It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

mllandbal HB User
Severe Swelling and Numbness with Pregnancy

I am 22 weeks pregnant i have had three other children but have never had symptoms i am having now,my doctor doesnt seemed concerned but it is scaring me..i keep having severe swelling in my right arm and hand an sometimes my fingers go numb too...it does it while i am sleeping and i wake up that way and sometimes it does it as soon as i stand up in the morning and start to walk around..my legs and feet tend to swell and turn bright red or purplish colored when i am on my feet for more than an hour but this doesnt seem to concern him either but i had that with my other pregnancys just not the arm and hand swelling with the numbness and i woke up yesterday morning and it was swelled worse than ever but i not only had the swelling and numbness but my whole hadn felt like pure ice like there was no life in it.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User
Re: Severe Swelling and Numbness with Pregnancy

I had similar symptoms with my first pregnancy around 30 weeks. I gained 8 lbs in one week (all water). My hands and arms, legs and feet swelled really badly. I had pre-eclampsia. My dr put me on bedrest for a few days and it all went away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User

oh lord! i know EXACTLY how you feel! i've been having the same issues since i was about 2o weeks..i think, it's been so long. i'm now 39w2d. it's carpal tunnel syndrome. my ob says it's very common during pregnancy and goes away after delivery. it's by far the WORST thing i've had to deal with this entire pregnancy! way worse than morning sickness, fatigue, and all of that! i've been in tears several times from the discomfort, pain, redness, and numbness. not to mention sleepless nights b/c it acts up worse when i'm trying to sleep between going to pee10 times a night! i bought wrist braces that hepled some but honestly nothing makes it stop completely. all i can say is i know how you feel all too well and this carpal tunnel is the main reason i cannot wait to have my son so my hands and arms can feel normal again.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

I am also 22 weeks, and I haven't had the severe swelling with purple-ness and red-ness, but I wake up in the night and my left arm, hand, and fingers are completely numb.
Let me know if you find out what is causing this!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LotusAwakening HB User

i can almost promise that the numbness is carpal tunnel syndrome....as for the swelling that could be normal just watch the blood pressure.

Closed Thread