It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

shawnaslover HB User
Baby dropped at 34 weeks. Labor near?

I am 34 weeks and 4 days with my second baby. I have been having pelvic pressure for a week and today I can totally tell that he is engaged. I feel like something is inside my vagina. I am hurting around my tail bone and thighs. I don't feel any contractions however when I am standing or walking it feels like something is going to pop because of the pressure. I have heard with second babies this doesn't happen until closer to labor. Could this mean labor coming for me soon? I hate to call the ob sometimes I feel so stupid. Please help!
Shawna

Old 03-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mjbrandon HB User
Re: Baby dropped at 34 weeks. Labor near?

Did you go into labor early with your first? I have definitely read that you are suppose to drop late in your second and following pregnancies, but I wonder if that is a fact, or if it is just how it happens in most second pregnancies.

I hate sounding silly to my doctor too, but my DH always reminds me that they get paid good money (really good!) to deal with paranoid mom's like us! So take advantage of your doc and give him a call. I doubt you will regret it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

Wow first off i have to say you seem pretty calm!! I'd be freaking out..LoL..I'd call labor and delivery and see what they say. They might want you to go in and get checked just to make sure. And just remember every woman is different some drop early and have their multiples early and some later. Just all depends on your body and the baby.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

I actually had some preterm labor at 34 weeks with #1 it was stopped and he was born at 38 weeks. I don't really feel any contractions or i don't have differernt discharge. I know this is gross but this last week since the pressure I am having frequent loose bowel movements(TMI sorry) it is not diahrrea but going from constipated to this is deffinately weird. I am so achy in my hips!
Shawna

Old 03-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Without a doubt, since you've experienced pre-term labor before, CALL YOUR DOCTOR and ask to speak to the nurse (say it's an emergency) or call L&D at the hospital where you plan to deliver. It could be happening again with this baby. What you've described could be early labor and you need to be checked today by some doctor or L&D nurse.

You don't want to wish you had. I'm with your DH - the doctors get paid good money to take care of you and your baby and they cannot do that if you don't tell them what is happening.

Wishing you well - now CALL! Barbara

Old 03-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
(female)

shawnaslover HB User

What makes me feel so stupied is 2 days ago I had an app with the ob. I told him of this pressure and he said it is very common in 2nd pregnancys. He did not check me or anything. Today the pressure is much worse. Do you think this is really common with #2. I am going to call now.
Shawna

Old 03-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

The change in your BM's has me wondering, since I was just reading symptoms of preterm labor (like 20 minutes ago) can include increased intestinal movement/cramping/BM's--so I agree it's at least worth a call. Better to be safe (and maybe feel stupid) than sorry. Good luck!

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User

i've been feeling the same way. but my son flipped in ready position about 3 weeks ago and i'm just now 31w4d. i've just been trying to go with the flow. i always stress this to women: if you want to call your ob, don't feel ashamed or embarrassed. their job is to be there for you. their used to it. they've heard it all. don't feel stupid. this is your baby, your pregnancy. take charge and don't be scared. you're supposed to be concerned and your ob knows this. if you want to call 'em, call 'em! i call everytime i feel like it and i don't get any negativity from it. plus once you do call, you'll feel so much more at ease.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
(female)

emma3rd HB User
Smile Re: Baby dropped at 34 weeks. Labor near?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnaslover View Post
I am 34 weeks and 4 days with my second baby. I have been having pelvic pressure for a week and today I can totally tell that he is engaged. I feel like something is inside my vagina. I am hurting around my tail bone and thighs. I don't feel any contractions however when I am standing or walking it feels like something is going to pop because of the pressure. I have heard with second babies this doesn't happen until closer to labor. Could this mean labor coming for me soon? I hate to call the ob sometimes I feel so stupid. Please help!
Shawna
Hi shawna
im also 34 & 4.
last week i was in hospital with the same problem they told me im in slow labour and it can go on for a few weeks but they also told me if i get any pains no matter how small they are to go in straight away because she is engaged that if the waters go she can come with the waters. at the moment the pressure is so bad i feel like im sitting on her but they told me im not and she is safe. i also got steriods for her a few weeks ago in case she came early but now im at this stage i dont because she has matured they put weight on from now on. so dont worry yourself if your baby is ready nothing can be done to stop it, but rest as much as you can to try avoid it in the mean time good luck and enjoy your baby.

Closed Thread