It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User
~*~January Moms - August Thread~*~

Good morning ladies! Can you believe it is August already? Before we know it our babies will be here. Here is our EDD and birthday list:

Name - EDD - BD - Age

Viktorria - 12/30 - 4/14 - 29
AllisonFox - 1/2 - 2/15 - 22
sarawithnoH - 1/2 - 3/3 - 27
isobel23 - 1/4
MillaRose - 1/4 - 11/20 - 32
lucii - 1/5 - 10/18 - 27
sara26 - 1/7 - 1/13 - 26
weezerdog - 1/7 - 9/17 - 35
michellina124 - 1/8 - 1/24 - 39
LiseK - 1/9 - 3/20 - 34
heathergirl - 1/10 - 6/9 - 21
joemamma22 - 1/10 - 7/?? - 23
mybabes - 1/12 - 3/10 - 35
southern_belle - 1/12 - 2/21 - 29
bondgrll - 1/13 - 4/28 - 36 It's a boy!
momto4soon - 1/14 - 7/17 - 39
Trio - 1/14 - 1/11 - 38
Leela_C - 1/15 - 5/1 - 32
MSHekele - 1/18 - 12/16 - 31
Sillygirl554 - 1/20 - 9/13 - 27
j.p - 1/21 - 2/22 - 27
bxr35 - 1/23 - 3/19 - 25
Albertagirl - 1/24 - 12/?? - 33
ravaemarie - 1/28 - 7/10 - 32
BabyLove8 - 1/30 - 10/20 - 36

And our honorary February mom:
dina08 - 2/18 - 8/19 - 29

The following January moms did not post at all last month so please let us know if you're still with us here on this thread: sara26, michellina124, AllisonFox, j.p., mybabes, weezerdog, BabyLove8, MillaRose, isobel23, dina08.

I would like to add to the list whether it is a boy or a girl, so let me know if/when you find out! bondgrll - We're relying on your blood test, right?

So when is everyone's big ultrasound? And are you going to find out what you are having? My u/s is August 27th and we are definitely finding out, as long as the baby cooperates.

How has everyone been feeling? I'm still very exhausted. It is ridiculous! I can't stay awake much past 8:00 anymore. Forget trying to watch TV! I envy all of you that can exercise. I used to go to the gym 3 times a week before I got pregnant, and I haven't been since.

MSHekele - did you get any test results yet? I've been wondering how you're doing.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sarawithnoH HB User
Re: ~*~January Moms - August Thread~*~

I am still really tired a lot, but I have more good days than bad now. As long as I get enough iron, I'm feeling pretty good.

Our u/s is the 28th...I will be 22 weeks by then. Jeez this goes too fast. I don't think we are going to find out. We found out with the other 2 and dh really wants a surprise. We might change our minds by then, though.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
(female)

Albertagirl HB User

Hi there!

Well I am happy to say that I am feeling a whole lot better!!
Only in the last 3 days have I started even wanting to eat AND I am keeping everything down! Yahoo!!

Me and family went to a celebration 3 days ago and I got up the courage to try a european sausage, I ate the whole thing and then some and I was sooo happy about that!
My family thought it was funny and were joking around about how happy I was to have simply eaten a sausage but I was dead serious!!!

Boy! when you have been starving for sooo long and not being able to keep anything down I think its cause for celebration dont you?? lol

I am now 15 weeks AND I am 5 lbs below what I weighed BEFORE I got pregnant!!
I originally gained a few lbs then lost it all later.

Now I have no or little nausea and I finally have some energy to do things sooo I have to say I am excited!!

OH OH OH!!!
I started feeling movement just over a week ago and now its a lot stronger and non stop!
The little one is soo active and I am surprised by how strong the movements are aready!
Anybody else feeling movement???
Last week the Dr said that the baby was VERY active and healthy so far and that everything looked really good so I am so happy about that.

