It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

halfpint27 HB User
Question worried about thinning cervix only 23 weeks

i went to the hospital on the 25 bacouse i was cramping and having contractions well thay took a urine sample and told me i was dehyidratied and i had a bladder infection thats why i was cramping so bad and having contractions thay gave me a I.V. with flouid in it to rehyidrat me thay checked my cervix and said nothing had changed and sent me home thay forget my med. for my infection the cramps eased dawn over the weekind than on the 28 i started cramping real bad again so i went back i saw a diffrent doctor this time thay told me i was still a little dehyidraited and stillhad a bladder infection and gev me som med. for it and thay checked my cervix again and said it had thinned out 50%. I know the cramping was from being dehyiratied and having a infection i'm taking care of it i never heard of this before but thair doctors thay went to school for this stuff but some of my friends told my husdand that its not good that i'm 50% thinned all ready and i'm only 23 weeks that means i could go into preturm lador with in the next 2 weeks or sooner and thay should of kepted me in the hospital and put me on bed rest and if somthing happens to the baby bacouse or this we could sue the hospital is all of this true and should i be worred??? i cant see my doc. tell june 8th.thir booked until then. also my stomich has ben getting hard for about 1/2 a min. and geting soft twice every 30 min. thay arnt painfull except once in awile is this just braxtion hix or what?? IF SOMEONE KNOWS ANYTHING ADOUT THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP THANK YOU....

Last edited by halfpint27; 05-31-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: forgot to add somthing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
Re: worried about thinning cervix only 23 weeks

I have been having pre term labor since I'm 20 weeks, not from a bladder infection or dehydration though, I have been on meds to control the contractions (which I just went off of at 36 weeks). I was 75% effaced since week 22 and was put on bed rest only to get up to use the bathroom & shower every other day. I would seriously talk to my Dr about this. There is also a test called a Fetal Fibernectin (sp??) FFN, it is basically a predictor test, it gives the Dr an idea if you are at risk of going into pre-term labor within 2 weeks. I would definately get that test, I had it done every 2 weeks until I hit 32 weeks.
Please keep us posted. Hope all stays calm for you.
-Sweet

Old 05-31-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
(female)

halfpint27 HB User

thank you for the advice. i guess the hospital is wating for the my clinic to see me so thay can see what needs to be donei go to the obgyn clnic at my local hospital a lote of people i talked to said thay know people like me and i've red storyes adout people who whad the same problem i do and thay said thay got put on bed rest for the rest of thir pregancy or thay got amedited into the hospital i guess only the clnic i see can be the only one to do that? i will keep you all updated.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

If your cervix has thinned that much ad you're having contractions (that's what the tightening is) you need to call your doctor, or get back to the ER. Having a preemie is not something you want to experience. My ds was born at 24 weeks. It is a living hell to go through.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
(female)

halfpint27 HB User

I'v went in twice to the lador and delivary once on the 25 and once on the 28 and both times thay cent me home so it would do me any good to go back pluse the health deparment is going to set me up a app. with a speachealest doc. thank for the advice. also thay told me that the cramps and contractions warnt from lador thay were from being dehyidraied i dont dont know i dont cramp once in awile now and i fill my stomich gets tight 3 times a day I'm conffusied everybody tells me thay should have put me on bed rest people i talk to on the inernet tell me the same thing thay should of done more than what thay did i dont know thair doctors so i assumied thay new what was best for the situation but now i dont know? my doc cant see me till the 8 bacouse he's booked up .

Last edited by halfpint27; 06-01-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: i forgot to add somthing

Old 06-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heyknack HB User

I had preterm labor at 25 weeks, having contractions (every 5 minutes) and they also said I was dehydrated. They told me if you're having more than 4-6 contractions (the tightening), even if braxton hicks contractions, in one hour that it needs to be taken seriously. They told me to immediately rest, put my feet up, drink 4 glasses of water (at least). If the contractions continue after another hour that I should go to the ER, or call the office. After that, I only had one other experience where I was having too many contractions and when I did all the things they recommended, the contractions stopped again. I have been much better too about drinking the 64 oz. of water a day too, so I think that has helped overall. Are you now trying to stay well hydrated? I carry a water bottle with me literally everywhere, even to parties or the doctors office.
I do agree though, it seems to me if you are already having cervical thinning along with the contractions that you should be bedrested, but I'm not the doctor. Have you asked the doctor's office this over the phone? I can't understand making you wait until June 8th!!
I think the best thing you can do is to bedrest yourself for now (as much as possible) and drink 8 glasses of water a day minimum. And if the contractions are ever more than 4-6 in an hour and continue, you need to go back to the ER.
Good luck!

DD, conceived after infertility (3rd IUI), Born July 2007
Baby #2, conceived naturally! EDD March 16, 2009

Old 06-02-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

Call your doctors nurse and explain that you are concerned about the thinning and wondering if you should be taking it easy. See what she says. I wonder what they have written in your chart. When you finally go in. Drink more water than you ever have in your life. Then they can't blame it on the dehydration and may take you more seriously.

I have had a lot of BH contractions since 20 weeks, but they were/are not making my cervix thin. I am 35 weeks and my cervix is still very thick. If it keeps going at this pace, and the nurse is not helpful, then go to the ER. Get a different doctors perspective.

Closed Thread