It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User
Re: Post Partum - June mommas!

Hi ladies!

We're still here. Plugging along. Mason is 14 weeks old - already....*sigh* Time is JUST flying by!

Hes such a good baby....hates tummy time but moves like hes ready to run a marathon! We got him a jumperoo....one of those bouncy deals where it stands stationary w/toys and he can sit, turn and bounce while giggling. He flippin LOVES it! He actually fell asleep in it this morning, lol...I didnt even realize he was ready for his morning nap until I turned around and there he was nearly passed out in it - soooooooooooo cute! Hes been holding his up for quite some time now....I dont expect that he'll be much longer before he crawls. I think hes advanced, but Im quite biased, lol!

Hows everyone else? Are you ladies just lovin your babies? I cant believe summer is over. In fact, here its like one day its uber nice and sunny and then we wake up this morning and its flippin cold and like summer is GONE! Dang it!

Anywho...I hope some of ya'll check in soon! I miss my June mommas! Good to hear from you Jenny! And Daisy...hows packing and moving going for you?? I hope its going ok and you can check in with us soon!

Take care ladies!

xoxoxo
Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 09-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #32
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hello Ladies

So little Emily is 15wks now - she rolled over for the first time yesterday, front to back, and has done it tons of times since , I have even got it on camera and DH saw her do it when he got home too, it was so cool. I'm such a proud mama.

Glad to hear you and your babies are doing so well, I can't wait to get a jumperoo for Emily, she supports her weight standing on my legs leaning against me while I burb her and I know she would love to jump.

The packing is going along, I hate it but we are almost there. We move on Thursday. We had some bad news about my dad, he has a brain and lung tumour and is in the hospital. As soon as I get back to Halifax I have to get an emergency passport for Emily and then we'll be heading over to England the next day. He is stable at the moment so we are going ahead with the move as planned, and then I should be able to fly next weekend. I don't know how I'm going to manage all the stuff by myself flying to England...bassinet, stroller, car seat, luggage etc etc. God I hope Emily likes to fly! DH is going to stay in Halifax and move in all our stuff and take care of that. I think it will be good for my mum and sisters to have Emily around as it will stop everyone being sad all the time. It's hard to be sad with a smiley baby around.

We are not really in much of a routine, probably good since it will be totally messed up with time changes etc. She sleeps about 10-12 hrs a night, feeding once or twice during the night and going right back to sleep. Not sure how much she drinks either since we're BF'ing but since I haven't given her a bottle for a month or so she now REFUSES it totally. I can get her to take a couple of ounces max with lots of squirming etc, then I offer the breast and she drinks for ages, she does not want anything to do with the bottle now. I'm trying each night to get her to drink some just in case I need to do it while travelling so someone else can feed her if necessary. I think I'll just have to stick to boobs!

Hope you ladies are enjoying the weekend

Daisy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Oh Daisy Im so sorry to hear about your daddy. If I may ask....how old is he? Not that its any easier, but is he young?? My momma died suddenly due to massive heart failure and she was only 43. I know what its like to lose a parent when its way too early.....

Right on Emily for rolling over!! Mason hates tummy time. He fusses until you pick him up...yet when he lays on his back he rolls to his side. If he could get his big ol chubby chub arm outta the way he would roll like a champ, lol. He LOVES his jumeroo.....best $$ Ive spent yet, lol. He bounces like a mad man. Hes even fallen asleep in it a few times. I end up transferring him to his swing or cradle. Hes still a cat napper during the day, but will take longer naps in the swing. I can wait for him to be completely asleep and set him in the cradle and he'll only sleep for about 10 minutes waking up all kinds of bright eyed and smiley. He sleeps much better at night these days....6 hours on the initial lay down, wakes eats then sleeps for another 4 or so...or until around 8 - whichever comes first, lol.

Im also still striclty BF'ing and have no clue the amount he eats. Id say he gets enough as hes like 17lbs. Or more, lol. He hasnt ever liked the bottle so Im confined to the house, lol....

I flew to NY from WA when DS #2 was about 5 mths old and he did wonderfully. The only piece of advice I can offer is to nurse her on take off and landing. It helps with their ears. It will make your life that much easier.

