It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User
Thumbs up Post Partum - June mommas!

Hi ladies!

I know we can cabitz for 6 mths post delivery, so I thought Id start a new thread for us to follow each others progress etc.

DS is doing well....staying steady at 3-4 hour intervals at night FINALLY. Hes actually started to pace himself with his eating during the day now too....about 2-3 hours, leaning towards the 3 hour intervals....and hes starting to stay awake for about an hour in between naps - a pleasant hour at that whereas hes not overly fussy.

How are you all? Question for you: I dont know if any of you have this as I think most of ya'll had C-sections....but I have a pain in my lower abdominal area....if you push on it - it hurts. Almost like a muscle pain....anyone else got sore muscles down there??

Anywho - my apologies mods if this isnt appropriate....hoping we can keep it so the June mommies have a place to check in and post about their babies....

Post when ya can ladies!! Miss you all!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User
Re: Post Partum - June mommas!

* bump *

Come on June mommies - lets here how ya'll are holding up!

I miss ya!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Where are my other June mommies. Im feeling so lonely....come on ladies - lets here from ya! Daisy, Mum, Jenny, Shek...Court...Sara....all of ya! (Sorry if I missed someone!)

The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
(female)

mumovhann HB User

Hi Kat

and every other June Mummy out there!

Sorry I've not been on for a lil while. I'm finding the transition from one to 2 children exhausting! LOL seeing as it's summer break also, I have my 5yo daughter to entertain as she is off school for 6 weeks and this has been THE wettest summer here in the UK since weather records began...typical!!

I hope you are well, how is Mason? How is his feeding going? Ethan has upped the ounces but isn't sleeping any longer, he weighed in at 10 1 at his 3 week check, he is just sprouting before our eyes! He was covered in dry skin when he was born, due to me being 9 days overdue, but i've been rubbing olive oil into his skin after each bathtime and thats worked great. Also, all of his baby hair is falling out now (not that he had a lot) and he has white blond hair growing through, he's very fair (like his Daddy) and he has this white fluffy hair all over his body which is too cute.

Was daisy going on holiday? Where was she going?...I so wish I was going on holiday now, I usually holiday abroad every year and I really miss it when we dont have one (UK weather is soooo lousy).

I will try to sign in here more often, keep up to date with how everyone is doing, take care all! Angela x

Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
(female)

mumovhann HB User

BTW Kat

That pain you describe sounds a bit like a hernia, my friend had one and the symptoms sounded like yours. Hope it's feeling better soon.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Hernia? That cant be, lol....I cant have anything like that right now! Theres NO TIME! lol!

I hear ya about the transition....the hardest for me was the 2 to 3 kids....1 to 2 was ok because DS #1 was 6....and fully independant etc. DS #2 is still very dependant upon me, at age 4. He wuvs his momma...all 3 are gonna be mommas boys I bet!

Mason is well....keeping up on his 2-3 hour breastfeeding schedule. Last night he slept, wait for it.....5 hours!! He slept from 10 - 3. I was so happy to get so much sleep.....then of course after that he was up at 6 for another feed, then up at 7:30 for good.....regularly I would say that he sleeps 3 hours at a pop at night, which even still is nice....during the day however, hes much less reliable for sleep....an hour here and there, occassionally if his brothers are quiet, he may go longer....

Glad to hear Ethan is growing so quickly! We must have us a couple of chunky babies huh? Mason has his 2 mth appt tomorrow where he'll get some shots....and of course be weighed. Im guessing he'll come in at a hefty 14 or 15 lbs, lol....such a chub. I love it tho!

Lets try to keep up here for as long as we can! I know we are allowed up to 6 mths post partum, so this should get us thru until then.

Take care!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Last edited by klr2k; 08-08-2007 at 05:04 PM.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Hi ladies,

Had Masons appt today with the Ped and he got 4 shots. Hes miserable....upset and cranky, really has been screeching since we got home. I normally give a bit of Tylenol before the shots but I dropped the ball on that one this time around and now Im regretting it. Poor little guy....otherwise hes a healthy 15lbs. And 24 inches long....growing like a weed, the doctor wanted to know what I feed him in my breast milk, lol....called him a tank, lol....hes heathly, but not happy. I have in his ******* chair sleeping lightly for now - but wanted to let you all know how it went. Talk to you ladies soon!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hello Ladies!! Whoa, I haven't been checking the preggo boards, I just subscribed to the June mommies one so I get an email everytime someone posts there. I just thought it was odd nobody had posted in a while so went looking for the thread to bump it and found this one....great idea.

