It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
what can I take for a sore throat/head cold while pregnant?

I'm 21 weeks today, and I'm afraid DH has given me his nasty sore throat and head cold Does anyone know what OTC meds are safe to take while pregnant to help with these symptoms? I have been not sick once while pregnant other than a yeast infection, and I have no idea what is safe to take and what isn't.

Ugh, I feel completely wiped out today. I think DH will definitely be picking up chicken noodle soup from Panera bread for dinner tonight. I so don't feel like cooking.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Trio HB User
Re: what can I take for a sore throat/head cold while pregnant?

My doc told me that Tylenol is perfectly safe, but not to take Aspirin or Advil. Although, I'm not sure if that includes the cold medication or the regular painkiller. Short of asking your doctor directly, your best bet is to ask the Pharmacist when you get to the drugstore. They know more about the drugs than the Dr usually does anyway.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

magster04 HB User

My dr told me I can take tylenol, sudafed, robitussin and benadryl. that's it. Anything else, I'm to call her. As trio said though, i'd feel comfortable asking the pharmacist too. I hope you feel better soon.

Vi

Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sobannon HB User

I was told Sudafed for a cold. But I wouldn't take anything without the okay from YOUR doc. I was given a list of meds okay to take on day 1, so alot of my questions were answered right there.

Amy

Old 08-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Numb_one HB User

Also lozengers for your throat are suppose to be fine aswell Like the other ladies said though, double check with your pharmacist cos some might be & others might not! We have some in Australia called Butter Menthol & my GP said that they're fine!

He actually said that anything you can purchase in a supermarket is fine (with the exception of Neorofen.... that's a no, no & he doesn't know why they're allowed to have it in supermarkets), however i would think that surely there's other things that can be brought from supermarkets that may not be safe, so i just took that advice with a pinch of salt & disregarded it!!!

Check with your pharmacist about the lozengers though because they definately helped me when i was down with a cold a couple of weeks back & bubs is strong & healthy

Hope you feel better soon, Crystal xoxoxox

Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #6
(female)

bjohnson1908 HB User
Question Re: what can I take for a sore throat/head cold while pregnant?

Is it just me... For some reason it seems as though colds are 3 times worse when pregnant? I was told I could take Tylenol.

Closed Thread