Good luck with your flight and packing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Ill talk to you ladies soon!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Last edited by klr2k; 09-22-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:06 PM   #34
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

my dad is 73. He definitely got the most out of life but it's still hard for me to think of him not being around. I can't imagine losing someone at age 43 sorry you had to go through that I am happy that my mom and dad were both here for Emily's birth and I have pictures of them holding her on her birthday.

Emily weighed in at almost 13lbs a week ago...maybe being a lightweight helps the roll...she just leans her big ol' head over and the rest follows haha. Still no tears. She too has been cat-napping recently, more my fault as I'm trying to pack and then go out for a while and we are not constant enough for her to get a good long sleep in. I don't imagine with us travelling it's going to help, at least she is a good cat napper and can fall asleep anywhere (except her crib!) She like the basinette and it's a travel one so I'm taking it with me.

DH has just taken baby and dog out for a walk in the rain so I have 30 minutes of peace, I love it. Time to wind down a little. Thanks for the advice on the nursing during take off and landing....I'll definitely do that.

talk to you soon,

Daisy

Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Awww Daisy...Im sorry. Its NEVER easy. No matter what age...especially if you are close to your family. *hugs*

Yes Im sure the fact that Mason outweighs Emily by a few pounds doesnt help his rolling status. LOL! He does sit up tho....he sits for longer periods every day....I used to think it was his fat rolls holding him up - but I think hes actually sitting. Of course if he gets his arms flapping or his head bopping he starts to topple, lol....we've had a few episodes with tears - nothing huge. Hes had a few spells where he cried and had some tears come a shooting out - such a heart breaker I tell ya!

So your DH actually takes the baby out? Whats THAT like? LOL! I dont get any down time for myself....my shower is my only alone time, lol....until the night time when all the kids go to bed at which point Im so bloody tired I cant keep my own eyes open to enjoy my time alone, lol!

Have a good rest of the weekend!

xoxoxo
Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #36
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Awww, that's so cute Mason can sit up. Emily can sit up leaning against me but then she slowly falls forward until she has her head on the floor between her legs (wish I was that flexible!!). The kids are almost 16wks, can you believe it?? Emily has changed so much in the last month, she now loves playing with her rattles and loves to smile.

DH is out with the baby again...if she's fed then she's a happy girl when she's in the car or out anywhere so DH doesn't mind. He normally says he's going to take the dog out and I persuade him to take the baby too. He thinks that gets him out of holding her when he comes back so he takes her. She doesn't make a peep so he really doesn't have to do anything. When she's home she needs more entertaining. I have about an hour this time which is so nice. She's pretty much mine all the time when we are in the house....if she fusses DH hands her over and says "I think she's hungry" LOL. Men.

We are almost all packed, just doing the finishing bits today and then we send it off tomorrow. We are staying in a hotel overnight and then flying Thursday, the hardest part will be leaving the cat and dog at cargo They are going to freak out.

I'll check in with you ladies when I get a chance,

take care of yourselves and those little cherubs

Daisy

Old 09-27-2007, 06:10 AM   #37
(female)

mumovhann HB User

Hi Ladies!

So glad to hear all those lil ones are coming along a treat!

Daisy I am sorry to hear about your Dad, I know what it's like to worry about a parent who is ill, I'm thinking of you all. Emily sounds like a little darling and soo good too!

Mason sounds too cute Kat, I can only imagine what a little chub he is if he can sit up already! LOL, that did make me laugh.

Ethan just seems to be developing this cute little personality, he has such a wicked giggle, he loves to be given a BOO! that works every time. He has such an adorable gummy smile and looks just like his sister, he's not sittiing up but holds his head up really well. I took him to the baby clinic last week (he was 11 weeks old) and he weighs 13.7 llb we just love those chunky rolls! He had his shots the week before last and screamed the surgery down, it was horrible, he also bled a lot and I was covered in blood, not nice. Im taking him for his next lot next week and Im so not looking forward to that, he kinda looks at me as if I did it to him!

He is sleeping well through the night now, he usually has his last feed at around 9pm and wakes at 7am, so it's great.

Well I've gotta dash, must go pick up Hannah from school. Glad to see everyone is keeping well. Have a safe journey Daisy.

