It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User
Mucus Plug?? Brown Blood??

Hi all,

I am 39w1d, due next Wednesday with my first baby...and (sorry, TMI) when I went to the restroom a little while ago I noticed more discharge than usual, and it was very "gooey" and it there was some brown blood in it. I had always been told that the mucus plus was assocated with red blood...but I'm a little concerned about the brown blood...any ideas as to what this could be? My mucus plug/blood show starting? Or just a fluke? I've put a call in to my doctor because he said if there was any blood to call right away...I don't even know if this qualifies as blood. It wasn't a lot, and it was definitly the color of "old" blood...maybe I'm just making too much out of nothing, I was just curious if anybody had experienced this or had any thoughts as to what could have caused it...

Sarah

Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

leec41604 HB User
Re: Mucus Plug?? Brown Blood??

sounds like the mucus plug to me...that's pretty much what mine looked like the way you described it. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

srivera HB User

Sarah I still swear up and down you and my wife are pregnancy twins. She lost her plug today with brown blood, and I have read it can be brown, pink, or red blood with it. All is normal.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Thanks for the replies you two! Srivera- your wife and I do have a tendency to do things on the same day at the same time! Maybe everybody has a pregnancy twin! How funny would it be if we delivered on the same day! I know everybody around here is pulling for me to deliver tomorrow, and I know you are hoping your wife will deliver tomorrow too (7-7-07)...I don't think it'll happen, but everybody else is hoping for it!!

Sarah

Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
(female)

My5Cats HB User

When the first part of my mucous plug came out it was a big brown chunk. I didn't thik it was supposed to be brown so I left an urgent message with my doc. and her nurse called back (lauging because I sounded so frantic) and said that's what it's supposed to look like, and that meant it was definately my plug and not something else, lol. Now I have talked to alot of people whose plug came out brown.

Diana

Old 07-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #6
(female)

Candy_Girl HB User

Sarah - the brown blood is the oldest, pink means delivery is closer and red means it's time. Oldest to freshest - sort of like the menstrual cycle. Your body is just clearing out the old stuff in preparation for labour.... must mean you're getting close!! With DD it all happened within 3 hours of delivery - brown to pink to red.

Candy

Closed Thread