I had a great couple of days in the mountains with my sister and her family. I have 2 nieces who are 7 and 11 and thought the baby was great. I would put her down for a sleep and then if she made a peep the 7yr old would run and grab her and cuddle her. I didn't like to tell her not to do it and luckily Emily is back to the normal naps now. I didn't end up taking her in the pool, more because I was worried she would poop and that wouldn't be good for everyone else in the pool. The smallest "little swimmers" are for around 16lb babies and she is only about 11lb now. She was happy in her car seat while I had a quick swim with the girls, and then the next day my sister held her while I had a swim.

Glad to hear all your babies are doing well, and chubbing up nicely! I LOVE the chub. Emily is chubbing up too and I no longer pump anymore, she is doing so well. She sleeps really well at night, we go to sleep around 11:30 and she will sleep until around 6:30 to feed then go back to sleep until around 10am. During the day she is less predictable and seems to sleep all day one day and the next not at all. If we are out and about she sleeps in the stroller or the car though. She feeds every 3hrs during the day but a lot during the evenings, tanking up for the night. I'm not complaining though!

She's going for her 2mth check up on Wednesday and then gets her shots next Saturday (they do them at a well-baby clinic not at the docs).

Since Emily didn't sleep much during the day yesterday she is having a sleepy day, I love it. She has changed so much the last 2 weeks, smiling lots, playing with her teddies in the bouncer and making little noises. She loves to grunt, it's hysterical. Still no tears yet, I'm going to ask the Dr about that as I thought they were supposed to have them by now.

How are your babies progressing? Lots of smiles?

Old 08-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Lots of smiles here too. TONS! Hes actually been smiling consistantly since around 5 weeks...and his ooh's and goo's are a hoot. Ive been taking video each time starts to "talk" so I can look back on it later....hes growing so fast its insane....

Mason doesnt have tears either...and I spaced out on asking at the doctor last week. We were all too busy giggling at his 15lb butt! LOL!! The doctor thinks hes such a tank, lol....cute - but SUPER CHUB! I think he looks great myself. No complaints.

Mason eats about the same as you Daisy....every 2.5 - 3 hours. And does the "power feeds" at night to stock up for the eve. Last night he didnt fall asleep until 11:30 and slept until 5:30 I was in shock and so thankful at the same time! Normally hes asleep around 9 or 9:30 then up at 12:30 or 1, down again until around 4:30.....sometimes 5.....his night sleeps are getting better for sure! BUT his day sleeps are the same as you guys too....some days hes a joy and sleeps like a champ. Today, however, is not one of those days, lol. Hes in his swing right now talking and smiling away...but not sleeping, lol.....maybe tomorrow he'll make up for it.

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon - Im crossing my fingers that he behaves, lol. Its at the Y and I dont want to have to leave too early as his 2 other brothers are going to want to stay and have fun.

Anyways - off I go. Glad you're back and safe Daisy!!

Hows everyone elses babies?
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
(female)

daisychain_0506 HB User

Hey ladies

Emily had her 2mth checkup today and is now 11lb.... this is great weight gain for her as she was a slow starter but is now chubby and the Dr was surprised how much she has put on. She is 23 inches. The Dr is a little concerned about a "click" in her right hip so he is going to arrange for an xray just to make sure it's ok. He said it's probably nothing and so I'm not going to worry about it for now.

She is starting to change her sleeping habits a bit and now wants to be held to fall asleep during the day...I'm definitely not going to stay in that habit and have been trying all day to put her in her basinette before she falls asleep so she can be used to falling asleep on her own. She has been having none of that and starts fussing and I don't want to leave her too long crying. Finally (5pm) she has fallen asleep on her own with only a few minutes fussing. I'm going to have to make sure I do this regularly I think before I end up carrying her all day long

Kat - I asked the Dr about the tears and he said not to worry about it at all for at least another couple of months.

Lots of smiles and cooing which is so much fun. She will lie on the floor and play for a while now from time to time, her head control is so much better now thank goodness, still a bit of a wobble head but much much less.

check in soon ladies so I can see how you and babes are doing....I have to take her for shots on Saturday I'll let you know how that goes.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:20 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

Oh good...I was starting to worry about the tear thing....I bet those tears start soon. Ive noticed Masons starting to get a little wet in the eyes when he fusses....so I know they arent too far from starting. I actually got him to "belly laugh" today....I was nearly in tears it was so dang cute!

Glad to hear Emily is growing so well! Good luck with the shots Saturday - Im always so stressed out for those appointments. I hate listening to those screams and shrieks after they get poked. Such a sad time....