I hope that everyone is doing soo good also and that babies are strong and healthy!!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

Alberta, is this you first? My first was SO active and it was a boy. I've heard the old wives tales that boys are more active, so maybe it's true.

I have my u/s this Friday, can't wait! Keeping my fingers crossed for a girl this time (this baby is much less active than my son, so either it's a girl or just way more relaxed).

Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
(female)

Albertagirl HB User

Hi Viktorria,

No this isnt my first, I have 3 older children. 2 boys aged 9 and 12 and my darling daughter who is 3 1/2!!

I have quite a history, lol so this is not by far my first pregnancy.
With all 3 of my children they were all born via c-section so this next one will more than likely be delivered the same way as well.
I have been reading up on VBAC after multiple surgeries and it gives me hope, I wont get carried away with it if it is not possible for me but what a fantasy!! lol

I have also had 4 previous miscarriages, 3 were with singletons and 1 was with triplets, (till one "disolved") then twins so it has been one heck of a ride!!!

Thankfully this pregnancy is going very well besides the horrible nausea and vomiting I had been experiencing!!

Due to being how sick I was with this one I am starting to believe it is a girl!
My boys were wonderful pregnancies with minimal discomfort but with my daughter it was just pure horror for the first 5 months!!

Now I am happy to say that I have gotten past that part and am eating regularly and actually enjoying the food!! Yay!! lol

I wish you ladies and bumps all the best of luck health and happiness!!
Take care all!!

OH, Leela?
My birthdate is December 9th. The question mark within my info bugs me for some reason so hopefully this will fix that!! lol thanx a bunch!

Last edited by Albertagirl; 08-01-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertagirl View Post
OH, Leela?
My birthdate is December 9th. The question mark within my info bugs me for some reason so hopefully this will fix that!! lol thanx a bunch!
I fixed it! You must not have told us the date when we first started the thread??? It's all there now.

For those of you that won't be a SAHM, are any of you starting to look at daycares yet? I would love to stay home, but that just isn't feasible right now. We're going to check out a couple other daycares tomorrow. Everything in my area has a long wait so hopefully we'll find one we like!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sillygirl554 HB User

Hey ladies I was just wondering if any of you are showing yet or gaining any weight? I am 16 weeks and not showing at all. I have only gained 3 pounds which for me is good since I am over weight to begin with. I was just wondering if I am not showing yet because it is to early or if it is because I am over weight and it will take me longer to show. What do you all think?

Stephanie

Old 08-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #8
(female)

joemamma22 HB User

hello ladies,
YAY aug!!!!!!! i have an appt on the 7th and they said they may be abole to tell me the sex then but if not then, then they will scheduel me for another appt 2 weeks later to tell for sure. in a couple days i will be 18 weeks and i feel huge lol. my work clothes are getting a bit tight and they were very loose before i got pregnant. my belly button has started to shallow out . my little one moves every so often but it is still hard to feel (very light) most people say i look good for being as far alomg as i am but none of them see me with my clothes off lol. atleast its all for a good cause. i hope you are all doing well. God bless

Old 08-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
(female)

panic714 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillygirl554 View Post
I am 16 weeks and not showing at all. I have only gained 3 pounds which for me is good since I am over weight to begin with.

Stephanie

well excuseeee me mrs. ive only gained 3 pounds! i wish i can say that. im 17 1/2 weeks and ive gained i swear like 15 pounds already..i feel like a big heffer and i feel like i look like im 6 months pregnant. But yes darlin thats normal since you were a bit overweight to begin with that you arent gaining that much weight...but for me...its not normal, i started out at 170 (already an heffer) now im even bigger heffer ....or so i feel. i remember those days when i used to weigh like 120
i know weight isnt the most important thing, but it seems like the bigger i get the more i obsess about it.
The main thing here is ladies that we should all remember the health of our unborn babies and that is the most important thing!!!! Our weight will come and go!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Viktorria HB User

I had my ultra sound - it's a GIRL!!!!

