It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

LittleMissPgt HB User
Question Pregnant and Upset

Hi All,

Im new to this board and im just seeking some answers from a few of you that might have been in my shoes when it comes to this situation.

Friday the 6th I found out I was pregnant and so far with my hcg level testing my level is doubling as it should (the last test on thursday stating my level was at 2,178) but today (friday) i had my ultrasound ( my hcg levels are saying im about 5 weeks pregnant while my calculation from my last period say im 6 weeks) and they could see nothing on the monitor besides a sac. Is it possible to see only a sac at 5 weeks? If i dont see something by my ultrasound next friday should i be concerned?

My doctor doesnt seem to be alarmed, he said i have a 70 percent chance right now of having a healthy pregnancy and a 30 percent chance of miscarrying and those odds would change when he read my new ultrasound results next friday.

Im a internet feind and Ive been reading everything i possibly can and i think it has me scared witless and im pretty worried that i could be dealing with a blighted ovum or something. I've gotten myself all worked up and im just upset so any answers would be greatly appreciated...Thank you all sooo much!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
(female)

ivana27 HB User
Re: Pregnant and Upset

Hi,
I only saw a sac at 5 weeks (from my last period) and at 7 weeks I saw my baby happy and with a heartbeat.
The way doctors count pregnancy since the date of your last period is confusing because you might have ovulated later than you think. If the actual conception occured later the baby would be too small to be seen so early on.
Your HCG level is doubling, so try not to worry, repet the ultrasound and remember that there could be other explanations, such as the one above.
I hope it's not a blighted ovum, I was also worried about that before I actually saw the beanie on the monitor. My husband said I should have restricted internet access
Good luck,
Ivana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I know how you feel! I just had an u/s today (I am also 5 weeks, almost 6 weeks) and all that could be seen was the sac. No heartbeat yet. I'm trying not to freak as she said sometimes it can be seen this early and sometimes it can't. Most likely they will do another one in a week or two to make sure everything is okay. It is hard in the beginning to not worry about m/c, I'll be honest, I am so nervous all the time and I check the tp everytime I wipe!

That is good your hcg levels are up though, so far it means things are healthy. The u/s tech also told me today that even though she only saw the sac things are still good so far. I hope you get the reassurance you need soon with another u/s.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:41 AM   #4
(female)

LittleMissPgt HB User

Thank you sooo much for your replies. I feel better knowing that im not the only one who has experienced this but i wont feel 100% until I actually see signs of a fetus. thank you!!

Closed Thread