It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

dawsons_mom HB User
Question no weight gain?!

hello ladies
well i am officially 13 weeks, so according to all the books im supposed to get this big energy surge! hasnt happend yet but im hopeful! ive been a little worried though, when i went to my first ob appt i was 5 wks and i was 116 lbs. at my last appt i was 10 wks and i was 114 lbs, today i checked and im 113lbs. it seems like im slowly loosing weight and i can tell my belly is not growing im so confused because im eating all the time,and taking my vitamins, is anyone else having this problem? or am i just paranoid?!

thanks -val

Old 04-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User
Re: no weight gain?!

well i cant speak for your body or anyone elses, but my wieght has gone up and down through this hole pregnancy, in the begining i didnt gain any wieght, in fact, i lost 7 lbs, now it has been fluctuating every time i gain 5 lbs i lose 2 or 3... i am 7 months now and have gained aroud 20 lbs, i think it realy depends on how active you are, how much and of what you eat, and yours and your babys matabolism... also, i didnt start really gaining weight till about 19 or 20 weeks dont worry youll soon be dreading the scale like the rest of us

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User

My first 15 weeks I lost a total of 11 lbs!!! And now at 26 weeks, I've gained it back plus about 11 more lbs. so I'm only 11 lbs over my prepregnancy weight. And my belly popped out fast, and now its been the same size forever!! haha But I'm healthy and so is the baby, and that's all that matters!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

For me, at 12 weeks, I was down 10lbs from pre-pregnancy weight! I had bad m/s, did you? I also haven't gained too much, maybe 6 lbs, and I'm 21 weeks. the baby is fine, and she's healthy and strong. I wouldn't worry, plus, you can't compare weights that were measured on a different scale, you never know how many lbs either is off by.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
(female)

dawsons_mom HB User

no i didnt have ms, I havent thrown up once lucky me! haha as soon as i say that ill start getting sick

Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

I also lost weight in my first tri, but only 2 pounds. At my appointment when I was exactly 13 weeks I still hadn't gained a thing, at my appointment when I was exactly 17 weeks I had gained about 5 lbs. I was also quite sick with m/s and actually surprised I didn't loose more! Don't worry, you will start gaining.
Also, as far as the energy surge, I never got one! I am 18 weeks now and still feel tired. At one point a couple of weeks ago I was practically dragging and found out I was anemic. Since taking the iron I feel better but still so surge of energy

Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delia79 HB User

Meggs,
You are anemic too? I found out at about 24 or 25 weeks that I was anemic. They gave me iron supplements, but I haven't noticed an increase in energy either. Of course I am now in my third trimester, so that could have something to do with it. I can't believe you are already 18 weeks. Congratulations!!! It seems to go by so fast.

As far as the weight gain goes, I can't help anyone with that. I have gained 22 pounds! But I am 28 weeks, so my doctor says I am right on track and my little girl and I are doing great. I never had any m/s though, so maybe that is why I never had a problem gaining the weight. I had a head start.

Last edited by Delia79; 04-12-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User

i am 35w3d and have never had the energy surge that some books say are common. i've been exhausted the entire time i've been pregnant. all women are different. it's ok not to have ALL the symptoms the books say...lucky you on the weight gain thing! i've gained almost 50lbs.! but i don't mind, we're healthy as can be!

Old 04-14-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

I also understand your concern. I am 24 weeks and have only gained maybe 6-7 pounds the entire time! I lost 2 pounds in the first trimester. Then didn't start gaining anything until around 15-16 weeks. Now it's slowwwww gain. My doctor wants me to eat more, but I already eat quite a lot. But luckily, the baby is measuring normal size (actually a little big). Still I'm trying to eat more food, but it's hard with my active job and heartburn problems. But I'm sure the weight gain will come for you too!

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Old 04-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
(female)

k_c_lady HB User

I lost 20 lbs when I was pregnant with my son. I was very sick. If the docs are telling you it's okay, don't worry. I was so small, at 8 1/2 months you couldn't even tell I was prego with a baggy shirt on. I was still in my normal stretchy jeans. The down side of that was my son only weighed 5.4 pounds. Best of luck.
Kiesha

Closed Thread