It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
(female)

MaryChaos HB User
Sleeping on belly?

I have a good question...

How far along should it be before I start HAVING to sleep on my side and not my belly? I don't want to squish my baby!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User
Re: Sleeping on belly?

the "rule" from what i was told and have heard from several sources say 5 months. but i know of some that didn't start until later. i decided very early on to start practicing sleeping on my side b/c i have always been so devoted to my belly sleep. it really helped b/c now that i'm 33 weeks, it's not so bad. don't get me wrong, i would love to sleep on my belly but i really feel like the practice helped me get used to it and not be so uncomfortable now. also, your left side is not a must but is considered better than your right b/c of the weight on your vena cava (main vein in torso). i switch back and forth. plus i might mention that the inventor of the body pillow is a genius! good luck with the transition!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User

lol, i used to be a major belly sleeper befor i had my first that was back almost 6 years ago, but as soon as i started feeling the baby (24 weeks) i was so worryed about squishing him that i slep in a recliner or leaned up on alot of pillows with my belly but i was totally off the belly sleeping by 6 months, sadly i was not able to sleep on my belly after that, through my second baby, and all the way up to a year ago, my bf started laying on my back so i could get used to sleeping on my tummy, by my request,lol. and just as i started enjoying sleeping on my tummy, i found out i was prego, im now 26w/3d along, but have found that i can lay half on a fluffy bod pillow and half on my tummy and be comfy, though im alot bigger with this one after going through not sleeping on your belly i hope you can go back to it, but it may take awhile, i would say 5 months would be a good time to start side sleeping

Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

I still sleep halfway on my belly (purely by accident, it's how I wake up) and I am going on 8 months. But it's best to train yourself early! Ha Ha. But don't get too excited after having the baby because your breasts will hurt too much to sleep on your belly after the birth as well! Even though I didn't breastfeed, I still have to wait out the milk and boy did they hurt

Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

It all depends on you. I know they say a certain amount of months but if you still feel comfortable go for it. I know with DS i did just about my full pregnancy, and now this one, I still semi sleep on my stomach, sometimes it's the only way that i can get comfortable. I didn't do any damage to DS and I have noticed if my lil bean gets uncomfortable I will get kicked and than I know I need to try and get comfy in a totally different position and that takes FOREVER!!! LoL. But yea just do it until your not comfortable anymore I think it's really a personal choice.

Closed Thread