Angela x

PS I just cant believe next years June Mums have started a thread! Doesn't seem like 5 mins ago that was us!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Daisy ~ I cant wait until you get all moved in! Ill be thinking of you guys....let us know you're ok once you get settled.

Angela ~ Long time no talk lady! Glad to hear you guys are all doing well!! Hows the big sissy liking her baby brother? Everything ok? I know both our older boys adore Mason - which really makes my life easier. So far no animosity or anything like that....I was very worried that our middle DS would have problems with the shift of attention.

Yes Mason is a little chubba-wubba. My sister calls him chub-a-saurus. LOL! Hes a chunky little guy I tell ya! Hes starting to roll over. And he acually is liking tummy time thankfully. And he loves his jumeroo! He fell asleep twice in it yesterday, lol!

Mason is back on Zantac....I thought he had gotten over his acid reflux but it appears as though hes not doing well with it again. Hes been pulling away from the breast screaming and crying, which usually cuts short his feedings making him a cranky guy. So, back on the awful tasting Zantac. He goes in 2 weeks for his 4 mth shots. *sigh* Totally not looking for to that. I dont remember how many shots he gets, I wanna say he'll have 3, but I cant remember for certain.

I hear ya about the new June mommas Angela....I was just thinking last weekend about how right around this time last year I found out I was PG but kept it a secret from DH until I could think of a catchy way to tell him. Im just literally in amazement how quickly time flies. I swear I was just PG and complaining about some things....and now all of a sudden I dont have this itty bitty baby anymore, instead I have this smiley, giggly chunky-monkey little boy! 16 weeks tomorrow. *sigh* He'll be in kindergarten in no time!

Hope you all have a great weekend. Im glad to read about you all and your babies....talk to you all soon!

xoxoxo
Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #39
(female)

mumovhann HB User

Kat I was also worried about how Hannah would cope with the new arrival, having had us both to herself for 5 years but she is an absolute darling with him and loves him so much, no animosity or anything, it's so sweet and she is such a good help, fetching nappies and wipes and things. It was difficult during the summer holidays trying to entertain them both, now she is back at school it's wonderful because I can give him lots of attention throughout the day and then she gets all of my attention when she comes home from school.

Although I love being a Mummy and everything that goes with it, this will be our last baby, that makes me sad but I feel blessed to have 2 gorgeous, healthy children. DH is booked in for his vasectomy 18th October (his decision!) He says I've gone through the pain of childbirth and carried his babies for nine months, now it's his turn lol...it's rather sweet, it will be strange not having to worry about contraception!

I'm still on maternity leave, I'm not due back until end of February but I'm now considering the possibility of giving up work altogether as I have a high pressured job and my priorities have totally shifted now! i just don't think I could give it 100% now.

Got to fly, Ethan is stirring for his last bottle of the night, I always try to give it to him while he's grumbling before it turns into a full blown wail !!!

Take care all....speak soon Angela x

Old 09-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #40
(female)

mumovhann HB User

PS Kat hope Mason gets over that reflux soon. My neice had the same thing when she was younger and they had to put gaviscon in her feed, it helped her an awful lot, but it was a distressing time for my brother and his wife as she was bringing up most of her feed each time but she is a happy, healthy 18 month old now and too cute!

Hope the meds help him, and he keeps up the chub!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #41
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Daisy, so sorry to hear about your dad. But glad to hear they were both there for the birth.
Seems like just yesterday we were June Mommies. I soooooo want another one!!!! Cooper is just the cutest little guy I still find myself waking at night just to look at his beautiful precious face. I must tell him I love him 50+ times a day.

Theres something I want to share but dont want to gross you out. Have any of you heard about this infant potty training???? Cooper has only pooped in his diaper one time in the last three weeks. What happens is he gives like this two minute warning grunt type of thing. I undo his diaper & he poops. Its the most bizarre thing. He laughs at it & I say to him do you have to go potty? Push & I put his legs up toward his tummy (seems to help him in the pushing dept.) I get all excited & tell him what a good & big boy he is.... Anyways, I do not have him without a diaper ever but I got this article emailed to me today about it & I guess its common. Some of these parents let their kids go without a diaper at this age. That I find hard to believe but then again every time Cooper poops Im totally amazed. Its like on demand or something... But its not like I could put him on the toilet at his age so it doesnt do much good except that were sort of in touch with each other I guess...

