It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

Estefani23 HB User
What happens after your overdue?

Hi. Today i am 39 weeks and 4 days. Three more days to go. I was just wondering what would happen when my due date passes. Can i be induced immediately, as my choice? Can the doctor thin me out, or break my water right then? I say this because i am so impatient and i dont want to wait any longer if it's unneccasary. If my baby is well developed and ready for life, i really rather not "wait". I see my doctor on Wednesday after my due date has passed, i hope that maybe she is able to thin me out using her fingers. (I read this on the internet) Anyone knows what kind of routine happens after you pass your due date?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

G8r4evr HB User
Re: What happens after your overdue?

My sister in law is a few days away from her due date and they Dr told her they would induce if need be, but not until 7 days after the due date.

Im sure every Dr has their own approach though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Sherri-Lynne HB User

Hi hon
I am due in 4 days. I am just as impateint as you. They usually don't do anything until you are 41 or 42 weeks along. My OB is pretty good and knows I am getting really fustrated. I think she might try and strech my cervix again with her fingers like she did for me last time. We just have to wait. Everyday I keep thinking that this is it but still no baby. With my DD she came 1 day late so I am thinking that maybe it will be the same with my D on the way. Just hang in there. I hope that we can both go soon. Sherri

Old 08-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

youneeak HB User

Hi there,

I would talk to your doctor and see what he/she suggests. I would recommend telling the doctor that you would be willing to be induced. I had talked to my doctor all along about induction, etc. and because I was so close and thinned and dialating I was induced the day before my due date...many doctors WILL wait until 7-14 days after your due date, but some won't make you wait that long...ask them and talk about your options and the pros/cons about induction!

Best of luck to you!

Old 08-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User

i dont know if it is the same in the us but im in the uk,
ds was 8 days late but they wouldnt induce me until i was 14days late :rollseyes: watching my due date come and go was such a pain,,, then there were all the times i had braxton hicks and thought for sure it was labour! oh, and i also fell down the stairs at 40+1 and the little booger still wouldnt move lol!

Old 08-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

With my first DS my dr wouldnt do anything until you was almost 2 weeks past due. I remember watching my due come and go and think and tried every thing fromwalking,sex and even mowing the yard at high noon just to get soemthing. My brother's high school graduation was the weekend that would have marked one week over due. I was scared to death that I would be sitting in the bleaches watching and go into labor and be 45 minutes away from my hospital/dr. Lucky me I didnt but I did go the next day.
My second ds on the toher hand I had in a different state with a different dr. He was more than willing to induce the day before my due date because he knew my prior history and knew he would be out of town the next couple of weeks.
It all comes down to you and what your dr can agree on.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 08-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
(female)

jillr HB User

It really depends on your doctor. With my first child, I was 10 days overdue and I was induced because he was getting big(almost 9 lbs. for my first child) and my amniotic fluid was getting low. For my other 2 children, I had a different doctor and she started"stirring things up" as she put it, with her fingers when I got close to my due date. Emphasize to your doc how uncomfortable you are getting and keep asking to be induced,,,the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
good luck!

Closed Thread