It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

cjwilson80 HB User
Exclamation dark-red / maroon spotting?

I am 5 weeks and 6 days prego...

So I went to the restroom last night and noticed some dark-red / maroonish blood mixed in with the 'normal' brown spotting that I had been having since before I found out I was prego.

Anyway, it concerned me a little because I've heard that brown blood = old blood and that's ok. However, red or pink is not so 'ok.'

I called my doctor's office and the nurse asked me if I had 'relations' any time soon... and I did on Wednesday. She said that the cervix is very sensitive during this time and that could have caused the reddish blood I see now.

Anyone else experience this??? I could just be freaking over nothing but I'm concerned.

Also - there is no real severe cramping. The cramping I feel is no worse than it has been and it comes and goes.

Thanks,
Court

Last edited by cjwilson80; 07-06-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User
Re: dark-red / maroon spotting?

Hi there,

I had a similar experience. I was so paranoid in the beginning, checking for blood EVERYTIME I went to the restroom, so I was horrified around 7 weeks when I went to the bathroom and had some red spotting. Nothing substantial, only when I wiped, but it scared me to death.

I called the doctor, and they also asked if DH & I had had intercourse, we had about 12 hours before the spotting started, they said they were sure that was what it was...I went in the next week and everything turnd out to be fine. The spotting ended that night, and it was not paired with any cramping.

I did have several other points of bleeding throughout my pregnancy (some with quite a bit of bleeding that had me rushed to the ER on more than on occassion), but I'm happy to report that I'm 39w2d and ready to have a bouncy baby girl any day now!

Good luck to you and your baby!
Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User
Re: dark-red / maroon spotting?

The same thing happened to me with my 1st pregnancy at around 15 weeks, the night I had intercourse I was wiping BRIGHT red blood and I was terrified. What made it worse was that I live in WA and was on vacation in CA and couldn't get to a Dr. and I'm on state medical so I didn't have the money to pay...what a nightmare! So I was able to talk to my nurse at my Dr. office and she said as long as there's no cramps I should be fine. The day we flew in we went straight to the Dr. office and they did a u/s to see and they said everything is fine and they even told us we were having a girl!

my guess is that your cervix was "manipulated" as my Dr. would put it and you may have just bled after intercourse. If it conitnues for more than a day I think you should get checked, or whenever your Dr. said is normal. Keep us posted!

Closed Thread