It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

ElfieNLynx HB User
Finally Here!!!!

Well yesterday I tested and got a BFP!!! Today I re-tested and guess what....got a BFP!!! So I'm going to jump the gun and say that I'm pregnant...lol.

I am so happy, its been a long time coming. I have a son who is about to turn 5 this year so it has been that long. My husband and I have been TTC since the end of last year and it finally happened. YAY!!!

Since I had 5 years to think about it, I'm already mentally planned for this baby. I knowed EXACTLY what I want and need to have a happy healthy pregnancy.

First I am completely going on a strict eating routine. No more rich sugars, fried foods etc that I soo indulged on with my first. I ended up gaining so much and my body payed the price. I'm strictly on fresh foods, water, fish, turkey and chicken with the occassional red meat. I'm going to do this pregnancy healthy. Also I plan on working out as much as possible as long as everything is okay with the baby and me. Also I'm bathing in 100% coconut oil and lavender oil, I have enough stretch marks to begin with!!!

Second, totally know what I need in the lines of baby gear, no need for that silly nonsense stuff that only accumulates in the closets and takes up space.

Third, we aren't going to find out the sex at all. I really want a surprise this time and have planned that all colors will be neutral ( we did this with my son even though we knew the sex) and that instead of buying baby clothes throughout we are going to just buy gift cards for ourselves through the 9 months just to save up.

I am totally making this out to me a long post. So let me finish here and say that I am so happy to be an early November mommy and I hope and pray that this is true and that everything goes smoothly!!! BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE ON THE BOARD!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
(male)

ljhill HB User
Re: Finally Here!!!!

Congratulations on your positive pregnancy result. Sounds like a long awaited relief.

Being the opposite sex i may not be the most experienced in pregnancy and all associated issues, however i know how frustrating it can be trying to concieve.

My wife and i have suffered 3 miscarriages. These happened last year and the last one was in June. After that one we decided to give things a rest and concentrate on getting fitter and finding out if there were other reasons to the misscarriages. There luckily were no reasons and it was just one of them unlucky things. A horrible experience that i would not wish on any one. This is why i know and understand the sheer relief, elation and happiness on conception of a child, and that resulting test being +ve

You may be asking why im replying to your post, however my wife and i got a very very positive pregnancy test last thursday, and it was amazing. Obvioulsy i have been thinking the worse but up till today a positive test has never lasted so long. if you know what i mean.
We have had it confirmed by doctors and even had a very early scan at our local EPAC clinic which allowed us for the 1st time to see our little treasure right in front of us. It was very small to see any heartbeat or anything but it is there and grwoing good. My wife has symptoms this time that she never experienced last year which is definetly a fantastic sign. The fact also that she says she feels totally different this time is also a bonus.
i hope too enjoy my wife's preganacy hopefully as much as her. I am already looking on the internet for little pointers and prams etc.
I probably will be one them dads who think i must buy all the silly things but we live and learn!

I am so happy for you both and please allow both my wife and I to wish you good luck and continued happiness throughout your pregnancy along with your partner. Best wishes and heres hoping for not too many sicky mornings.
Congratulations
Lee J Hill

Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
(female)

~:~blythe~:~ HB User

That's brilliant news, I'm really happy for you both!

I just wanted to say also, that the above reply was so lovely I'ts so nice when people have such great news to share.

I have what I believe to be my first positive result today

Old 03-16-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
(male)

ljhill HB User

Can i congratulate you and your partner and also wish you all the luck in the world on your positive pregnancy test, i guess you will be up there on the same cloud as Elfienlynx, my wife and I.
If your reaction was similair to mine, you probably still dont quite believe it. Also spending a ridiculous amount of cash on tests! But its well worth it.

Congratulations and I hope to read about your trials and tribulations on here over the next few months. I hope to post mine also.
Kind wishes and regards
Lee J Hill

Old 03-16-2007, 06:52 AM   #5
(female)

ElfieNLynx HB User

That is funny that you said that about buying all those tests. I'm on my way out to the store to buy another one.....lol.

I am really excited, but a little worried and hurt. My husband ( bless him) promised me that we wouldn't tell anyone until it was confirmed by a doctor that I am. But yesterday my SIL called up screaming in my ear how excited she is. She is going on her third baby due in May. Here I find out that my husband told his mother, who told everyone she is living with ( his 2 sisters and brother) and word got to his sister over in England and of course his brother and my SIL who live a few towns from us. Yeah word travels at the speed of flashes in his family.

I'm still waiting to tell my family, I want it confirmed and I know that it won't be any joyous replies to it. My mom absolutely loves and adores my son, but she is going through a lot with my brother and she always feels that my husband and I aren't financially stable enough and me still going through college, but that is just a mother's concern and I am willing to to except that. She was like that when I was pregnant with my son and turned out to be a major help in the end. I feel more comfortable having my husband there to do the talking anyway...lol.

Anyways, trying to make an appointment with a doctor, it literally takes HOURS to get through on the service so I have to wait till Monday morning and start calling @ 7 to get through. Thankfully it will only be for the first appointment, the rest I can make online!!!

Closed Thread