It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

bgcmeg04 HB User
Exhausted, what's normal?

Hey Ladies - I am about 29wk2d and have been pretty tired throughout my pregnancy but the past few weeks or so I have been completely exhausted. I get to work at 8 and by 10 I am wiped out. I work at a camp with 5 year olds all day. My eyes get droopy and I feel like I got hit by a bus. Even on my days off it takes all my energy to just do housework. Does everyone get like this or is something wrong? I have been taking my prenatal everyday, trying to eat super healthy, and I sleep pretty good except for the occasional trip to the bathroom I am just wondering if this is normal or something is wrong with me.....

Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
(female)

alpdance HB User
Re: Exhausted, what's normal?

I think it sounds pretty normal to me. Especially with your work situation...are you outside in the heat? That could definitely contribute to your exhaustion, as well as keeping up with the 5 yr olds all day! I stay at home with my 4 yr old and 2 yr old, and that is exhausting in itself too. I can't imagine working full time and then also doing all the cleaning and laundry. You're lucky you are still sleeping well, I am starting to be very uncomfortable in bed and unable to sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time. (I am 28 weeks) I think extreme fatigue can be a sign of anemia, so I guess it's a good idea to mention it at your next appt. But from what you describe it sounds like exhaustion can be expected in your case. Good luck to you...your due date must be really close to mine (9/19) it seems like it's never going to get here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

megss HB User

OMG I was thinking about starting a thread about this too! I am 29w 4d and in your exact same situation. I am so tired I can hardly function some days. I too work full time and am on my feet a good part of the day, but I make sure to take plenty of breaks. I have been anemic this pregnancy, but since being on iron supplements it has improved. I just had my levels checked a week and a half ago and it was 11 point something, so a tiny bit low (normal is 12ish and up) but nothing to be concerned about. So it couldn't be that either This past weekend I slept a lot, and I hate it! Even with extra sleep I am still utterly exhausted. And I am getting some exercise ..nothing major though....
All I can guess is that this is normal, since we are both at the same stage in our pregnancies. Hopefully we will feel better soon!

Old 07-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there,

I had the SAME question when I was about 28-29 weeks along! I felt like I should be less tired when only I was getting more and more exhausted. I agree that part of it could be your job. I worked up until 35.5 weeks as a preschool special needs teacher (thank goodness for summer break!!) and woudl come home EXHAUSTED!!!!

I'm not 38.5 weeks and the exhaustion comes and goes. In between my spurts of exhaustion I am like a maniac...cleaning, walking, grocery shopping, etc. I just want to go go go go go...and then I drop!!

Good luck to you in the final weeks of pregnancy!!

Sarah

Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi -

The only way I made it was to take a nap when I got home from work. For our first baby, I could nap as long as I chose to. He was almost 4 years old when I was pg again, so I'd put the TV on a 1 hour cartoon show he liked and would nap on the couch in the same room. He loved being my "alarm clock" and sweetly awakened me when the cartoons were over. I was a better wife and mommy during the evenings thanks to that hour of rest. I recommend it!!

Wishing you all well! Barbara

Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Amy 333 HB User

I am only 5 weeks along and exhausted . I work full time in a local hospital and part time in a private hospital.I also cook clean etc.
Yesterday i gave my notice for the part time job.....though i have to work this roster which is for another 2 weeks.
However i would like to keep my full time job. Though i don t know if i ll manage. I work 7 hr shift 5 day week. Lucily no nights but by the 3rd hr i am too tired.

I really hope that i get some energy back......is it normal to be sooo tired so early?

Amy

Closed Thread