prevent them...unfortunately. I would say that moisturizing can only help though, so I'de keep doing that and hopefully the stretch marks wont be as bad.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User

after 2 kids i have strech marks that would horrafy you!!! but i am now creating a 3rd baby almost 22 weeks... anyway creams and lotions wont really help you, but i know that coco butter and vidamin e oil help the most, i only really have bad strech marks on my stomic but they go up to my chest... needless to say i look pretty wierd wearing a two piece, not that i would feel comfy enough to do so befor...lol, good luck trying to evade them....

Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 AM   #4
(female)

Kathp HB User

I'm afraid I have to second what the other ladies have said Sweet. If you're gonna get stretch marks, there are no oils, creams, lotions or potions that will prevent them! It's all about genetics. Of course, using a good moisturiser will ease the dryness and chafing often associated with a preggy belly, but ultimately, it will do very little, if anything at all, to help with stretch marks.

I got the most appalling stretch marks with my daughter due to being severely underweight in the beginning... honestly, they were so bad that they looked like they were bleeding and went from my tummy, to the tops of my hips all the way down to my knees. I honestly thought I would never wear a skirt again, never mind a swim costume - but guess what, I did. They faded. They're just a slivery colour now and are really not that noticable. Stretch marks will never disappear completely once they are there - they are scars from where layers of your skin has 'ripped', but I promise, they do fade. I can say, with my hand on my heart, once you have your baby in your arms, you would have put up with 1000,0000 more stretch marks to get there. How are you anyway hun?

Last edited by Kathp; 02-21-2007 at 02:38 AM.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #5
(female)

laurafaith HB User

hi im 34 weeks with number 2 -- i got pretty bad stretch marks with my first son -- they say that it is genetics -- and i suppose it is but my sister and mom have none -- so go figure -- so far with this preg i haven't gotten any "new" ones yet -- i did the lotion with the first and this one -- so that is the same -- my doctor suggesed drinking alot of water -- not only for the other benefits of drinking water but it can help mostierize (SP) your skin from the inside and maybe help with stretch marks -- so far its working for me!! i drink at least a gallon a day -- i know it sounds crazy -- but it has been making me feel better overall!! if u do this -- take my suggestion of drinking a ton of your water in the morning and very little in the evening -- or u will be up all night going pee!! well GOOD LUCK!!

Old 02-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

here is a recipe I got from another lady in this forum:
cream for stretch marks:
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of aloe vera
8 liquid gel capsules of vitamin E (break them open)
4 Liquid gel capsules of vitamin A (break them open)

...And rub over your body (thighs, butt, stomach, and boobs) everyday.
I do the recipe above late at night when I go to bed.

In the mornings after I take a shower, I use this:
I first spray Palmer's Oil Cocoa Butter Formula (it is a yellow oil) all over my belly and breasts, then I mix the Palmer's "concentrated" Cocoa Butter cream with "motherlove" Pregnant Belly Salve cream. I also try to put this mix in the middle of the day (when I remember).

Also drink LOTS of water (which I don't do cuz I keep forgetting).. This post just made me put a jar of water in front of me so I can remember.

I do also believe that stretch marks are a genetic thing, but we need to try and see if the creams could help. It is better to say "I tried and It didn't work" rather than say "oh maybe if I would had tried it may would had helped"... you know what I mean?

I am 31 weeks today, so far I haven't seen any stretch marks ... YET! It is my first baby. I am not out of the waters anyway, someone told me that sometimes stretch marks come out right after you deliver the baby.

Last edited by rbettis; 02-21-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

I'm a mother of 1 child----born 7 1/2 months ago........

I dunno about the genetics things because my mother and grandmother BOTH got them really bad with their pregnancies---however---I didn't get any at all. I used "Mother's Special Blend" oil and used it everyday on my inner things, hips, boobs, belly etc.... I mean use it EVER night as soon as you know you're pregnant. Don't be shy and just slop it on liberally. Drink LOTS of water AND DON'T scratch----RESIST the urge to scratch your belly, thighs, boobs etc....---I know it itches like heck as the belly and boobs grow and the skin stretches, but when you scratch, it breaks the fibers in your skin---therefore causing the stretchmarks to get really bad. I swear---there were times I wanted to scream due to my itching, but I just resisted. Rub your belly fast---create some light friction by rubbing it intensely, but don't scratch. hehehe This is one point my OB/GYN told me to help prevent stretch marks.

Good luck!

Last edited by Infinitum; 02-21-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rbettis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
I'm a mother of 1 child----born 7 1/2 months ago........ I dunno about the genetics things because my mother and grandmother BOTH got them really bad with their pregnancies---however---I didn't get any at all.

Good luck!
My best friend told me about NOT scratching as well. She has a daughter and never got a stretch mark, she also put a lot of oils on her belly. She also even told me that she slept every night with cotton gloves so she wouldn't scratch while she was sleeping. Honestly, my belly & breasts have NOT itch a bit, and I am 31 weeks now. I put so much OILS on my belly, that the other day I was looking at the mirror and I look like this shinny Xmas ornament ready to be hung up on a Xmas Tree.

Closed Thread