It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
37+wks-mucus plug-labor-??'s :)

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. I suppose I am asking questions for moms who already have children... from your experience, what came first before labor? Mucus plug? Breaking the water? Contractions?
I have been losing my mucus plug now for 4 days. I go to a practice of 5 DR's & 4 days ago I saw a Dr I have never seen before, she told me I am 100% effaced and about 2-3cm dialated, I went back to the Dr Monday for my sono, and my regular Dr told me I am still the same 1cm dialted that I have been & about 90% effaced... GEEZ!! I was so excited! He also told me that losing my mucus plug basically means nothing to him that it means I MAY go into labor in the next 2 weeks, and if I want to try and induce my own labor to drink caster oil (yuck, no thanks). My baby measured 7 1/2 lbs too!
I am very thankful to have made it this far into pregnancy, I went into pre-term labor at 22 wks & was on bed rest for 14 wks & medication to control the contractions. Now that I'm off all of it, I stopped having as many contractions, and I can't go into labor!! I can't believe I am walking around with a 7lb baby in my belly, my belly is enormous & the fact that I am such a small person to begin with, people always have something to say about it, even at the Dr's office where they see this every day!!
So basically I am curious to know, did ANYTHING work for you to get the labor moving? Does walking really help?
Thanks for reading this long post & for any replies!!!
-Sweet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
(female)

alpdance HB User
Re: 37+wks-mucus plug-labor-??'s :)

I tried walking and walking with both my previous pregnancies, and I don't think it necessarily "worked", but it is good exercise and it makes you feel like you are doing something (when in reality there is not a whole lot that you can do). With my first, my water broke followed by the start of contractions. I was four days late. With my second, the midwife stripped my membranes (kind of like scraping at the bag of waters, not breaking it) and I went into labor about a day and a half later. I was 2 days late that time. So I know what it is like at the end of pregnancy just wanting things to get moving! The midwives did also suggest castor oil (I've heard too many bad stories about this to try it) and also having sex (which I personally was in no mood or condition to do, but if you are, why not?). Good luck to you!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Im 39w, 40w tomorrow.....and have been 3cm dialated and %75 effaced now for 3 weeks.....had my membranes stripped at my appt last week...and lost my mucous plug completely Memorial Weekend - NOTHIN yet! lol....this is my 3rd pg and both my other 2 were on time babies, this one refuses to leave evidently, lol. Soooooo my induction date is Thursday and the doctor suggested having some sex. While I feel HUGE I just may have to conivince him to finish what he started, lol!! Ive also read that raspberry leaf tea works too.

Good luck!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

I can't even imagine going another 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

I turned 36 weeks yesterday and I am already just dying for this little one to come out. At my appointment last week Dr told me I was 1-1.5 cm dialated and my cervix was incredibly soft. I know I still have 4 weeks until my due date but I think it would just be so considerate of my peanut to come early for it's mommy!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

lol, I'm right there with you E1979, I keep thinking MAYBE today? Problem is I've been 75% effaced since week 22, since off bed rest (1 week now), I am now 90% effaced, but it all means NADA unless you dialate! I went out and bought Raspberry tea, I know it won't work, but neither will caster oil, so if I am going to try a method that won't work, it might as well taste good!

Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet73 View Post
I can't even imagine going another 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!! Its been quite uncomfortable, I wont lie. Lots of cramping and pressure....I dont think this kid wants to come out.....already being a pain in my arse! LOL!

I plan to get some tea tonight as well. But Im with you....I doubt it will work, this kid is fixin to be a fighter I can already see! LOL!!

Good luck with the rest of your pg!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Last edited by klr2k; 06-05-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Closed Thread