It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
(female)

mumovhann HB User
Re: Post Partum - June mommas!

Ello Mommas!!

Sorry Ive not checked in in like ages, things are too hectic!

Good to see everyone is well

Lauralu - my health visitor told me as long as everything was ok at my 6 week check I could start exercising again after then, I just cant wait to get back to the gym! I am not BF and my periods have not returned yet (can't say Im missing them ) and I will be 6 weeks PP tomorrow. I was pretty lucky with PP bleeding (I delivered vaginally) mine only lasted around 12 days but with my first child it lasted around 5 weeks.

Kat - Ethan cries big chubby tears and has done from around 3 weeks old, it breaks our hearts when he does that lol GL with the weight loss and your walking regime, I agree it is good to get out with adults every once in a while

Good to see you back Jenny and good to see everythng is well with you and Cooper. That earthquake must have been SCARY, Im sure if your bed is the size of California you should have no problem sharing it with your little man

Had Ethan weighed today, he is 11 pounds and doing well, he slept well last night, woke at 1am took 6oz and then slept through til 6am which was wonderful! DH is in bad books today he has been out playing golf all day (as he had a day off from work) went out at 8.30am, returned at 6.30pm and Ethan has chosen today to be really cranky and DD has drove me crazy all day trying to master her Heelys!! lol DH does try to help out sometimes but I sometimes wish he wouldnt for example, he will bathe Ethan but will leave the nursery looking like an explosion just hit it!! pah

Anyways ladies enough of my moaning Take care, will pop back in asap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Thank you for everyone's replies! I appreciate your responses and hope your little ones are doing great!

Laura
Madeline Claire ~ 7/31/07!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #18
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Evenin' ladies,

I too haven't had any periods, I'm breastfeeding and hope I don't get them anytime soon. I bled postpartum for a couple of weeks after the c-section.

Jenny - that earthquake must have been scary! Glad you and Cooper are ok. Joining a moms group would definitely help the post partum I think. I want to do it too but we are moving across the country at the end of Sept so I figure I might as well wait until I've moved. It's hard here though as we only moved here when I was preggo and I was so tired etc that I never made the effort to meet people so now it's just me and the baby all day. Our movie theatre has "reel babies" on Monday where you get to watch a movie and take baby in. They turn the sound lower and have the lights on low. They socialize for an hour before the movie so I might go and check it out. They do it once every couple of months I think. Do you have a movie theatre that does that?

Mum - good to hear from you. Glad to hear Ethan is growing and sleeping well.

I still have Emily sleep with me at night, I think I'm going to try and get her to go in the crib soon though. She sleeps in the basinette during the day, putting her in before she falls asleep is working well for the last couple of days. She is getting used to it and actually slept for 4hrs straight yesterday afternoon, I kept checking her and wondering when she was going to get up. She sometimes cries after about 15 minutes and then goes back to sleep again so I think she is learning to fall asleep. I tried the crib last night and gave her a paci but after putting it back in her mouth 50 times I gave up and brought her in with me and she fell asleep no problem. Little monkey. DH is being a pain in the butt at the moment and last night asked if I could burp her upstairs as the noise of me patting her back was annoying while he was trying to relax... I had been upstairs and brought her down so I could have some company.

I'm off to try and cook supper before Emily wakes up, bet that doesn't happen...LOL

Have a good evening ladies with those lovely babies...I'm still working on getting a laugh, she does big smiles and then kinda coughs so I think she's trying.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #19
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Me again ladies,

Emily had her shots today at the health clinic. She went bright red and howled while they did it but was quiet as soon as they stopped and she has been sleeping ever since, except woke up for a feed. She is definitely not herself though and although she is sleeping in her basinette she tends to fuss for a few minutes every 15-20 minutes then goes back to sleep. I'm going to go out and get some tylenol once DH gets in just in case it's a rough evening.

She must have known what was coming because she was on my knee at the clinic stripped down to her diaper, then as the nurse was chatting about post partum depression and other stuff Emily let out a grunt and then pooped all out the side of her diaper onto my pants...sooo gross. I had to go out into the waiting room and change her, all the time with poop on my pants. All I could do was laugh (and look away from everyone looking at me) Emily just did big smiles.

I'm glad it's over with and hopefully she'll be back to herself after a nice long sleep.

Hope you ladies are having a nice weekend

Old 08-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Awww...poor Emily. Those shots sure suck dont they? Mason did the same thing....BRIGHT red and shrieked! DH had to leave with the 2 boys because he was so loud and it was breaking their hearts to listen to him. He was better when Momma picked him up to get him dressed again.

Tylenol will help for sure. I usually try to remember to give a little bit before the appointment. Its helped in the past, but I did forget to do it this time around.

Mason slept most of the day following his shots too Daisy. And we did the same as you are planning, gave him Tylenol and avoided touching his chubby chub thighs since they were obviously so sore.