Well, you'll have to let me know how you do with laying her down before she sleeps....Mason falls asleep while hes eating most times - and some of those times I can get up and get him in his ******* vibrating chair or his swing. Lately hes been falling sleep in his swing - but today I actually started feeding him and putting him in his bassinet as well.....we bought a really nice set of monitors a month or so ago, so now its time to use them. Plus, with him asleep in the bedroom, theres a lesser chance his big LOUD brothers will wake him, lol. Just about every time those noisy little turds come in from outside they wake him. Its been really hot here lately and the back of our house where our room has just been baking hot, so I broke down and bought a pack n play with bassinet for the living room. I have an over stuffed chair that Ive been sleeping in and having the baby sleep in his super comfy ******* chair - that he loves. But I really want him to get used to the thought of sleeping in his bassinet or pack n play. Plus I can use the pack n play for our trips to our lake property or when we go to my dads in Oregon on the weekends....it'll be a good investment for sure.

Anyways, sorry for the book, lol....Ive been so bored lately. Cooped up in the house and feeling like I dont get anything done during the days has been driving me nuts. My best girlfriend and I start our walking regimine tomororw so I can get some of this baby weight off. It'll be nice to have an adult to talk to, lol....someone other than the kids. I love DH and all - but I just need to get OUT! LOL!! teehee

Talk to you ladies soon!

Kat
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #12
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Hey girlies!!!! Ive missed you. Im soooo post partum. I cry everyday. Cooper is doing well. He had his 2 month check up last Friday. He weighs 12 pounds 11 ounces. & He is 24 1/2 inches long. He slept through the night for the first time 7 hours. I think it has to do with the cereal & little bit of veggies hes eating at dinner time though. Who knows maybe not. Doc said that its really only because of his severe reflux & the fact that he is soo good at keepinbg his head up from such an early age that he is okay with the cereal & veggies for him. He cries tears and has almost from the very beginning. How weird is that!?! He doesnt seem to like the car rides anywhere. I bought some lullabies on cd to play in the car & will start to take him for short rides daily after they arrive in the mail. I cuddle him so much & still have him sleeping in my bed. It is a california king so its humongous. We had an earthquake last week & let me tell you I was soooo greatful I had him right next to me that I dont know when I will move him to his crib. I heard from his father but he never carried through so far with coming out to see him. I think he wanted to play house & when I said he had to stay at a hotel & rent a car he changed his tune & I havent heard a peep since. Fine with me. I want to join a local mom & me group for support & to meet some friends & feel more normal. Are any of you teary eyed & emotional still? Is it just me? Cooper smiles up a storm alll the time & he & my mother have their own language. He is always cooing & aah ing & I am eating every bit of it up. Its sooo good to know the napping hes doing during the day is jiving with some of your babies too. I hope we can keep this thread up. Will try to check in more often.

xoxoxo Jenny & Cooper

Woops I forgot. YES!! I am having that pain by my c section scar inside & out. Im glad to hear Im not the only one. Now I dont need to go to the Dr. to ask if its normal...

Last edited by abrniidgrl; 08-15-2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: to add something

Old 08-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Hi Ladies! I am a July Mommy (July 31st). I'm hoping it's ok to post here - just a few questions. For the non-breastfeeding moms, when did you get your periods? Also, how long did your post-partum bleeding last? When can you start to exercise? (other than just walking). Thanks so much!!!

Laura
Madeline Claire ~ 7/31/07

Old 08-16-2007, 10:41 PM   #14
(female)

abrniidgrl HB User

Hi Ladies! I am a July Mommy (July 31st). I'm hoping it's ok to post here - just a few questions. For the non-breastfeeding moms, when did you get your periods? Also, how long did your post-partum bleeding last? When can you start to exercise? (other than just walking). Thanks so much!!!

Laura
Madeline Claire ~ 7/31/07

I delivered via c section June 3rd. Still have not gotten a period. I BF for about 6 weeks mostly pumped. my post pardom bleeding lasted about 7 or 8 weeks. I havent gotten a period yet. I was told I could exercise when I felt ready. I lost the weight right away. But then again I didnt gain much.... I was chubby before I became pregnant.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

My post partum bleeding lasted about 4 weeks - ish....but I also delivered vaginally. I am 10 weeks (today) post partum from having Mason and still havent gotten a period - and dont have any signs of it beginning anytime soon. I am exclusively breastfeeding so I dont expect to see my period anytime soon.

I started walking again last week - I was about 7 pounds heavier than I would have liked to be when I got PG, and I gained 27lbs from the PG - so I am looking to drop another 10 pounds or so. I am walking at a brisk pace - 2 miles a day now, while pushing the baby in his stroller for a bit of resistance. Good luck to you on that!

Hiya Jenny and Cooper!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to see you on - I miss talking to my June mommies. Maybe I am PPD, lol....

Mason just started to fuss, Ill wrote more later on!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Closed Thread