It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

hope1215 HB User
Orgasms and pregnancy...

K, heres a personal question...

I have read mixed review on having an orgasm during pregnancy. After I have an orgasm my stomach hurts real bad and cramps a lot to where I'm saying owwww!!! And barrying my head in a pillow, but all my cramps are like this and they have cut down. I am only about 6 weeks pregnant, and last night I had sex and was very aroused, normally unusual for me, and after I orgasmed I felt crampage for almost an hour, I felt a stiffness that it hurt so bad that I couldnt move around comfortably on the bed to reposition myself to comfort.

I keep reading more about crampings and miscarriage, and I am getting scared.

I read that the uterus contracts during an orgasm but now that it's bigger its going to be much harder causing cramps.

I don't get to the doctors until August 1st, and this is my first time pregnancy.

I am going to pass on having an orgasm for now, until I do talk to my doctor.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bricely HB User
Re: Orgasms and pregnancy...

the doctor told me after you have an orgasm its like your having a contraction because your stomach and uterus tenses up, he told me and my friend not to have that much sex until after two month just to be on the safe side

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User

Sex during pregnancy is usually fine, and generally a very good thing! However, if you don't feel safe doing it, then don't. It's as simple as that.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that you're going to have a lot of cramping and discomfort that early in pregnancy regardless of whether or not you have sex and orgasm. Heck, for me, that's how I found out I was pregnant! Seriously, I wouldn't be concerned unless you are bleeding and, in that case, call your doctor even if you haven't been to see them yet. They'll be willing to talk to you about your concern.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
(female)

girlwitstyle HB User

This is reassuring for me to read. I have not had sex since being pregnant and to tell the truth, don't fancy it right now (as I feel too tired!) but the comment you made about the cramping makes me feel better. I've had horrible cramps for the full pregnancy, in week 10 now!

The cramping just stresses me out!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

hope1215 HB User

Thanks, I read somewhere that intercourse is good for the baby because seratonin I think is released a painkiller in the female body...And so the baby feeds off this and gets a "happy" feeling...

Anyone else hear this?

Old 07-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
(female)

FirstTymeMomma HB User

I straight up asked my OBgyn if it was safe and in anyway harmful to the baby... i was re-assured that the baby is safely in a lil "cacoon" type thing with lots of fluid protecting your lil one.

I had cramps until I was about 4 months. I'm almost 21 weeks now, and still get them but only about once a week!--

Good luck, and happy orgasming lol

Old 07-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #7
(female)

Estefani23 HB User

Hi. If you are cramping as bad as you say you are around your 6th week then you should stop sexual intercourse until your baby is safely thriving.

Im currently 38 weeks and when i was around the same weeks as you i had menstrual like cramps which my doctor said was normal since my uterus was streching.

The last time i had sexual intercourse and orgasm i started getting contraction that were really close but werent extremely painful. Painful yes! but not to the point where i thought THIS IS IT!

Ask your doctor. Most likely they'll say that it's normal, thats what EVERY doctor says about EVERYTHING, i personally think but if you dont feel right about what your feeling its better to be safe than sorry.

I wish you the best and good luck to ALL!

Closed Thread