Anyways I hope you all had a great weekend!! I wish Coop had some chub on him like Mason does!!! We go for his 4 month shots Wednesday & Im not looking forward to the tears.

Will try to check in more often. Cooper hasnt rolled yet & he hates tummy time but holds his head up real good. He hates the stroller & I am due to have a movable one delivered tomorrow Im so looking forward to it. Then he can fac eme. His walker hasnt been delivered yet but his exersaucer has & he doesnt like it yet. Im looking forward to a jumperoo now. & I think I might sell my townhouse when my tenants lease is up to pay for all this baby stuff & so I wont have to go back to work for a while. I cant imagine being away from him....

P.S. Im still crying everyday. They upped my tranquilizer though & put me on a different anti depressant. Its getting better slowly. Are any of you having any post pardomy stuff going on?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #42
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Where the heck is everyone??

Old 10-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Im here!!

We're doing good. Mason had his 4 mth checkup, I wont divulge the chubs' weight - but hes in the 90th percentile. LOL!! Hes a biggin! Loves jumperoo time...loves his big brothers reading to him....smiles and talks all the time - Id take a dozen more! HA!

How's everyone else doing???
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 10-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #44
(female)

mumovhann HB User

Hi!

We are doing well also, Ethan has had a bit of an upset tummy but we all have and he hasn't lost that cute little smile so I'm guessing he's doing ok. He has the cutest smile, and cute little dimples ooohhh I could eat him

I heard all of you ladies talking about the Jumperoo but had never heard of it before and then we were out shopping last week and what should we see but a Jumperoo! So I snapped one up and he loves it, his feet dont quite reach the floor but he loves for any one of us to bounce him, it's so cute. Another thing I bought upon recommendations from friends was a Bumbo seat. We put him in it and it looks really strange but he seems to like it because he can see eveything that is going on around him!

I'm really snappy this weekend lol my period seems to have come back with avengance! DH has gone out to watch England in the Rugby Wold Cup Final and I just know he is sick of me this weekend, Im soooo moody but I just can't help it! He went for his Vasectomy counselling on Thursday and was told he will have the op a week on Tuesday, he's so nervous, bless him!

Gotta dash, little man is stirring, take care all!! Angela

Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #45
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hello Ladies

Emily and I are back from the UK. Dad is ok, but has lost a lot of strength and weight and is quite cranky these days (not surprisingly). He starts radiotherapy in a couple of week and hopefully that will help.

Emily was great on the flights, the flight attendants loved her and the other passengers said they were surprised at how good she was. Luckily I had her in her own car seat next to me so it made things much easier for me. She is happy in there and I would just take her out from time to time and feed her and change her and play with her, she really was great.

I have heard about the pooping thing too where people put them on a potty as an infant. It wouldn't really work for me as Emily just lets out one grunt then totally fills her diaper and I just pray the diaper keeps it all in (she does it twice a day and usually it shoots up the back) gotta love the breastmilk poops!!

As I was away I missed the 4mth shots but have an appt for her on Tuesday. I did get her weighed while I was in the UK and got a great baby health book from a friend of my mums who was a health nurse. She is 14lbs now and has the chub on the thighs, too cute. She is LOVING the exersaucer, jolly jumper and her bouncer now she can bounce herself. Her favourite thing to do is grab her toes. When I was in the UK I went a classifieds site and found a cheap baby bath and also a cheap jolly jumper. It took me a while to find it as in the UK they call it a door bouncer. Anyway, it is one of those that hangs in the doorway and she loves it. She has always been able to support her own weight so she stands up and spins around. She does that in the exersaucer too. She loves the TV and even watched most of Aladdin on video with her neices. I put her in her carseat and she was a happy bunny.

well, I hope you ladies are doing well. It sounds like we are all enjoying mommyhood. I think I am past the post pardomy thing but from time to time it is still very overwhelming. Take care all,
Daisy

Closed Thread