It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jeffersonville,Indiana
Posts: 2
LittleMissPgt HB User
Question Pregnant and Upset

Hi All,

Im new to this board and im just seeking some answers from a few of you that might have been in my shoes when it comes to this situation.


Friday the 6th I found out I was pregnant and so far with my hcg level testing my level is doubling as it should (the last test on thursday stating my level was at 2,178) but today (friday) i had my ultrasound ( my hcg levels are saying im about 5 weeks pregnant while my calculation from my last period say im 6 weeks) and they could see nothing on the monitor besides a sac. Is it possible to see only a sac at 5 weeks? If i dont see something by my ultrasound next friday should i be concerned?

My doctor doesnt seem to be alarmed, he said i have a 70 percent chance right now of having a healthy pregnancy and a 30 percent chance of miscarrying and those odds would change when he read my new ultrasound results next friday.

Im a internet feind and Ive been reading everything i possibly can and i think it has me scared witless and im pretty worried that i could be dealing with a blighted ovum or something. I've gotten myself all worked up and im just upset so any answers would be greatly appreciated...Thank you all sooo much!

 
Old 07-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: xxxxx
Posts: 143
ivana27 HB User
Re: Pregnant and Upset

Hi,
I only saw a sac at 5 weeks (from my last period) and at 7 weeks I saw my baby happy and with a heartbeat.
The way doctors count pregnancy since the date of your last period is confusing because you might have ovulated later than you think. If the actual conception occured later the baby would be too small to be seen so early on.
Your HCG level is doubling, so try not to worry, repet the ultrasound and remember that there could be other explanations, such as the one above.
I hope it's not a blighted ovum, I was also worried about that before I actually saw the beanie on the monitor. My husband said I should have restricted internet access
Good luck,
Ivana

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 895
Brooke85 HB User
Re: Pregnant and Upset

I know how you feel! I just had an u/s today (I am also 5 weeks, almost 6 weeks) and all that could be seen was the sac. No heartbeat yet. I'm trying not to freak as she said sometimes it can be seen this early and sometimes it can't. Most likely they will do another one in a week or two to make sure everything is okay. It is hard in the beginning to not worry about m/c, I'll be honest, I am so nervous all the time and I check the tp everytime I wipe!

That is good your hcg levels are up though, so far it means things are healthy. The u/s tech also told me today that even though she only saw the sac things are still good so far. I hope you get the reassurance you need soon with another u/s.

 
Old 07-15-2007, 05:41 AM   #4
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jeffersonville,Indiana
Posts: 2
LittleMissPgt HB User
Re: Pregnant and Upset

Thank you sooo much for your replies. I feel better knowing that im not the only one who has experienced this but i wont feel 100% until I actually see signs of a fetus. thank you!!
__________________
A girl should be two things...Classy and Fabulous-CoCo Chanel

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
12 weeks pregnant just diagnosed with HGSIL with gland involvement marie211979 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 5 04-24-2010 10:34 AM
just wanted to vent. lindsjean Trying to Conceive (TTC) 1 12-22-2007 06:07 PM
Over 40 and Pregnant JaneKaye Pregnancy 3 07-02-2007 06:51 AM
SIL is pregnant...again deluka96 Infertility 5 01-05-2007 06:26 AM
Me and my partner have split-up + i'm 6 wk pregnant Nice_Girl84 Relationship Health 4 06-26-2006 08:36 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Seraph (6), cattieos (2), mumovhann (2), kittenkaboodle (2), Xkwizit (2), TwinMamma (2), quinyonna07 (2), Kali333 (2), hillarynotclinton (1), lovelyme (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1011), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (761), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!