It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

HappyMom2Be HB User
Question about mucus plug..

Hi all this is my first pregnancy so bear with me if this has been asked a zillion times but I went to the doc on Wednesday and she said I was 2cm dialated and 50% effaced. (I am 37 weeks pregnant). She also told me to watch for my mucus plug. Well today I notice that I have a lot of mucusy discharge. Its very very very thick and egg whiteish except I notice more of it when I pee. So its yellow. I can't tell if it was brown or what before I went potty. Could this be my mucus plug. All the websites I have looked at said it COULD be bloody show but nothing is for sure. I am not having regular contractions so I know all my doc will say is well thats good call if you have contractions..I was just curious to know if I need to really keep and eye out.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tiff24 HB User
Re: Question about mucus plug..

Oh yeah, that was your plug. When I lost mine, I lost it a little bit at a time and it was exactly like what you described.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
(female)

karen28 HB User

I lost my plug TWO WEEKS before I had my middle ds. I hope you don't have to wait that long, lol! From the other side (hospital side, that is), don't rush to the hospital and tell them, and please don't bring it with you! Just joking, most women don't do this, and I can kind of understand why, everything freaked me out when I was pregnant and it got a lot worse, not better, when I became a RN.

Usually, losing the plug is a good sign that labor is near, maybe not too near, maybe days, or even weeks before labor begins, but I have found most usually labor starts withing 1-7 days after loss of the plug. Lossing the plug means your early contractions are doing the job and dilating your cervix a bit, in prep for labor. Good luck, and hope you start labor soon!

Old 07-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
(female)

mumovhann HB User

Hi

Sounds like your mp. I didnt see mine with my first but this time when I went to the loo it was there in the loo, but I only noticed it because I was watching for it because I had had a membrane sweep two days earlier, otherwise I probably wouldnt have known. Except afterwards, my discharge turned from a creamy colour to a light brown colour, my labour started 9 hours later......GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there,

I started losing mine around 37 weeks...I thought i had lost it all, and then to my suprise about 3 days before I had my baby I lose another bit...this one was a brownish-blood tinged, so don't be suprised if there's still some to come out I was suprised and a bit nervous because I thought I had already lost it.

Good luck to you! Sounds like you're getting close!!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
(female)

HappyMom2Be HB User

Thank you all for your replies.. I am hoping it was the mucus plug but I still wanna wait til at least tomorrow night. Truthfully I have been having pains in my back and a LOT of braxton hicks(not painful but a tightening in my belly) so I am not sure if I am really gonna make it that far. I haven't said anything to my DH yet or my Mom who calls every few hours to ask if I am feeling anything. We will see though right maybe my birth story is next!

Closed Thread