It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
(female)

1stmemom HB User
1 cm dilated!!!

I just went to my ob today and she said I was 1 cm dilated. what does this mean exactly? I'm due March 13, so is he gonna be early or what? Right now I'm 37 weeks and 2 days. any advice is really welcome!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
(female)

wicksasc HB User
Re: 1 cm dilated!!!

It could mean that you will go early, but don't count on it. It does mean that things are getting ready for labor, but there is no way to know for sure how far away labor is. For example: I was 3 cm dialated with my first child for 3 weeks before I went into labor. I was 1 cm dialated with my second for a week and then went into labor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User

I had the same experience with my first baby -I was 1 cm. dilated from week 35 to week 40. I am due next week with number seven, and at my appt. yesterday, I was 3 cm. The doc. said, "See you over the weekend!!" but only one of my six came early (by a week) and I was always dilated at least 1
cm. for at least a week or two.

Buy, hey, that's just me! So be ready! Good luck! Marirose

Old 02-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bricely HB User

Hello 1stmemom your body is just getting ready doesn't mean you'll have it within this weekend, but at the same time everyones body different but its really up to your baby when it decides to come out hee hee. Well whatever happens keep us posted to see how your doing ok

Old 02-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User

dont get excited, it is differant with every person but with my first i was 80% effaced and 3 cen dialated 2 months befor i was due and for some reason my son was a week late and was induced and the labor was 17 hours... you could be gonna have the baby early, but your so close i wouldnt worry about any problems... congrats on being so close hope your birthing is quicker than my first, and less painful. oh, and my second i was dialated ahead too

Closed Thread