I'm so excited! She seems very healthy and is definitely active. She has her feet positioned right on my bladder, guess that's why I have to pee so much! Yesterday my husband was finally able to feel her move. I've felt her for a few weeks, but it wasn't strong enough to feel on the outside.

I'm so glad to know that she's a girl and healthy. Now I can stop worrying about a boy name b/c I've had the girl name picked out for years! They said she's a little big, measuring about 10 days ahead of where I am, but since it's an IVF baby, no chance that my due date's wrong, she's just a big girl. My son was almost 9 lbs, so not surprising I guess.

I've gained about 7 lbs which my dr says is perfect. I definitely look pregnant though. I was about 120 pre-pregnancy and I definitely have a big belly now.

When will everyone else have u/s?

Old 08-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
(female)

bondgrll HB User

Hi girls, 17 weeks now and gained two pounds. But I'll tell you why....I am so concerned about the weight with my back and how it's already affecting the pain. I also have an OB who believes in a 15-20lb weight gain for normal weight women. He said that the guidelines will change next year. I just can't chance the pressure on my back. Pain is a great appetite suppressant. In other news...we're hiring an au pair in 6 weeks to help. I think she will be from Thailand. Next US will confirm blood test diagnosis of a boy. Should be in three weeks. Hope all is good.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

Viktorria - congratulations on your little girl! I have three more weeks to find out and the wait is driving me mad!

As far as the weight gain - I probably have all of you beat! I have gained about 17 pounds and I'm almost 17 weeks. I was dieting very strictly before my wedding in April (I got pregnant on my honeymoon) so I'm sure I would have gained some of this back anyway. I'm not going to obsess about it, though. I am on another message board and there were a lot of posts about weight gain last week and a lot of people got ticked off about them since it seemed like only the ones that hadn't gained any weight had posted. I know I have gained more than most, but I just can't get all crazy about it. I lost 25 pounds in 4 months before my wedding, so I know I can lose weight if I put my mind to it, and I will after the baby is born. Now is not the time to be dieting, that's for sure. I'm hungry all day long (LITERALLY!) and if I don't eat I get sick. I try to eat fruit for snacks, but sometimes I just want something else.

I don't know if I'm "showing" or if it is just fat, but my belly is definitely sticking out. I'm off to buy more maternity clothes today because I can't wear ANY of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I've been in maternity for a few weeks now and I wear the same clothes every week. Hopefully I can find a lot at the Gap outlet so I don't have to spend a bunch of money.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
(female)

joemamma22 HB User

hello ladies,
happy monday to all. i hope your weekends went well. i have to run to work but i will check this after work. God bless

Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
(female)

panic714 HB User

I find out what im having this wednesday ill keep you posted!! and victoria..contgrats on the baby girl!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
(female)

heathergirl HB User

Hey there every one! I cant believe its august! Well i went in for my ultrasound last friday and the DR says for sure a boy! So we are very very excited DH wanted a boy first. We went and bought a few things for im today. I am just about 18 weeks and i have gained 3 pounds which is good for me! I just keep working out and eating healthy. I dont give into my cravings most of the time. But i have to every now and then! the baby weighs about a half pound and its heart beat is great. I go in for another dr appt on sept 4 and then i go in for a huge 4-d ultra sound on sept 11 and they will look at the babys heart lungs and every thing to make sure its all looking good. they say that you can see the details on the babys face and every thing, its what your baby will look like when you have it, so im very excited for that appointment. Im also looking forward to the weather cooling off a bit, it has bee so hot and humid here, so im looking for the weather to cool off and give me somewhat of a break. My DH says i freeze him out of the house. lol and when we are in the car too. it just die of heat thats all. Im hungry all of the time, still very tired half way through the day, sore boobs still. But i feel great most of the time. i better get going i hope you all have had a great day!

Closed Thread