It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
(female)

ChristineLynnS HB User
Upper Right Abdominal Pain

I am 26 weeks. For the past three days, I have had consistant upper right pain. It's right under my right breast. Its constant, with shooting pains intermittenly. I feel the babys head in my upper left side, and her feet in my lower right side, so I dont think she's kicking me there. Also, it hasn't gone away for four days.

I also had neausea and vomiting. Once each day over the last two days (after drinking milk).

I was reading about Gall bladder problems and how common they are in pregnancy... Has anyone experienced this? Or is it normal?

My dr. isn't usually in until Wednesday. If this is something bad, I dont want to wait that long.

On a scale of 1 - 10, the pain would be a 7 constant, with the shooting pains being so painful I cant talk or breathe.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
(female)

mommyjen25 HB User
Re: Upper Right Abdominal Pain

i dont remember if i had pain with my son but after i had him i did get alot of pain for 2 years didnt know what it was. then i went to my doctor and they did all these x rays found out i had gallstones, asthma, and acid reflux never was sick before i had my son but as soon as i had him i started getting all this pain all the time and everytime i ate i couldnt keep anything down it was so bad. but then i had surgery gallbladder out and now that pain has gone away but now i have alot of pain from acid reflux. so yes i agree you can get gallbladder problems from pregnancy. make sure you do talk to your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

1stmemom HB User
Re: Upper Right Abdominal Pain

Gal bladder problems are more likely when pregnant. I too had this weird pain on the right side above my ribs...it also radiates to the back sometime. I kinda just mentioned it to my ob and she suggested an ultrasound to check my gal bladder. I had nausea also luckily no vomiting. The ultrasound didn't show anything and the pain seems to have subsided. It started around the same time as what your talking about. I read that diet can really affect it. I had been eating a lot of eggs thinking the protein was good for me when actually I think the cholesterol was causing me some problems with my gal bladder. I suggest looking at your diet to maybe help with the pain. I noticed when I would eat bad food it would hurt afterwards. Unfortunately, gal stones would require surgery if there is a lot...although I've heard of people recovering after pregnancy with no gal stones present with out surgery. Recovering from gal bladder surgery after having a baby is nooo fun, from what I've heard. anyway good luck. have an ultrasound done and reevaluate your diet!

Closed Thread