We're hanging at home for the weekend. Not much to do except clean and maybe finish up a bit of painting in the kitchen. That, of course, will all be dependant on how Mason is. He has to be content for me to get in any time away, lol. Some days its easier than others. Today he seems to be power napping, but very happy on the in between. We had a nice, long oooh and aaahhh conversation earlier that nearly brought DH and I to tears because it was so stinkin cute!

Anyways...off to make soup and sandwhich's for dinner. Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Its a new week ladies - how ya'll doin?

We're trucking right along....hope to hear from ya'll soon!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #22
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hey hot mamas ,

We are truckin along too. I actually got out and met with some other moms at a coffee shop where they have a kids play area. Most of them had kids that were toddling but it was soooo good to have someone to talk to. I've been fighting a lot with DH just trying to get his attention.

Emily is great, getting bigger every day and I had to put away a couple of outfits because they are too small Makes me sad. Seeing the older (5mth old) babies the other day made me look forward to what's ahead though. We do seem to be getting into some sort of routine (dare I say it) so I can get a bit more done around here. I can tell when she is ready for a sleep and now when I put her in her basinette during the day she might fuss for a couple of minutes but then falls asleep, it's great. At night she doesn't want to fall asleep in her crib though, as soon as I put her on her back her eyes pop open and she just lies there for a while having a conversation with the curtains and then eventually starts crying. I may have to try putting her in her basinette at night.

Her head is much less wobbly now and she is much more alert when she's awake. Still can't get a laugh out of her but she's close I think. The smiles and coos are the best. Hard to believe it's been 10 weeks already.

Hope to hear from you all soon and I hope you are enjoying your babes

Old 08-29-2007, 11:51 PM   #23
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Cooper slept 9 hours straight two nights this week!!!! I woke up to check him ofcourse. Freaked me out!! I just wanted to jump in & say hey girlies. Were doing good how are you all??? Any special plans for the coming weekend??? Im just going to enjoy cuddling with my little man. He just discovered his bouncy seat bounces & giggles soooo loud when he does it. Also he sits up in his bumbo seat now & he hits his baby einstein playard toys so hard & talks to them. I just bought a walker & an exersaucer for him but they will come in the mail. What are your babies up to? Cooper is still so fascinated with both his mobiles.... Thats where I put him when I shower either in his crib or his cradle. He also loves his swing. He hated it initially. We made our first trip out to IKEA. It was hard. It was too crowded. He cried & I ended up holding him while my sister pushed the stroller. Talk to you guys again soon.

xoxoxo

Jenny & Cooper

P.S. Daisy I had to put away a few of Coopers outfits too they are too small already. Would you believe it... I cried.

Last edited by abrniidgrl; 08-29-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Hi ladies!

Congrats Jenny! Very cool that Cooper slept that long! Wooohoooo! Mason has only ever slept for around 5 hours a pop at night. Ill take that tho.

12 weeks old tomorrow. *sigh* Growing so fast I tell ya! I cant believe what a chunk he is! At his 2 mth old checkup he was 15lbs. And Im sure hes packed on a couple pounds since, lol......all in all hes such a good baby. DH was holding him last night and I over heard him say "Oh I could just have a dozen babies like you" So there might be a chance for a girl yet! I told him the memory of the pain during his labor is fading and I could atleast talk about having another, lol. Before I was not even willing to talk about it!

Hows everyone else doing? Any big plans for this long weekend? Our school district is on strike so my boy (s) didnt start school today like they were supposed to....so we're going to leave early to our lake property for the weekend tomorrow. I have lots of laundry and things to do in the meantime tho.

Hope all is well ladies - post when ya'll can! Miss ya!

xoxo
Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #25
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hey ladies

Good to hear you and your babies are doing so well. 12 weeks for us tomorrow too...it has gone sooo fast. I still can't get a giggle but lots of huge smiles. She loves her swing, bouncer, and just lying on the floor (on her back) she watches the dog as he loves lying near her. She reaches out for toys and tries to roll. I roll her over and she will play on her tummy for a few minutes but then starts to cry. She can hold her head really well now so we don't have to worry about the wobble head anymore which is nice. She loves her bath and will sit in there until we take her out - usually when the water starts to cool down. It means I can clean the kitchen as her bathtub fits over the kitchen sink.

No plans for us this weekend. We are moving back to the East Coast in 4 wks time so we'll be packing and selling stuff. Fun!

Speaking of a dozen more babies I went to the family planning clinic this week and the Doc said well you don't need to worry for the first 6mths if you are exclusively breastfeeding and have no periods you can't get pregnant....yah..I'm not falling for that....I've seen a lot of posts from pregnant women who thought that too! I couldn't believe she said it though. I'll still use a backup thanks, couldn't imagine being preggo again already

Have a good weekend girls

Old 09-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Hey ya'll....

