It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User
Unhappy Weird feelings

I was wondering if anyone else got these strange feelings. Since last night I've been getting these sharp stomach pains. They almost feel like my insides are going to pop out through my belly button. I've also been getting a lightheaded feeling. It almost feels like everything around me in fake...kind of like I'm in a dream. Now I'm getting this raspy sound and feeling in my chest. I feel like I have to cough, but nothing is helping it. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me if it may be indigestion. That is the only thing that I could think it would be. I called my doctor, but they didn't seem concerned, but I only told them about my stomach pains. Sorry if I'm rambling, I get worried easily.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User
Re: Weird feelings

the belly pain sounds just like round ligament pain. almost all pregnant women get that. the weird dazed feelings sound like hormonal effects. in case you are not aware, the round ligament is what holds the uterus in place. your belly is stretching and growing so this ligament does the same. everything you described sounds perfectly normal. it's ok to get worried. good mommies do!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

I agree it sounds like ligament pain. I would call and mention the faint feeling to your doctor. Could you be dehydrated? They always ask when I have to go to the ER, if I have been feeling lightheaded or dizzy. I would mention it and see if they could help put your mind at ease. Try Tylenol for the ligament pain and get off you feet if it really hurts.

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

How far along are you? I was having sharp pains in my stomach, and lower belly, and at first thought I just had some bad gas, and went to the dr. and found out i was having contractions. My doc told me as long as its not for more than a few hours at a time, then its normal. I'm 25 weeks, almost 26, so maybe you could just be having them too. Also my doc said to drink TONS of water, and make sure you always empty your bladder, these can make you have contractions too.. or if the baby is just especially playful one day! lol

Old 04-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User

I'm only 18 weeks and 2 days. Even to move or eat hurts one little spot on my stomach under my right breast. It even hurts to touch that spot. Could it just be that all of my intestines and things are moving to make room? Cuz now I've been getting chest pains and I'm only 23 and I know my heart is in excellent shape. I just feel crazy

Old 04-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

I have that too. Certain spots on my uterus will hurt really bad. They told me it was the round ligament pain. The weird feeling you are describing sounds exactly like an anxiety attack to me. You are prob. nervous about all of this, especially the weird pains. Add that to your hormones being all whacked = anxiety. The feeling of everything being fake, is a classic panic attack symptom. Finally, the raspy feeling in your chest. With pg you get a little more mucusy. That can drain into your lungs and give you a bit of congestion. Try a hot steam shower.
All sounds fine to me. Of course talk to your OB about any concerns you have.

Closed Thread