It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User
tilted uterus?

Hi everyone,
I'm 10 weeks 5 days pregnant.
I just had an u/s done today and the tech. said that I had a tilted uterus. I was wondering who has had that and continued on to have a healthy pregnancy? I didn't have any problems w ds.
And, I'm getting some sharp pains in my lower left back..I'm thinking it's the sciatic nerve..anyone else experience that too?

Thank You!
S

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User
Re: tilted uterus?

when i was 16 i was told i had a tiltled uterus at a routine pap. they also said iwould probably have real issues concieving later in life. well, i'm now 30w5d pregnant! so ha! lol! i believe if there is any risk it is very small. i would discuss it with your ob just to ease your mind...about that nerve issue, lord i know it's horrible! the main reason it flairs up is due to the position of the baby. have someone put hard steady pressure on your lower back on the right side of your spine almost on your butt cheek. ahh relief. if it's real bad, take a regular dose of tylenol and don't feel guilty! GOOD LUCK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Lotus,
Thanks for your reply!
I'll be talking to my Dr. next week, and do you think having the tilt is causing my sciatic nerve to be painful? As soon as it "hits" I have to walk around and wait for it to pass!!
Anyway, take care and good luck in the next few weeks!
S

Old 03-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User

i guess it is possible that the tilted uterus could effect your nerve although i have never heard or read anything that says so...something that may help: try filling a tube sock with 1 1/2 lbs. of regular white rice and tie it off with a rubber band or pony tail holder. microwave it for 2-3 minutes. apply it to wherever you are having pain. the moist heat is fantastic! just don't cover your belly with it. it will make baby too toasty. hope this was helpful! good luck to you!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User

I'm 14w3d and my doctor told me that my uterus is tilted too. He told me that a tilted uterus is actually better for getting pregnant. I'm not sure. It's nothing major and so far I've had no problems with my pregnancy...good luck

Old 03-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

S&J HB User

Lotus,
Thanks for the suggestion! I have one of those seed packs and haven't tried it yet, I might tonight!

Shaunsgirl,
Thanks for your input too! I'm glad that everything is going great It gives me hope that things will be fine with me too..I've read some things on the internet that scares me, but I'm a worrier.

Take care!
S

Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
(female)

Elliesmom HB User

I have an extremely tilted uterus (posterior). It can actually be beneficial in conceiving as gravity is on your side then. The only difference I have had is that some GYN prefer to do a rectal exam to check your uterus as opposed to vaginal, for your annual exam - not a pregnancy one. Usually by the end of the 1st trimester your uterus has to right itself due to its size. Mine went back after my daughter was born - some people's never go back.

Closed Thread