I dont believe that hog wash about not getting pg while BF'ing either, lol. It would be my dumb luck and Id end up PG again w/baby #4.....yeah, ummmm I dont think so! While Id love more DH and I are finished with having babies.....Id still like to find out if there were a way for a girl - but alas I think DH is a boy making machine, lol.

How was your weekend ladies? We had a nice, relaxing time at the lake. The weather worked out, the dogs and kids were good, food was nice....it was hard to leave. I just cant believe summer is nearly over and that Mason is already 12 weeks! Where has all the time gone!?!

Anyways...school should start tomorrow for oldest DS as his teachers have been on strike for nearly a week now and he is getting antsy. Well, so am I, lol...its SO time to start school again, lol.

Daisy ~ Where are you guys moving to?

Cant wait to hear back from you ladies! Hoping all is well!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 09-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #27
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hey Kat ,

We are moving to Halifax on the East Coast. We moved out to Calgary last year from Halifax and rented out our house there. The housing prices here are insane and we would have to get a 40yr mortgage if we stayed here and bought a place. Plus now we have Emily it is more important to have friends around so I stay sane. I'm really looking forward to moving pack (just not the packing part).

Our weekend was good too, didn't do too much, took the dog to the off leash park and tired him out. I went to a movie with Emily yesterday and saw Nanny diaries which was fun...she was awesome and slept or fed most of the time we were there. There is another "baby friendly" movie on Thursday "No reservations" which I might go to. It's good to get out with her.

I caught myself saying she was almost 3 months today....OMG counting in MONTHS instead of weeks...so sad...they grow so fast. She has found her thumb over the last couple of days and now we have the challenge of her poking herself in the eyes on and off throughout the day, I hope it doesn't take her long to figure out to curl her fingers It looks so cute though.

Gotta run and make something to eat while she's sleeping. Chat soon ladies

Old 09-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Howdy ladies!

Only a minute to post a quick hello as Im sure Mason will awake from his slumber soon. He has some sort of clock or timer that goes off when I attempt to have some "me" time, lol.

We're doing well...hes growing like a weed - 13 weeks already. *sigh* Where does the time go? He talks, coos and goos all the time...is a happy smiley guy....I had him sitting on his own the other day. Altho I think it has more to do with how FAT he is and the fat rolls holding him up, lol. He sleeps about 5 hours at a pop each night then up for a feeding and back down. Hes more awake and alert during the days too. He plays with his hanging toys on his gym or his bouncy. He is truly a joy to have for sure!

See? What did I tell you? Hes awake over in his swing talking away, lol. So much for an extended period of "me" time, lol.

I hope you ladies are doing ok! Talk to you ya'll soon!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #29
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hey ladies

Kat - that is sooo cute that Mason's chub holds him sitting...haha. Emily loves to stand and can support her own weight, we have to hold her hands though as obviously zero balance, when we hold her hands to pull her up to a sitting position she always stands instead and then is a smiley girl. We move in a couple of weeks and then I'm going to buy her a jolly jumper as I think she'll love it.

She is much more alert during the day now which is fun as she's a happy bunny. She copies me when I laugh now but she isn't laughing, just making grunt like noises to copy, it's sooo funny

She still sleeps well but has started feeding more often at night, she was going 7hrs or so, feeding and going back to sleep. Now she tends to go 4-5hrs wants a feed, another 4-5hrs then feed, then back to sleep again. I think maybe she is just needing more food as she's getting bigger. I'm going to take her to get weighed tomorrow as they have a free well-baby clinic on Wednesday afternoons near me and I'm curious to see how much she weighs now.

Well, gotta do some more packing before the little cherub wakes up Hope to hear from you ladies soon

Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #30
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Hey Girlies!
Cooper & I are doing fabulous. God I cant get enough of this little guy. We had a family picnic in the park yesterday & he got to meet his cousin Kevin who is a week older. Theres such a huge difference between them. Cooper seems much more alert. Kevin sort of seems like a blob. I started doing raspberries on his belly today & his giggles were just so precious tomorrow Im going to set up the video camera to catch it on tape. He hates riding in the car. But I bought some used nursery rhyme cds & he seems to lik ethem. LOVES his daily bath. I get in with him now rather than using the small tub. I bought this special ramp type thing to lie him on to keep his back & head at an angle. It works great. We can play in there for like 30 minutes. I sing songs to him & exercise his legs & arms to it. Ive got him going to bed at 8 pm usually he will sleep til 5 am have a diaper change & bottle immediatly go back to bed for 3 or 4 more hours. Then during the day he eats every two hours. Hes holding down 4 to 5 ounces now. How bout your babies? Where did everyone else go??
Bye for now...
Jenny

Closed Thread